What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012-13 Colorado Basketball Game thread: Colorado @ Utah

10 of 18 from the FT line, make your ****ing free throws Buffs.

Dinwiddie's last miss was a killer. If they're tied instead of down 1, he might have been more under control coming down court, and being down 3 instead of 2 on the last possession totally changed that play. All Utah had to do was defend the 3 point line...

If we split in Oregon, get a split in the Bay area and then win out at home I think we're in.
Agreed. This is a tough loss, but Utah has played lots of teams tough. I bet you we beat Oregon Thursday. Thats how we seem to always play. Have a terrible loss than win a game we are supposed to lose.

Turnovers and missed ft's, been seeing too damn much of that. They should have beat Utah by double digits, where was that D in the first half?

The effort on D in the first half wasn't close to the second. They didn't have a fg the last 10 minutes. Play like that in the first half, would have been an easy win.

The effort on D in the first half wasn't close to the second. They didn't have a fg the last 10 minutes. Play like that in the first half, would have been an easy win.

Nah, it is what Junc said. The first ten minutes of the second half were the difference.

Tad on the post game KOA show with Mark Johnson

"we're a mediocre team, on the road we may even be worse than mediocre"

Agreed. This is a tough loss, but Utah has played lots of teams tough. I bet you we beat Oregon Thursday. Thats how we seem to always play. Have a terrible loss than win a game we are supposed to lose.
Still a loss to a team with a 169 RPI

Nah, it is what Junc said. The first ten minutes of the second half were the difference.
I agree, that certainly didn't help. I just think CU is much better when they are pressing full court and pushing tempo. No matter the reasons, you flat cant lose to teams like this.

Still, it remains a young team with no upperclass leaders. Chen tries but he cannot will this team to win and Roberson doesn't seem to want to try to lead, other than by his efforts.

Next year Scott or XJ may assume the mantle, but right now there is no "in-your-face-play-well-or answer-to-me" leader on the floor in crunch time, whether crunch time is the first four minutes of the game or the first eight minutes of the second half.

What are people's thoughts on Spenc playing the 2 and Ski playing the 1? My friend has been persistent as hell about those two switching positions.

What are people's thoughts on Spenc playing the 2 and Ski playing the 1? My friend has been persistent as hell about those two switching positions.

Long term, MAYBE it could work. Short term, turnovers would go up quite a bit.

In this offense, I'm not sure it matters. Both spots are pretty interchangeable as it is.

Long term, MAYBE it could work. Short term, turnovers would go up quite a bit.

I'm having trouble seeing Ski as being able to dish the ball around, especially if he is cold. Dinwiddie's scoring would go way up though if he was at the 2.

Tad on the post game KOA show with Mark Johnson

"we're a mediocre team, on the road we may even be worse than mediocre"

Agree with the coach. Very young and zero depth. This team is mediocre. They could make a jump next season with contributions from the Freshmen and the redshirts.

How on earth do you NOT CALL A TO after crossing half court? Are you kidding me?

I don't care how competitive Utah is, we had to win. If we didn't turn the ball over like crazy and focused on free throws, this would be a top 25 team.

Tough way to lose a game. But I don't buy that it was as much of a must win as some did. We have to beat Oregon State though. And hold serve at home. Do that and we are a 20 win team... Find a way to win one conference tourney game and a 21-11 mark probably gets them dancing

Tough way to lose a game. But I don't buy that it was as much of a must win as some did. We have to beat Oregon State though. And hold serve at home. Do that and we are a 20 win team... Find a way to win one conference tourney game and a 21-11 mark probably gets them dancing

Depends how you look at "must-win". Did this one game ruin our entire season, by itself? No. They rarely do. However, did this one game take us from being in solid shape for the Dance and now make it unlikely? Yeah, it did. Losing to the 170th team in the RPI in February is a pretty massive setback. Sure, we can get one win in Oregon, win all our games at home, and win one in the Bay Area and still get in.

Last edited:

I don't know, that was a pretty big loss. We aren't out of the picture by any means, but one of the strengths of our resume was having no bad losses. That's now gone and we really need a couple of big wins to overcome that. Getting both Arizona and Oregon at home would probably qualify though.

Oh, it was definitely a big loss.. no doubt about it. I just have confidence they'll right the ship against OSU. And will be out for a bit of revenge against Zona. If we're not 6-6 after the Zona game tho, we're in deep ****

Back