What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012-13 Pac-12 Standings

The good news is this can potentially be a little boost for Big Dance seeding. We've been really close to Cal in all the bracket projects for a while. With Lunardi having the Buffs dangerously close to the bye-line, we need everything we can get. A home loss to Stanford (and frankly being dominated) is not going to do Cal any favors. Now let's take care of ****ing business tomorrow.

Padilla (same ref as the ASU game) just flat out loses control of the games. So pathetic that he is at this level.

Padilla (same ref as the ASU game) just flat out loses control of the games. So pathetic that he is at this level.

Why am I not surprised we saw this in a game being done by a member of that crew?

Washington up 54-48 on USC, 3:13 remaining. If UDub wins, they'll both be 9-8. We REALLY need to take care of business tomorrow. Although UDub plays UCLA next, and the Bruins likely got their wakeup call tonight and will be ready to play. In case anyone forgot, being tied with UW in the final standings is not an option we want, as they own the tiebreaker.

Washington gets the win over USC in Seattle. So now Washington and USC are both 9-8. In other words, CU must win tomorrow to stay ahead of Washington due to the tiebreaker, at least for now (Washington's last game is UCLA in Seattle).

It's go time, Buffs! Shoulder to Shoulder!!

There are some teams thanking us for knocking off Oregon tonight.

Ought to just call it off and say no one wins the regular season title. Every top team has screwed up recently (well, Oregon didn't screw up, they simply lost to a better team)

If Artis doesn't get hurt, you have to think Oregon easily wins the regular season title. They were playing unreal ball earlier.

If Artis doesn't get hurt, you have to think Oregon easily wins the regular season title. They were playing unreal ball earlier.

Agreed

And if Dre wasn't out last night, you'd have to think we'd have won by 60 :nod: :thumbsup:

For those heavily caught up in the CU game last night (hopefully everyone)

Utah beat Oregon State 72-61 last night, Beavs led 1-0 and then never saw the lead again. Beavs enter Boulder 13-17 (3-14). Tied for last place with Wazzu (they split the season series).

Remember, folks, that we can NOT tie with ASU or Washington. We're 10-7 with the easier game, but it's not out of the question for 9-8 Washington to beat UCLA in Seattle, or even 9-8 ASU to win at Arizona given how Zona has been playing lately (although highly unlikely). USC is also 9-8, but we have the tiebreaker.

Point being, Oregon State is a big game. Not the time to slack off, and I know we won't.

Pac-12 Men's Standings after Thursday night:

#19 Oregon12-5--23-7
#23 UCLA12-5--22-8
California12-6.520-10
#18 Arizona11-6123-6
Colorado10-7220-9
Arizona State9-8320-10
Washington9-8317-13
USC9-8314-16
Stanford9-93.518-13
Utah4-13812-17
Oregon State3-14913-17
Washington State3-14912-18

Saturday's games:

UCLA at Washington (12:00 on CBS)
Oregon at Utah (12:30 on PACN)
Arizona State at Arizona (2:30 on FSN)
Oregon State at Colorado (2:30 on PACN)
USC at Washington State (4:30 on PACN)

Assuming that the higher ranked teams hold serve on Saturday, including us beating OSU & USC beating WSU, that should leave us all alone at the 5 seed without a tie that needs to be broken. OSU & WSU would be tied for last, so the league would need to go to the two-team tie-breaking procedure:

Two-team tie

a.

Results of head-to-head competition during the regular season.

b.

Each team’s record vs. the team occupying the highest position in the final regular standings, and then continuing down through the standings
until one team gains an advantage.

When arriving at another group of tied teams while comparing records, use each team’s record against the collective tied teams as a group (prior
to that group’s own tie-breaking procedure), rather than the performance against individual tied teams.

c.

Won-lost percentage against all Division I opponents.

d.

Coin toss conducted by the Commissioner or designee.

If I'm reading that right, doesn't that put us in an opening round game with OSU? That would be by virtue of their tie with WSU, the regular season split between them and WSU having the win against UCLA. OSU's best conference win was against Washington, who would be lower seeded than UCLA. Am I making the appropriate assumptions here?

For those heavily caught up in the CU game last night (hopefully everyone)

Utah beat Oregon State 72-61 last night, Beavs led 1-0 and then never saw the lead again. Beavs enter Boulder 13-17 (3-14). Tied for last place with Wazzu (they split the season series).

Does Obama need a basketball advisor?

Doesn't the Pac-12 have a problem with the fact that only one game is readily available nationally on the last weekend of the year? I assume that CBS game isn't a regional one.

Got to thinking last night. We're 5th now and will likely end up as the fifth seed for the tourney meaning we would have that game in the opening round likely against Washington State. I was wondering if it might actually be an advantage for us to be playing this game and not get the bye. We've struggled on the road for the most part and I think a game against the bottom feeder in the PAC would be almost a nice "warm up" game. I know it's not going to be a walk in the park by any means, but I don't think it would be the worst thing in the world for us to get used to the surroundings and the venue. I used to play basketball and the background can definitely throw off a shooter. Might get us an advantage if the next team gets off to a slow start with the off-period. Obviously, you always want to avoid the extra games and not face a game that could hurt you more than help you for the NCAA tourney, but maybe it's a blessing in disguise? Just thinking out loud. Thoughts?

Got to thinking last night. We're 5th now and will likely end up as the fifth seed for the tourney meaning we would have that game in the opening round likely against Washington State. I was wondering if it might actually be an advantage for us to be playing this game and not get the bye. We've struggled on the road for the most part and I think a game against the bottom feeder in the PAC would be almost a nice "warm up" game. I know it's not going to be a walk in the park by any means, but I don't think it would be the worst thing in the world for us to get used to the surroundings and the venue. I used to play basketball and the background can definitely throw off a shooter. Might get us an advantage if the next team gets off to a slow start with the off-period. Obviously, you always want to avoid the extra games and not face a game that could hurt you more than help you for the NCAA tourney, but maybe it's a blessing in disguise? Just thinking out loud. Thoughts?

I think that applies a little bit to thursday's game. But that extra game is a negative for games on fri and sat., particularly with Dre presumably out + being a younger team.

We could still end up anywhere from 4-7 if I read it right. If we win and Az lose, we're 4. If we win and Az wins, we're 5. If we lose sat, washington and/or az state move up on us if they win.

We've struggled on the road but we haven't struggled on a neutral court

Oregon is done. Diminishes our win against them a bit but oh well. I hate them so I don't mind so much

Back