What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012-13 Colorado Women's Basketball Roster & Schedule

DATE
OPPONENTLOCATION
Friday, Nov. 2WESTERN STATE (Exhibition)BOULDER
Sunday, Nov. 11IDAHOBOULDER
Sunday, Nov. 18at UMKCKansas City, Mo.
Nov. 23-24&-26th ANNUAL OMNI HOTELS CLASSIC
Friday, Nov. 23&-Auburn vs. San Diego StateBOULDER
&-TEXAS A&M-CORPUS CHRISTIBOULDER
Saturday, Nov. 24&-ConsolationBOULDER
&-ChampionshipBOULDER
Wednesday, Nov. 28WYOMINGBOULDER
Saturday, Dec. 1at IllinoisChampaign, Ill.
Wednesday, Dec. 5COLORADO STATEBOULDER
Tuesday, Dec. 11at DenverDenver, Colo.
Friday, Dec. 14LOUISVILLEBOULDER
Saturday, Dec. 22UTAH VALLEYBOULDER
Saturday, Dec. 29NEW MEXICOBOULDER
Friday, Jan. 4*STANFORDBOULDER
Sunday, Jan. 6*CALIFORNIABOULDER
Wednesday, Jan. 9*UTAHBOULDER
Saturday, Jan. 12*at UtahSalt Lake City, Utah
Friday, Jan. 18*ARIZONA STATEBOULDER
Sunday, Jan. 20*ARIZONABOULDER
Friday, Jan. 25*at CaliforniaBerkeley, Calif.
Sunday, Jan. 27*at StanfordStanford, Calif.
Friday, Feb. 1*at UCLALos Angeles, Calif.
Sunday, Feb. 3*at USCLos Angeles, Calif.
Friday, Feb. 8*OREGON STATEBOULDER
Sunday, Feb. 10*OREGONBOULDER
Friday, Feb. 15*at ArizonaTucson, Ariz.
Sunday, Feb. 17*at Arizona StateTempe, Ariz.
Friday, Feb. 22*WASHINGTON STATEBOULDER
Sunday, Feb. 24*WASHINGTONBOULDER
Friday, Mar. 1*at Oregon Eugene, Ore.
Sunday, Mar. 3*at Oregon StateCorvallis, Ore.
March 7-10Pac-12 TournamentSeattle, Wash.
March 23 & 25NCAA 1st & 2nd RoundsBOULDER
March 30-April 2NCAA RegionalsTBA
April 7 & 9NCAA Women’s Final FourNew Orleans, La.

Schedule just released on CUBuffs.com

Wow - the non-conference schedule is much tougher than in recent seasons. Props to CU for getting San Diego State and Auburn to come to the Omni Classic as well as home game games with Wyoming, CSU, Louisville and New Mexico. Only three away non-conference games at UMKC, Illinois and DU. I don't think I'd be going out on a limb to predict they won't go undefeated in this part of the schedule.

Although they start the conference portion of the schedule with 5 of 6 at home it won't be easy starting with Stanford and Cal.

Forgot to mention that this season the women's conference games will be Friday - Sunday rather than Thursday - Saturday as they were last season. Perhaps this was done so that the men and women wouldn't be in competition for TV time on the Pac 12 network?

Great to see that Wyoming is back on the schedule. I like to see the Buffs play the other local D1 teams. Maybe in the near future they will get UNC on the schedule as well.

http://www.buffzone.com/cu-news/ci_21222121/lappe-cu-buffs-ready-tougher-slate

Forgot to mention that this season the women's conference games will be Friday - Sunday rather than Thursday - Saturday as they were last season. Perhaps this was done so that the men and women wouldn't be in competition for TV time on the Pac 12 network?

Great to see that Wyoming is back on the schedule. I like to see the Buffs play the other local D1 teams. Maybe in the near future they will get UNC on the schedule as well.

http://www.buffzone.com/cu-news/ci_21222121/lappe-cu-buffs-ready-tougher-slate

I have to think that was a programming move. Smart one. Got to fill a ton of hours and having all the content stacked onto 2 days instead of spread over 4 isn't a good approach.

