What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012-13 Colorado Buffaloes vs Utah Basketball game thread

I feel like we are playing nervous.

The team felt a bit of pressure in this. Still a little scarred from the ASU game, and that kept hearing how Utah is a game they can't afford to lose. However, Utah does this to nearly everyone they play, including Arizona twice and ASU twice.

60-50 final. Buffs move to 18-8, 8-6

Go Buffs

Damn... 2 more til 20 wins. I remember when 20 seemed like an incredible season (of course I remember, it was only a few years ago :lol:). It already is starting to feel like it should be expected. Get two more wins (one of them must be the beavs) and we are in... might need at least one in Vegas also.

I'm convivced now. Ski is a liability. Its no longer a slump, or a trend. Its a pattern. Dude cant shoot. You give Chen the same type of freedom to chuck at will, and I think he puts up better stats.

I'm convivced now. Ski is a liability. Its no longer a slump, or a trend. Its a pattern. Dude cant shoot. You give Chen the same type of freedom to chuck at will, and I think he puts up better stats.

We only shot 42% as a team tonight but no Ski>Chen

We only shot 42% as a team tonight but no Ski>Chen

Ski is way more talented but right now Chen is a better player. When Ski gets the ball the offense tends to stop, Chen handling the ball and the ball moves quickly. Chen is also a much more effective defender.

Love Ski's ability but I wish he would play smarter.

Good win. This was a dangerous game and we got the job done. Great effort from Dre and a really nice job off the bench for Adams tonight. It's nice to get a win when neither Ski or Mayor were shooting particularly well.

Ski is way more talented but right now Chen is a better player. When Ski gets the ball the offense tends to stop, Chen handling the ball and the ball moves quickly. Chen is also a much more effective defender.

Love Ski's ability but I wish he would play smarter.

Chen had a better game tonight but overall Chen is not better than Ski

Ski can be so streaky - I hope he gets hot at tournament time, because he can be very dangerous

Good win. This was a dangerous game and we got the job done. Great effort from Dre and a really nice job off the bench for Adams tonight. It's nice to get a win when neither Ski or Mayor were shooting particularly well.

Yep outside of a couple lapses, Utah just doesn't get blown out. This is what they do.

Utah 60 Arizona State 55
Utah 73 Washington 64
Arizona 60 Utah 57
Arizona State 55 Utah 54 OT
Arizona 68 Utah 64
UCLA 57 Utah 53
Cal 62 Utah 57

Talton came in for Ski with three minutes to go and a five point lead and all the other starters in. Sending a message?

Roberson got his 1000th board for the Buffs tonight. Only Stephane Pelle has more and that was in four seasons.

I nearly got run over on the concourse by Nate Solder as he came out of a bathroom. I'm 6'3" and 240 and he just dwarfed me. Big dude.

Ya I heard Solder and Mark Sanchez were at the game. Anyways...

Roberson is a beast. Any time we needed a stop, you could just sense that he was going to make it.

And is SHT the worst CU basketball player in a decade? It's bad when your starting C is out and the back-up only gets 5 minutes

i wouldnt call SHT the worst player of the decade. He brings good energy on D just has stone hands. Im surprised Tad doesnt sub him in on D during the end of games when we are going against bigger lineups. The most disappointing recruit that i can remember for me was Toby Veal. A lotta hype with no production and decided to take his talents elsewhere (VCU where they upset KU and then Paine College)

edit: i realize this isnt an answer to your question after re-reading it.

Last edited:
i wouldnt call SHT the worst player of the decade. He brings good energy on D just has stone hands. Im surprised Tad doesnt sub him in on D during the end of games when we are going against bigger lineups. The most disappointing recruit that i can remember for me was Toby Veal. A lotta hype with no production and decided to take his talents elsewhere (VCU where they upset KU and then Paine College)

SHT can get out of position on D when he tries to chip a guard 35 feet from the basket. But I do agree he can hold his ground in the low post.

Last night Mile High Sports reported that there was a bit of extracurricular activity during the halftime break between the two teams. Anybody care to extrapolate on this, of course he TV mentioned nothing of it.

edit: i realize this isnt an answer to your question after re-reading it.

Washburn actually did most of his damage last night in SHT's 5 minutes. He was just way too quick for Shane.

Back