What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012-13 Colorado Women's Basketball Roster & Schedule

UCLA at 12, USC at 15. Stanford at 25, CU at 29, Washington at 30. Going to be a touch conference.

Now that we're hearing about the men's schedule, has anyone heard anything about the women's?

Now that we're hearing about the men's schedule, has anyone heard anything about the women's?
From already released schedules : CU@Denver 12/11 and Arizona: @ CU 1/20 @Tucson 2/15. So that means ASU probably @ CU 1/18 or 19 and CU @ ASU 2/16 or 17.

I remember back to when Sox Walseth was the coach then when Ceal had the Buffs being expected to be in the sweet 16 and picked for the final 4 for a stretch of years. It just seems right for Colorado women's basketball to be a team that people think of when they talk about the top schools. I'm looking forward to the program working back to that level.

I just remembered the women's schedule is opposite the men's. I'll update the original post at work tomorrow.

I just remembered the women's schedule is opposite the men's. I'll update the original post at work tomorrow.
Not true this season. I just compared the UofA men's and women's 2012-13 schedules for this coming season and the women are at Utah/Colorado on 1/18 & 20 but Utah/Colorado men are at UofA on 1/3 & 5.

I remember back to when Sox Walseth was the coach then when Ceal had the Buffs being expected to be in the sweet 16 and picked for the final 4 for a stretch of years. It just seems right for Colorado women's basketball to be a team that people think of when they talk about the top schools. I'm looking forward to the program working back to that level.

This is what I am hoping for also. It took Ceal a few years to get the team to be in the NCAA tourney year in and year out. We can hope Coach Lappe can do the same.

Not true this season. I just compared the UofA men's and women's 2012-13 schedules for this coming season and the women are at Utah/Colorado on 1/18 & 20 but Utah/Colorado men are at UofA on 1/3 & 5.

It appears you're right. That's odd.

In case you missed it, LRR mentioned we're playing Louisville and Illinois in December.

It's going to be interesting to see how the non-conference schedule plays out. Clearly last season going undefeated didn't mean much once the team it conference play. This season the Buffs will once again be young - all the freshmen and sophomores will be contributors (6 players total). This is why I am not as convinced as others that the this season's team will make the NCAA's. In theory the team should be better than the previous two, but will it be good enough to get them into the dance?

It's going to be interesting to see how the non-conference schedule plays out. Clearly last season going undefeated didn't mean much once the team it conference play. This season the Buffs will once again be young - all the freshmen and sophomores will be contributors (6 players total). This is why I am not as convinced as others that the this season's team will make the NCAA's. In theory the team should be better than the previous two, but will it be good enough to get them into the dance?

I look at what they lost versus what they added. That's a big net positive. This team should make major improvement.

I hope the pre-season games will not be a schedule of easy wins again as that did not help last year's team at all.

I agree. We are gaining more than we lost. I do worry about injuries. Have several players who couldn't train fully over the summer. Will they be ready for the season?

I too think there will be more individual talent on this season's team than the past several. At the same time, I have reservations about the team's ability to improve enough to make the NCAA tourney. In previous posts I have mentioned youth as the primary factor. There will be a total of seven sophomores/freshmen this season, most of whom will get playing time and several will be starters.

Looking at last season's statistics it's clear that there must be improvement in several areas for the team to do better in the regular season and make it to the NCAA tourney. First, they must cut down on turnovers. Last season the Buffs committed 1.8 more turnovers per game than their opponents. On top of this, opponents hit a higher % for three point range.

What the Buffs did consistently well was rebound. I would expect that to continue, especially with Jamee Swan joining the team and Chucky coming back.

Here are some other things I will be looking for to see if the team is ready for the NCAA tourney:

1) Can the team be more efficient in running its offense?

2) How quickly will the newcomers pick up playing team defense?

3) Will Megan Malcolm-Peck get her offensive mojo back?

4) Will Chucky be more vocal in leading the team?

