What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2010 the year?

Keesy9

Although the schedule won't be too easy(never is) with the players on the CU roster now the 2010 team could be the most experienced team CU has ever had. The notable players out of eligability after 09 season are Geer, Smart, Burton, CBrown, Head, Kaynor, and maybe Mohler. The weaknesses will be in the secondary and defensive line but the coaching staff has been addressing that in recruiting this class. All 5 starting offensive lineman should return from 09 to 10.

2010 Schedule:
@CSU
@Cal
Hawaii
Georgia
@Missou
Baylor
Tech
@Oklahoma
@Kansas
Iowa State
K State
@fuskers

Depth (projected years as starter including 2010)
QB:
Hawkins Sr. (4)
Ballenger Jr.
RB:
Scott Jr. (3)
Polk Jr./So.
Sumler Sr.
Lockridge Sr.
WR:
McKnight Sr. (4)
J-Fly Sr. (3)
Celestine Sr.
Simas Jr. (hopefully 2)
Darden* So.
TE:
Deehan Jr./So. (1)
Wallace Jr./So.
Pericak Jr./So.
LT:
Solder Sr. (3)
Adkins Jr.
Givens Jr./So.
LG:
MTM Jr./So. (2-3)

C:
Daniels Jr./Iltis Jr./Stevens Sr./Transfer from UM Sr.?(2)
RG:
Bahr Jr./Givens/Behrens Jr./Iltis/Daniels (1-3)
RT:
Miller Sr. (4)
Dannewitz (Jr./So.)

LDE:
Obi Jr./Shields Jr. (2)
RDE:
Herrod Sr. (3)
DT:
Goree Jr. (2)
Cunningham Jr./So (1-2)
Lawson Sr.
SLB:
Beatty Sr. (2)
Vaiomounga Jr.
MIKE:
Sipili Sr. (1)
Katoa So.
Ahles Jr.
WLB:
Major Jr./So. (1)
Rippy Jr./So.
Hartigan Jr.
CB:
Smith Sr. (2)
Wright Jr.
JBrown Sr.
Hawkins Jr.
LSmith Jr.
FS:
Perkins Jr. (2)
Hicks Jr./So.
SS:
Mahnke Jr./So. (2)
Ewing Jr./So.

That's a nasty away schedule...Cal, Mizzou (assuming they are still good), Oklahoma, and NU. and a home game with Georgia. :wow:

But at that point, we may be the team to reckon with and it may not be so bad.

Who knows what type of talent we will be getting in the next few years as well. Should be a lot of fun.

On paper, that is a sweet looking line-up. Hopefully most of these guys live up to their hype.

I think that 2009 has a more favorable schedule, but an extra year should help these guys.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I think 2009 will be a great year. The only non-conf. game we won't be favored in is WVA in Morgantown.

In conf. we go to UT, but get KU, Mizzou, aTm and the Fuskers at Home. Mizzou will be breaking in a new QB. If we win all conf. home games and can get a couple on the road, we're looking at a minimum 9 win season. And I'm not throwing in the towel against WVA or UT yet either.

That's a nasty away schedule...Cal, Mizzou (assuming they are still good), Oklahoma, and NU. and a home game with Georgia. :wow:

But at that point, we may be the team to reckon with and it may not be so bad.

Agreed, that schedule is rough. I have always pointed at 2009 as our year. The schedule is significantly easier than this year or 2010, a couple solid recruiting classes will have experience. 2009 reminds me a lot of 2001.

Hmmm. In NCAA 2009 I got close in 2009 but didn't get in the championship game. I am in 2010 and just got into the champ game... against.... Pitt

:smile2:

Q: 2009 or 2010?
A: Both

2011 is lining up nicely, too.

Why do I feel like CU fans keep delaying our "breakout" year?

Why shouldn't they? This year we are one of the youngest teams in the nation. We have had two solid recruiting classes where previously they haven't been that good. The scheduling starts to go mor ein our favor the next couple years. By '09 and '10 we will have one of the most experienced team in the nation with the youth we have been playing the last couple years.

Why shouldn't they? This year we are one of the youngest teams in the nation. We have had two solid recruiting classes where previously they haven't been that good. The scheduling starts to go mor ein our favor the next couple years. By '09 and '10 we will have one of the most experienced team in the nation with the youth we have been playing the last couple years.

Well, I got the general feeling that people were pointing to 2009 all along, but now some are even backing off of that. Just an observation.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I think 2009 will be a great year. The only non-conf. game we won't be favored in is WVA in Morgantown.

In conf. we go to UT, but get KU, Mizzou, aTm and the Fuskers at Home. Mizzou will be breaking in a new QB. If we win all conf. home games and can get a couple on the road, we're looking at a minimum 9 win season. And I'm not throwing in the towel against WVA or UT yet either.

We WILL play in the B-12 championship in 09

09 could be but loosing 7 defensive starters without a whole lot of depth behind them raises some question marks at this time. The offense looks set for the next 3 years. But then again who in the Big 12 plays defense?

I say 2013 is going to be our big year. I hear all the guys we have yet to recruit are mostly going to be five star players, cleaning up on the Rivals Top 150 including a few Parade All Americans.

You heard it here first, but quarterbacks coach Cody Hawkins will lead the starting QB to win CU's 2nd Heisman trophy.

The offseason schedule is favorable, with home games against Minnesota and Fresno State and away games at Utah and lowly TBA (I am not sure if that is Tampa Bay Agricultural, or the Tulsa Business Academy. Either way, we will own them!!).

We also have KU, MU, NU, and aTm all at home. So just sit tight through these lean years of 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. HERE COMES 2013 National Champs BABY! :haha:

09 could be but loosing 7 defensive starters without a whole lot of depth behind them raises some question marks at this time. The offense looks set for the next 3 years. But then again who in the Big 12 plays defense?

I don't see that (defense) being a problem as the linebacking core is so, so, deep the staff won't have any problem moving 1-2 of them on the D-line with great success!

2 of those starters are Maurice Lucas and D.J. Dykes. Nuff said.

I'm really hoping for 2009 to be the year. GBL and me celebrating our 15th anniverary in Pasadena with the Buffs would be fantastic.

I'm really hoping for 2009 to be the year. GBL and me celebrating our 15th anniverary in Pasadena with the Buffs would be fantastic.

You could always join the 50 yard line club if things don't work out. Bring a blanket for that time of year. :smile2:

Back