What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2010 is gonna be good

I also see a win over a Kansas team that loses its playmakers, Missouri is beatable as well.

Not with this coaching staff. I'm certain they're all huddled in their war-room at the Dal Ward going over ways to beat Missouri with a three man rush as we speak.

Not with this coaching staff. I'm certain they're all huddled in their war-room at the Dal Ward going over ways to beat Missouri with a three man rush as we speak.

There's no fighting in the war-room.

I´ll be happy about each and every single win, but I refuse to have any hope or expectations while this incompetent ass clown is the head coach or until I see signs of the administration having any interest whatsoever in winning more games than you lose.

I do agree that we have much better than 3-9 talent in the program. I also look at Hawk and despite the desire to give credit to other people he won a ton of games as a head coach at Boise.

That all said it hasn't happened here. It is easy to sit back and count this game as a win or that game as a win but truth be told, based on the scoreboard I have seen the past four years, no game we play can be counted as a win until the game is over and we have won, especially on the road. Losing to CSU, Montana State, Toledo, ISU, KSU, etc. has put me into a believe it when I see it. I would love to see the Buffs turn it around and turn it on next year and win 6-8 games. I think the potential is there. I also like Hawkins as a person and would like to see him succeed.

Unfortunately, it has not happened yet despite four years of opportunity and I don't believe it will happen until I see something different to convince me that things have changed.

I do agree that we have much better than 3-9 talent in the program. I also look at Hawk and despite the desire to give credit to other people he won a ton of games as a head coach at Boise.

That all said it hasn't happened here. It is easy to sit back and count this game as a win or that game as a win but truth be told, based on the scoreboard I have seen the past four years, no game we play can be counted as a win until the game is over and we have won, especially on the road. Losing to CSU, Montana State, Toledo, ISU, KSU, etc. has put me into a believe it when I see it. I would love to see the Buffs turn it around and turn it on next year and win 6-8 games. I think the potential is there. I also like Hawkins as a person and would like to see him succeed.

Unfortunately, it has not happened yet despite four years of opportunity and I don't believe it will happen until I see something different to convince me that things have changed.

agreed

The Buffs put together a very solid game vs. Miami of Ohio a few years ago. Just sayin'...

I'm not expecting any wins. It makes the disappointment easier to take.

In 2010, I'll appreciate CU football for what it is: Entertainment. It's not worth getting emotionally involved in something you have no control over. It just isn't (Wish I learned this lesson before 2009).

I hope they surprise and give us all a great football team to cheer for.

This view is where I aspire to be. Between the Barnett era off-field struggles and the Hawkins era on-field performance, being a CU football fan has lead me to develop opinions (probably uniformed or misguided) about off field issues.

I miss the days when football was what happened between the lines on a Saturday afternoon. When things are going well, a fan shouldn't have to know about the regents or reporting structure of the AD. We shouldn't have to be troubled with compaisons between B12 peer institution's budgets and business plans.

All this energy trying to will a victory with letters to the powers that be is distracting me from focusing on the players who are suiting up. And that's a shame.

Losing does bad things.

For 2010, I want to focus on my tailgaiting and enjoy the company of my football buddies. It's a buzzkill to be fussing about all the off-field BS in which I have very little, if any influence to change.

On that theme, what is the best hotel in Berkeley? It's time to make a reservation.

On that theme, what is the best hotel in Berkeley? It's time to make a reservation.

Stay at the Ritz Carlton - Half Moon Bay. I'll be staying with my Sister, who lives in the neighborhood. We can carpool to the game. :woot:

Back