5) How much stronger will Lexy be? She seemed to struggle with strength and conditioning. If she is stronger she could be deadly on offense.

6) What's up with the team's health? We know about one of the Wilson sisters recovering from an injury as well as Jen Reese. It seems this is why the Euro trip has been cancelled.

7) Will Jamee Swan be able to give the Buffs quality play at both ends of the court in the post?

8) What will Arielle Roberson's role be? And will she be 100% health?

I too think there will be more individual talent on this season's team than the past several. At the same time, I have reservations about the team's ability to improve enough to make the NCAA tourney. In previous posts I have mentioned youth as the primary factor. There will be a total of seven sophomores/freshmen this season, most of whom will get playing time and several will be starters.

Looking at last season's statistics it's clear that there must be improvement in several areas for the team to do better in the regular season and make it to the NCAA tourney. First, they must cut down on turnovers. Last season the Buffs committed 1.8 more turnovers per game than their opponents. On top of this, opponents hit a higher % for three point range.

What the Buffs did consistently well was rebound. I would expect that to continue, especially with Jamee Swan joining the team and Chucky coming back.

Here are some other things I will be looking for to see if the team is ready for the NCAA tourney:

1) Can the team be more efficient in running its offense?

2) How quickly will the newcomers pick up playing team defense?

3) Will Megan Malcolm-Peck get her offensive mojo back?

4) Will Chucky be more vocal in leading the team?

5) How much stronger will Lexy be? She seemed to struggle with strength and conditioning. If she is stronger she could be deadly on offense.

6) What's up with the team's health? We know about one of the Wilson sisters recovering from an injury as well as Jen Reese. It seems this is why the Euro trip has been cancelled.

7) Will Jamee Swan be able to give the Buffs quality play at both ends of the court in the post?

8) What will Arielle Roberson's role be? And will she be 100% health?

Good post. Rep.

I would add to the point that we need MMP to return to shooting the ball like she did 2 years ago. She was in a funk all season last year from 3 pt range. She's much better than that.

Megan Malcolm-Peck hit 20 of her 108 three point attempts last season. Obviously that needs to improve. She also struggled from the line going 20-44.

Overall the Buffs hit just 65.5% from the line, that too needs to improve.

That game is within driving distance for me--weather permitting. I see a road trip in my future!

Really need to hope that my niece doesn't have the family party for her kids that day or I will have to figure out my priorities. It's not often I get to see MY team within driving distance. Decisions, decisions.

Last edited:
MPP's entire game was off last season. Had they had a bench, she would have been sitting. I really hope Chucky gets more help at the point so B Wil can play her game and not try to play the point to give Chucky a break. Also hope Chucky has matured enough to control her emotions on the court. That hurt the team in at least a couple of games last season.

MPP's entire game was off last season. Had they had a bench, she would have been sitting. I really hope Chucky gets more help at the point so B Wil can play her game and not try to play the point to give Chucky a break. Also hope Chucky has matured enough to control her emotions on the court. That hurt the team in at least a couple of games last season.

I think MMP was okay on defense, but when it came to putting the ball in the basket she really struggled. Perhaps with more options this season she will be forced to produce consistently offensively or sit as there should be a lot more depth at the 3. Kresl, Sborov, Roberson and Huggins could all play there.

I agree that Chucky needs to be a little more emotionally controlled on the court. She sometimes dribbles herself into a turnover and then gets too upset.

Meagan Malcolm-Peck Stats

Minutes
PPG
3pt%
FG%
FT%
RPG
AsssistTOs
Blocks
Steals
Freshman
Sophomore
Junior

She became a smarter player with her A/T ratio from her sophomore to junior seasons. Everything was down on a per minute basis, though. And I have to think something was wrong with her. She's shown the ability to be a really good outside shooter. If MMP can give us 35% from 3pt range this year, it's going to have a huge impact. Also, she needs to get back to being as aggressive on the defensive end as she was her freshman year.

Back