What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2010 game at Hughes

Leon Sandcastle

Water covers 2/3 of the Earth, I cover the rest
Club Member
So, my wife is a very casual football fan…Big CU supporter…but a very average fan from a knowledge/current affairs standpoint. The point being that, I think she is a pretty good gauge for the “common” perspective of fans in the state. Oh, and she also has spent a fair amount of time in Fart Collins….Having several friends that went to school up there/still live up there.

Anyway, I come home yesterday and as we are catching up on our day, I say “hey, have you heard anything about the Rocky Mountain Showdown and this pissing contest that is going on between the two schools regarding where the game should be played for the next couple of years?”

Mrs Cody: “No. What’s going on with it?”

Bill: “Well, CU has to decide by Sunday morning where they will have the game next year. Much consternation and disagreement has been had over this issue between the two schools and all fans. CSU thinks it should be in Denver, obviously. But CU currently has only 5 home games next year….and only one in the first six weeks”

Mrs Cody: “Only ONE in the first six weeks? That SUCKS!!” (Wife loves going to home games)

Bill: “Yeah, I know. So Bohn decided to exercise CU’s option to have the RMS in Boulder….to give us 6 home games. Many people, especially CSU fan, is none to happy about this”

Mrs Cody: “Whatever. It’s good that we’ll have 6 home games next year”

Bill: “Yeah that’s very nice. But the CSU AD is pissed that Bohn did this. So he immediately decided to exercise his option for the 2010 game, and have it in FC. I can certainly understand why he did this”

Mrs Cody: “Really? I am surprised. But, you know what? I don’t even like the game in Denver. I think that it would be REALLY fun to go to the game in FC”

Bill: “Yeah, I agree….if we can get tickets. CU will be allotted like 5,000 tickets, at the most. So we might have to scalp some”

Mrs Cody: “That’s cool. But even if we can’t get any, it should still be on TV right? *Thinking pause* ....WAIT. Do they even have electricity and running water out at that stadium? It’s literally in the middle of F***ing nowhere…..how would they be able to run a telecast? Honey. Start looking for tickets NOW.”

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
BTW, I should add that I have a conspiracy theory on this whole home and home situation.

Does anyone think that it's possible that both AD's (CU and csu) made this stink on purpose? While CU and csu both lose $$$ by playing home and home's, the real $$$ loser is the Denver Sports Commission (or whatever the name of the Invesco controlling body is)....cause they get NOTHING out of this. This whole situation could end up adding some fan interest to the "rivalry"....and create some extra $$$ to both teams for future games held in Denver.

It could REALLY entice them (Invesco people) to sweeten the pot for future meetings in Denver

BTW, I should add that I have a conspiracy theory on this whole home and home situation.

Does anyone think that it's possible that both AD's (CU and csu) made this stink on purpose? While CU and csu both lose $$$ by playing home and home's, the real $$$ loser is the Denver Sports Commission (or whatever the name of the Invesco controlling body is)....cause they get NOTHING out of this. This whole situation could end up adding some fan interest to the "rivalry"....and create some extra $$$ to both teams for future games held in Denver.

It could REALLY entice them (Invesco people) to sweeten the pot for future meetings in Denver

sounds too tinfoil for me. but entertaining nonetheless.

This just in: Never before have I heard the term "Fart Collins," and I think I've just become an enormous fan of it. Effing brilliant.

I'm sure a lot of the players love playing in an NFL stadium, especially since most of them will never play a down in the league. But college football is meant to be played on campuses.

The recent trend of moving college games to NFL stadiums is ruining the game. When I went to the CU-CSU game in 2006 it was nice (I had never been to an NFL stadium), but the seats were too far from the field, the parking sucked, tailgating sucked and you had to leave soon thereafter and someone had to be a DD to get our asses back to Boulder. **** that.

Oh and does your wife have a single 20-something sister? She sounds ****ing awesome. :thumbsup:

I'm sure a lot of the players love playing in an NFL stadium, especially since most of them will never play a down in the league. But college football is meant to be played on campuses.

The recent trend of moving college games to NFL stadiums is ruining the game. When I went to the CU-CSU game in 2006 it was nice (I had never been to an NFL stadium), but the seats were too far from the field, the parking sucked, tailgating sucked and you had to leave soon thereafter and someone had to be a DD to get our asses back to Boulder. **** that.

Oh and does your wife have a single 20-something sister? She sounds ****ing awesome. :thumbsup:

Generally, I agree with your assessment of where games should be played. But as long as we have AT LEAST 6 home games, I think that only positives come out of us playing this game in Denver. More $$$, More guaranteed exposure, and a great venue for the players.

I really view this game being played in Denver as a "bonus". Meaning that all other priorities need to be "taken care of" in our own house before we allow it to be played in Denver.

Oh and thanks! She is awesome and does have sisters....you should only be so lucky:smile2:

Back