What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Well, that sure did not take long. The sunshine-pumping has already begun. Should be a really fun offseason!

Allbuffs version 4 will be released this offseason! Lots of changes that gate and DBT will hate. Lots of changes that I think rock. That should be an exciting time.

Allbuffs version 4 will be released this offseason! Lots of changes that gate and DBT will hate. Lots of changes that I think rock. That should be an exciting time.

i guess that is about the only thing we have to look forward to :sad2:

I think it is all about money in a short-term sense. Benson and DiStefeno looked at the 3 - 6M upfront cost to buyout and replace Hawk, and balked. What I don't think they took into account is the potential loss of similar revenue (or more) over the long-term due to down ticket sales, apparel, concessions, parking, etc.

But - if Hawk comes out and rolls 3 - 1 or 4 - 0 through OOC, all will probably be forgotten for a time.

I think it is all about money in a short-term sense. Benson and DiStefeno looked at the 3 - 6M upfront cost to buyout and replace Hawk, and balked. What I don't think they took into account is the potential loss of similar revenue (or more) over the long-term due to down ticket sales, apparel, concessions, parking, etc.

But - if Hawk comes out and rolls 3 - 1 or 4 - 0 through OOC, all will probably be forgotten for a time.

I agree with you on that... Arkansas did the same with Nutt... balked initially at the cost, but once season ticket holders and donors started cancelling tickets, banners started to be flown, and the stands started to be empty during Nutt's last season, the administration got a clue... though Bohn, Distefano, and Hawk seem to have a similar relationship to Nutt, Frank Broyles, and White. Nutt was a yes man and let those two, the Chancellor and AD, basically run the program. Ironically enough, the three of them are gone now... I wonder if CU sinks low enough in football this next year that type of thing wouldn't happen here.

You think this is all about the money? That's the feeling I get, but I'm not a program insider or anything.

I've said it dozens of times and so did some others; money would be an issue on some level.

It certainly sounds like they had the funds lined up and if that was true, and I think it was, then I was wrong. I didn't think the boosters would step up and it sounds like some did. And I didn't think the University would make the money available again. In the end I think it was the politics of it all that might be a big factor. With the state cutting so much and Benson sticking his neck out so far to try and stop it firing Hawkins might be tough.

If they had $4M lined up (As was the rumor), I would hope those donors would consider putting that money towards facility upgrades :huh:

First things first, we need a new coach. I don't think Hawk will be getting it done even if we had facilities on par with the top programs in the nation.

I see us winning 2-4 games next year. There is exactly one sure win on the schedule - Hawaii. There are, however, several sure losses.

First things first, we need a new coach. I don't think Hawk will be getting it done even if we had facilities on par with the top programs in the nation.

That could be true... recruiting is the life blood of a program, and facilities definitely help with that. A coach can recruit great players, and even if he is a lousy coach, the program can still be relatively successful (Les Miles at LSU for example.) But the programs need the stud players to be able to make it happen... CU has some guys that are studs, but Hawkins tends to sit them, and looking at the overall talent that he has brought in... sad to say but easily in the lower half of the big 12, if not the bottom third, and that won't get it done.

Back