I'm liking the pre-conference schedule much better. While they have only three away games, two of the three, UMKC and Illinois, are within driving distance for me. That is totally exciting. Already have flight and hotel for the Omni and hope to take in a Pac 12 non conference game, like Arizona where it's nice and warm, which it will not be in Iowa that time of year.

:gobuffs:

I used to really enjoy the Friday/Sunday road trips in the old Big 8. They do work well if you can arrange your schedule accordingly. By playing in the afternoon and working a flexible schedule, I didn't have to take any time off work to go on the road.

Will also be in Boulder for Stanford/Cal. Bought Frontier tix under Colorado Day sale. Too good to pass up.

Will also be in Boulder for Stanford/Cal. Bought Frontier tix under Colorado Day sale. Too good to pass up.

That's going on through 8/6 if anyone wants to take advantage of it. One-way to Denver from a bunch of locations is under 50 bucks (or round trip for under 100 bucks).

That sale got me a good deal so I can see my team in person. Looks like I will get to see 6 games in person this year, which makes me very, very happy.

Future of the Women's Team

BDC beat writer Brian Howell is bullish on the future of the team:

http://howell.pmpblogs.com/

I don't agree with all of his projections in terms of future starters, but I do agree that CU will be a pretty darn good team a season from now.

Potential issues are a lack of depth at the point and perhaps skill/depth in the post.

Strengths will be a plethora of talented wings perhaps forwards.

I still believe this season it will be a challenge to make the NCAA tourney.

In looking at the roster on the web, I notice that last years walk-on, Esther Lee, is not listed on the roster

I don't agree with all of his projections in terms of future starters, but I do agree that CU will be a pretty darn good team a season from now.

I was surprised that Kresl wasn't starting. Who are you expecting to start Mark?

I know i was hoping to meet all of ya at the games. But i won't be able to attend any games for awhile. Found out a few weeks ago, that i have Breast Cancer. Early stage, but with chemo and other stuff, i won't be allowed to travel to Colorado. I'm hoping that i get to go to the UMKC game, and maybe see some of you guys there.

Oh God, tons of AllBuffs karma heading your way LRR. Please keep us updated.

LRR .... Sorry to hear the reason why you won't be able to be out in Boulder for WBB games for a while. But it sounds like you are in a pretty good place to beat it. I have recently been through it myself. I was diagnosed in Jan 2010 followed by surgery then chemo. The treatments are no fun but the success rates, especially when caught early as yours has, are very high. PM me anytime if you want to chat. As Goose says, tons of AllBuffs karma coming to ya.

So sorry to here this. Karma to you. I am planning on attending the UMKC game. This has to be very difficult for Ky. Hope she let's her teammates smother her with love and know that the fans are cheering for you and her.

Yes, keep us updated.

Thanks i appreciate it. Yes, her teammates and coaches, are like an extended family. Just one step at a time. Surgery next week and then chemo. But hopefully i'll get to see the UMKC game.

But enough about me, back to the subject of this thread. . . . . :)

I know i was hoping to meet all of ya at the games. But i won't be able to attend any games for awhile. Found out a few weeks ago, that i have Breast Cancer. Early stage, but with chemo and other stuff, i won't be allowed to travel to Colorado. I'm hoping that i get to go to the UMKC game, and maybe see some of you guys there.

All my best to you.

Positive thoughts and much karma.

Kick its ass!

Goose, you need to take Esther Lee off the roster as she chose to transfer to a school in California.

There is a freshman walk-on shown on the CU site.

Goose, you need to take Esther Lee off the roster as she chose to transfer to a school in California.

There is a freshman walk-on shown on the CU site.

Rep to you, and it's now updated.

Everything is now updated for the history books. Didn't end like we hoped, but a solid building year for Lappe & Co. Next year should be a fun one.

Back