What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012 Colorado Basketball Game thread: Colorado at ASU

neg rep me if you want, but when it comes to the final couple minutes of a game...we have a coaching problem.

neg rep me if you want, but when it comes to the final couple minutes of a game...we have a coaching problem.

I agree. Boyle isn't infallible. We can't inbound the ball and look completely lost if the opponent presses.

Now, I turned that **** show off with 3 minutes left so I may have missed something, but the coaching issues lost us the game when we were up 13 early on (as Nik pointed out in another thread).

This loss pisses me off. I can understand, even in the circumstances it was under, losing to the #3 team in the country in their gym. Losing to a decent-at-best ASU team after being up 13 is the kind of **** that shouldn't happen. Not if we want to be taken seriously.

I agree. Boyle isn't infallible. We can't inbound the ball and look completely lost if the opponent presses.

Tad's offense is designed to have 3 ball handlers. This year we have 2 with Chen trying to fill the role of the 3rd guy. And then absolutely nothing off the bench. This is a personnel issue.

2010-11 we had Nate, Cory, Alec, Levi and Marcus.
2011-12 we had Nate, Carlon, Spencer and Ski
2012-13 we have Spencer and Ski

It's killing us that Adams wasn't what he was supposed to be and that neither Talton or Stalzer has stepped up.

Tad should have recruited another PG or SG (better than Stalzer or Talton at least). Losing out to Wallace hurts. He is playing pretty well for Cal so far with 6.4 pts, 5.1 rebs, and 2.6 assists/game

In honor of tonight's effort on the basketball court, I am going to also piss down my leg.

ASU really made great adjustments in the second half, and really out hustled the Buffs. Hope we can learn from these last two games and move on.

ASU really made great adjustments in the second half, and really out hustled the Buffs. Hope we can learn from these last two games and move on.
Yeah....they fouled the **** out of us knowing we wouldn't get the calls

Tad's offense is designed to have 3 ball handlers. This year we have 2 with Chen trying to fill the role of the 3rd guy. And then absolutely nothing off the bench. This is a personnel issue.

2010-11 we had Nate, Cory, Alec, Levi and Marcus.
2011-12 we had Nate, Carlon, Spencer and Ski
2012-13 we have Spencer and Ski

It's killing us that Adams wasn't what he was supposed to be and that neither Talton or Stalzer has stepped up.

Transition year and we're young. Honestly if Boyle was thinking Adams, Talton, or Stalzer were gonna be that 3rd guy this year, then what was he thinking? Even last season Adams looked like a 10-15 minutes a game type player, and from the beginning of the season both Stalzer and Talton looked like players we'd be happy with when they were upperclassman.

Gonna start sounding like a broken record, but XJ should be a starter. Bring either Chen or Ski off the bench depending on the matchups for that particular game.

Maybe this isn't as bad as we think it is. CSU lost to Boise St on the road last year and still made the tourney

We absolutely have to sweep USC and UCLA next week at home.

Lose to UCLA and we're staring 1-5 in the face. We're in trouble. Fans better pack the Keg and we better wake the **** up. Tonight is devastating. We lost to a team that will finish 8th, tops. Sickening.

Maybe this isn't as bad as we think it is. CSU lost to Boise St on the road last year and still made the tourney

The MWC is better than the Pac-12. You can get by on holding serve at home in the MWC. You can't in the Pac -- a few more **** road losses, and everything we did OOC is essentially down the drain.

Small write up from tonight's game:

Before the game we met up with a bunch of CU fans at Mad Hatter. S/O to the Phoenix alumni assoc. for setting that up. There was a pretty decent contingent of CU fans at the game (I would guess about 200 - a lot more than uofa) Met Shang as well.

Surprisingly the ASU students showed up better than any of the previous games (still not even close to the c-unit though)

The game started off so well with the Buffs coming out strong especially on the defensive end. I think BuffNik hit it on the head that Tad went to the bench way too early (UBL said that right when it happened). We had the chance to put the devils away but struggled in the last 7-8 minute of the half.

Spencer had a great game and Josh did well at the beginning. As soon as the 2nd half began it started to go downhill. Dre and Josh got blocked a few times by Bachynski and our inside game was completely lost for the rest of the game. Then our solid defense from the 1st half somehow disappeared.

Dre started losing way too many boards to Bachynski and Carrick Felix and our offense went cold for 8- 10min. Not going to blame the refs for the loss, but again the Pac--12 officiating was atrocious.

We dug too deep of a hole and there was no way to comeback in the final 4 minutes. Had a feeling that the game in Tucson was going to have hangover effect on us in Tempe and it certainly did.

This was a tough loss and certainly not one that anyone could foresee, but the Buffs still got a chance to take the Pac-12.

Last edited:
Back