What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012-13 Colorado Basketball Game thread: ASU @ Colorado

Yep, amazing that Scott and Dre never made it to the line. They were mugged all night long

The most physical game Tad has seen, and only 2 players get fouled? In an OT game?

ASU wanted a brawl, and they found the refs willing to let it slide. Disgusting.

Tunks deserves some props after this game. He played very well, all things considering.

Tunks deserves some props after this game. He played very well, all things considering.

He played well Thursday too. I think he just saves it up each year for the stretch run. Scott could easily miss a game after being concussed. We’re going to need Tunks.

I never thought I'd take a basketball loss so hard. Sorry for going off last night. I received my deserved neg rep comeuppance. I can't even bring myself to open the paper.

The worst part about the loss are the major media articles. It's basically "ASU wins at buzzer". No mention of how absurd the refs were. No mention of Scott being called for a foul while unconscious. It's just 63-62.

He played well Thursday too. I think he just saves it up each year for the stretch run. Scott could easily miss a game after being concussed. We’re going to need Tunks.
$T2eC16JHJHIE9nysd6YLBQCRywZM6g~~60_35.JPG

"Go you crazy son of a bitch GO!"

I never thought I'd take a basketball loss so hard. Sorry for going off last night. I received my deserved neg rep comeuppance. I can't even bring myself to open the paper.

Have some bacon DBT. It will make you feel better!

photobucket-7531-1361128541308_zps0dd899c4.jpg

Where did you watch this - is this the "Bachynski play"?

I didn't see the game.
jgisland uploaded it, but here it is....

[video=youtube;awtkyI-ysIE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awtkyI-ysIE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

I woke up this morning more pissed off then last night. Cant wait for Thursday. We better come out in force.

I've avoided coming to this site the last 20 hours or so, but to see so many people blame the refs for this loss is borderline pathetic. Too many mental mistakes (Dre), bad matchups when Josh got knocked out, and there you have it. I love me some Spence and XJ, but the rest of our team just doesn't know what they're doing when push comes to shove at this point.

We're young, and this sort of thing can be chalked up to "growing pains," hopefully, but to push this onto the refs (again) is silly. Yes, we all know the pac 12 refs suck. So are we saying they're responsible for yet another loss? There were COUNTLESS times we could've put ASU away throughout the game, but for one reason or another (inexplicably leaving a 3-point shooter wide open, forgetting to box out, etc) we let them stay close. ASU did what we didn't against Arizona and came to play in the extra frame even though they easily could've packed it in.

Perhaps the most frustrating thing of all of this isn't the mistakes by our freshmen and sophomores, but the play of Dre these past few games. I used to love his hustle and intensity, but now I routinely see him making silly plays. For example, not only will he turn the ball over, but he'll foul the opponent out of frustration immediately after. Or he'll think he was fouled and STOP PLAYING once the ball goes the other way, and his man is wide open under the hoop because he simply decided to not get back on D. I love the guy and his athletic prowess, and that's probably the reason I am so frustrated with him these past two games. Hope he can snap out of it and play like we all know he's capable of.

Oh, and I need to give props to Tunks. The last two games, in his limited minutes, he's at least played with a stronger sense of confidence. If he can improve even just a bit, this helps our team immensely, especially if Josh Scott is out for a game or two...

I've avoided coming to this site the last 20 hours or so, but to see so many people blame the refs for this loss is borderline pathetic. Too many mental mistakes (Dre), bad matchups when Josh got knocked out, and there you have it. I love me some Spence and XJ, but the rest of our team just doesn't know what they're doing when push comes to shove at this point.

We're young, and this sort of thing can be chalked up to "growing pains," hopefully, but to push this onto the refs (again) is silly. Yes, we all know the pac 12 refs suck. So are we saying they're responsible for yet another loss? There were COUNTLESS times we could've put ASU away throughout the game, but for one reason or another (inexplicably leaving a 3-point shooter wide open, forgetting to box out, etc) we let them stay close. ASU did what we didn't against Arizona and came to play in the extra frame even though they easily could've packed it in.

