What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2009 Rocky Mountain Showdown prediction thread

Buffs: 811
Sheep: -4

I guess they are using the Modified Stableford System for scoring this year? :smile2:

Edit: Sorry, I guess I owe a score... 28 CU - 10 CSU. I was going to say 31, but that would have meant we kicked a FG. :huh:

Last edited:
CU 35, CSU 21. Three buff rushers over 50 yards, hansen and cody split time and each throw a TD. CSU will be driving for a tying touchdown late, but the sun will reflect off of cody's visor and into the eyes of hte visorless CSU QB, causing him to throw a pass directly in the hands of Burney, who returns it for a TD, then spikes the ball into Bradley Van Pelt's FACE since he is standing on the sideline. BVP cries.

CU 35, CSU 21. Three buff rushers over 50 yards, hansen and cody split time and each throw a TD. CSU will be driving for a tying touchdown late, but the sun will reflect off of cody's visor and into the eyes of hte visorless CSU QB, causing him to throw a pass directly in the hands of Burney, who returns it for a TD, then spikes the ball into Bradley Van Pelt's FACE since he is standing on the sideline. BVP cries.

and then flips us all off.

BUFFS 45 CSwho 13

I got to go
with 41-0.

I tried to write 42-6, but I have to go with the shut-out. Gut feeling.

They are in such a "building year" they are still molding the bricks and letting them dry in the sun.

It will not be a pretty day to wear the leperkahn colors.

CU scores first, the lammies answer, but plays catch up all afternoon while the good guys pull away as the CU is too much for the napoleanic complex stricken ewes,

42-17

CU 31 CSU 10

CU O 410 yards

We keep it on the ground and run at them the entire game. It goes 14-10 going into the 3rd, but their horses can't keep until when we break out into the 4th and score 2 unanswered TDs (1 in the 3rd).

Buffs - 27
Douche Bags -13

The game doesn't provide answers we're looking for.

Cu 42-CSewe 2

After Fairchild is balling on the sidelines Hawkins will take a knee in the endzone and give the sheep coach a lolly.

CU - 51-17
Good first quarter with 2 TDs and a fg from csU (14-3). 2nd a little sluggish as we try too much creativity on Offense and lose a little rythm; trade TDs and get a FG (21-10). Quality 3rd Qtr as we pound away and find a good mix in the Offense with 2 TDs and a mistake on an EP (37-17). The fourth is run pounding with 2 rushing TDs (51-17, FINAL). DS both goes for over 100 while speedy (slowed down a bit with the hammy), B-Lock, and Sumler add 50+ each. Cody throws for 230 with a total offense of 495.

Defense looks stout with 2 ints and a FF off of a sack. Hold them to less than 100 on the ground and no big breaks in the passing game--they will be nickle and diming all day; the few times they do go deep the secondary will break it up and/or pick.

Your University of Colorado Golden Buffaloes: 55

goats: 0

We're going to murder these guys. 3rd teamers will be in by the 4th quarter, which may lead to some late goat points, but I'll stick with the shutout prediction.

48-7 The Good Guys.

I too was going to go with the 6 TDs and one missed PAT but instead decided to go with 7 TDs and "Money" misses 1 of 7 PATs. Lambs get a TD on special teams (they block our 3rd string punters punt and run it back for a TD) cuz there's no way their O scores a TD.

Last edited:
Back