What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2010 Big 12 Commitment Tracker

Re: Big 12 Commitment Tracker

Man, unless you are a QB or a WR, why on earth would you pick Lubbock over Boulder? Man, talk about one extreme (Beautiful, great weather) to another (ugly as hell, hot, windy, dusty).

I'll never get that.

Recruits see those high flying offenses and wins. They have always got the dt's at okie state.

3 losing seasons hasn't helped. CU needs to impress early and end strong. Will there be any quality recruits left?

Recruits see those high flying offenses and wins. They have always got the dt's at okie state.

3 losing seasons hasn't helped. CU needs to impress early and end strong. Will there be any quality recruits left?
yup. signing day is a LOOOOONG ways away.

I think it highlights the need for us to start faster in future years (2011's instate class could give us that chance), but I still think there will be a number of "solid" commits in play toward the end of this recruiting cycle.

yup. signing day is a LOOOOONG ways away.

Yep, seems the argument to sign early or wait has no right or wrong answer. It would be nice to have 20 signed right now but then if you lose 5-6 throughout the season it would be a downer.

Then, if you don't sign too many early, seems like many guys on your radar are already off the board and you get terms like" potential, sleepers" etc...

CU has enough national games to impress and get quality guys to check out CU.

August 20th Update:

TX Safety Tommie Saunders (3*, 4*, 3*) has committed to Oklahoma State.

Could this be the commitment that ensures Zack Craig doesn't get the OSU offer and commits to CU?

August 22nd:

Nebraska secured a verbal from TX DE Donovan Vestal (3*, 3*, NR). Pretty impressive offer list.

Great news on all these recruits that other Big 12 teams are getting!

August 24th update:

Okie State pulled in 2 defensive line commitments today: OK DT Chris Littlehead (3*, 3*, 2*) and TX DE Joseph Okafor (NR, 3*, NR). OSU is now up to 22 verbals.

This thread title should be changed to '" Big 12 with the exception of colorado" recruiting tracker.:sad2:

August 24th update:

Okie State pulled in 2 defensive line commitments today: OK DT Chris Littlehead (3*, 3*, 2*) and TX DE Joseph Okafor (NR, 3*, NR). OSU is now up to 22 verbals.

Good for Gundy. Now that he got a Littlehead, he won't be so damn wound up.

August 25th update:

Oklahoma picked up a verbal from Missouri TE Trey Millard (4*, 3*, 3*). He plays FB, TE and MLB, but is expected to play an H-back type role for OU.

August 26 update:

Texas Tech is now up to 18 commits. They landed Tre'Vante Porter today, a DB out of Oklahoma (3*, 3*, 3*).

and CU? what are we up to now? 16 or 17 or somewhere around there? :huh:
Thank for the notice.

Seriously, what is the use of this thread? Hearing how every other school in the big 12 is getting recruits and we are getting none is pointless.

Seriously, what is the use of this thread? Hearing how every other school in the big 12 is getting recruits and we are getting none is pointless.

If you find this thread useless or pointless, there's a very simple solution... don't open it. :smile:

August 27th Update:

Iowa State has landed their 7th verbal with Florida Athlete T.J. McCullough (Rivals NR, Scout NR, ESPN NR). He's a DB/WR who was also recruited by Florida Atlantic and Florida International.

I like this thread... fun to keep tabs on the other suckers in the Big12. Thanks Nik

I dont know about the rest of you guys, but I think we are behind on recruiting.

I dont know about the rest of you guys, but I think we are behind on recruiting.

We're definitely playing catch up. I'm really hoping that we're impressive against CSU and pull a couple commits off that weekend. Plus on national tv.

Then, we go to Toledo and will be on national tv again plus I would expect a couple kids in Ohio we're looking at will make it to that game. Chance we could pull a commit or 2 with that game even though it's away.

We're definitely playing catch up. I'm really hoping that we're impressive against CSU and pull a couple commits off that weekend. Plus on national tv.

Then, we go to Toledo and will be on national tv again plus I would expect a couple kids in Ohio we're looking at will make it to that game. Chance we could pull a commit or 2 with that game even though it's away.

Man these first few games are critical not only for this season, but will impact the team for the next couple of seasons.

Last edited:

This is about where Hawk typically is for this time of year. The thing that seems different to me is it appears more schools are working to get the recruits in the fold earlier.

I feel this is a trend that has been developing over the last five years. With more schools getting on board the trend has gained momentum and soon schools that don't will be on the outside looking in.

The real question in my mind is what the attrition rate will be among these early recruits. So far pretty brisk. If this ever changes and these schools start retaining most of these early verbals Hawk may have to rethink the way he recruits

4* CB Anterio Sloan has decommitted from NU.

Thanks for the heads up!

This is great news. And it sounds like he's going SEC. Nebraska won't get him back.

DB Anterio Sloan, AR (Rivals 4*, Scout 3*, ESPN 3*)

Back