Perhaps the most frustrating thing of all of this isn't the mistakes by our freshmen and sophomores, but the play of Dre these past few games. I used to love his hustle and intensity, but now I routinely see him making silly plays. For example, not only will he turn the ball over, but he'll foul the opponent out of frustration immediately after. Or he'll think he was fouled and STOP PLAYING once the ball goes the other way, and his man is wide open under the hoop because he simply decided to not get back on D. I love the guy and his athletic prowess, and that's probably the reason I am so frustrated with him these past two games. Hope he can snap out of it and play like we all know he's capable of.

Oh, and I need to give props to Tunks. The last two games, in his limited minutes, he's at least played with a stronger sense of confidence. If he can improve even just a bit, this helps our team immensely, especially if Josh Scott is out for a game or two...

Nobody is blaming the refs for the loss so that is a reading comprehension issue. They are blaming the refs for losing control of the game, making it dangerous for the players, and letting it deteriorate into a street brawl instead of a basketball game.

The entire game was altered when their center was allowed to knock our center out of the game with 0 repercussions. That's not chalked up to "growing pains". There's a reason why everyone was pointing out the officiating was atrocious, fans here and at the game, the coach, the announcers, because it actually was that bad.

Nobody is blaming the refs for the loss so that is a reading comprehension issue. They are blaming the refs for losing control of the game, making it dangerous for the players, and letting it deteriorate into a street brawl instead of a basketball game.

Yep.

At the end of the night, they get one stop and they win. Should have gotten a stop. That's the calling card of a Boyle team and they didn't get it done. Team showed a lot of grit, but it's a bottom line business.

However, this type of officiating is a real problem for the game of basketball. The Pac-12 needs to fix this. The type of play that was rewarded last night is not what we want to see become college basketball. It's ugly to watch and it's needlessly dangerous to play.

Well, you guys can call it what you will, it looks like pissing and moaning. do you notice how there's not one thread about substantive problems with our team? Any post-game comments here on this board are related to how our poor poor Buffs got dragged into a "street brawl" and we couldn't handle it.

Newsflash: we're in the pac-12. we're here for the long-term future. We need to figure out how to deal with the occasional ****** ref. not throw a pity party and so on.

Well, you guys can call it what you will, it looks like pissing and moaning. do you notice how there's not one thread about substantive problems with our team? Any post-game comments here on this board are related to how our poor poor Buffs got dragged into a "street brawl" and we couldn't handle it.

Newsflash: we're in the pac-12. we're here for the long-term future. We need to figure out how to deal with the occasional ****** ref. not throw a pity party and so on.

Beg to differ...
I didn't get the sense that the calls were against us. I think that it was equally bad. The point highlighted above was the most significant part. I think every person that bought a ticket to a basketball game last night should have their ticket cost refunded.

The lack of calls fromt the refs especially early in the game allowed the game to get to the point that it was nearly a brawl. (anybody else see the very frustrated Roberson squaring up face-to-face with the ASU player and shoving him two handed in the chest 2-3 times in a row... no foul there either... amazing) The league cannot condone officiating that allows the bigs to blatantly throw elbows to clear space (not just on the Scott injury play either).

The character of the game became one that clearly favored the thugish play of ASU due to the poor officiating. CU wins a basketball match-up with ASU, not a wrestling match-up.

Now, the lessons need to be learned however. CU needs to find a way to play and succeed against such tactics. We have to draw the inside fouls and get thugs out of the game early. Obviously a good use for our only big is to beat on their guys too. SHT doesn't need to be taking fouls 25 feet from the basket, he needs to be taking his fouls down low against bigs in a violent aggressive manner in a game like last night. Perhaps even putting in Mills just to give fouls. A team like ASU isn't going to hit many foul shots anyway.

Very frustrated this morning.

Memo to Josh - this is how you do it. Circle 1-25-14 on the calendar.

[video=youtube;ZHqbTnS1tww]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHqbTnS1tww[/video]

Back