What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012 Colorado Basketball: Dayton vs Colorado Game Thread

So what happens in the tourney if we lose tomorrow?

Then we'd play the loser of Murray State/St. John's for 3rd place. All 8 teams in this tournament get 3 games, just like we did in Puerto Rico last year when we lost the first two and then beat Western Michigan for 7th place.

First let me give my congratulations to the young team toughing it out and persevering against competitive opposition.

I strongly disagree with the quoted statement. I think it gets it exactly backwards. This criticism was accurate last year when Booker lacked some patience and took some unnecessary risks trying to break the defense down. In the first two games, he has done a superb job running the offense. He has kept his head up and is looking for the pass. He is keeping the pressure on the defense with proper triple-threat technique. Dinwiddie, on the other hand, and Chen to a lesser extant, are being too passive, keeping the ball too long, not threatening anything and allowing the defense to reset.

I am rewatching the game right now, in the first 8 minutes Booker has taken 2 shots from one step inside the 3pt line after he got his defender in the air and had nobody between him and the basket. He also took an ill adivsed 3, 5 seconds into the shot clock on a 2 on 4 break. The shot he makes at the 6:13 mark from the baseline he doesn't wait for Scott to roll and for the set to develop.

A couple things I noticed after watching it again:

stalzer is everything you want in a backup PG
i really liked the rotations, there weren't really any units
Scott's left hand is filthy
booker played a lot better in the 2nd half, much more under control

It's nice when they don't play great half way across the country and they win by 10. That trip to Europe is already paying for itself.

Back