What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012 Colorado Basketball Game thread: Hartford at Colorado

absinthe

Ambitious but rubbish.
Club Member
Junta Member
Tad & Co look to close the regular season out at 10-2 as the face the Hawks of Hartford this afternoon at The Coors Events Center. Hartford comes in to the game at 7-5 with a loss @ ASU by a mere 8 points. This game should give us some clues to just how much ASU has improved, or how much we can expect to win by in Tempe.

i

@

buffalo.png

As always for our out of state fans and those who can't make the Game AllBuffs Game Day Chat will be in full swing.

Looking at the Hartford schedule, results and roster, if we don't run these scrubs by at least 20 we're in for some REAL problems in conference play.

Abs- we play ASU in Tempe, not Tucson. I'd love a win in Tucson, though.

Is Chen even playing? His stat line is almost nonexistent.

Tad is subbing a lot but Chen has been very Chenlike when he is in. Playing tough defense, passing the ball, chasing loose balls, stuff that doesn't show up in stats.

Hartford players are gassed. Keep running and we will have a
Ben Mills sighting

This was almost a practice session with tickets sold. Hartford never was competitive, CU didn't have to work for much. Not meaning to say anything bad about Hartford but CU would have gotten a better challenge from Metro State. At least Metro would have played hard against them.

That trophy sucks

But it's ours.

Went to the game ... basically a scrimmage for the guys, but an impressive attendance for an OOC game against a weak opponent during winter break.

$5 for a GA ticket (with senior discount :thumbsup:) ... best bargain in Denver metro sports.

Official attendance: 10,223

It was closer to that number than in the Northern Arizona game. It looked like the General Admission sections were sold out. Just missing the students.

23 turnovers is terrible and many of them were just pure sloppiness. Gotta get that cleaned up. The time where the five bench players (minus Mills and Gamble) were all in together was AWFUL. I don't think they scored a point and turned the ball over a half dozen times. Tad sent the entire starting lineup back in.

We did what we needed to do, now let's get to conference play!

I'll admit though, I'm a little worried about depth. I really thought we'd see someone outside of The Mayor/Dre/Ski/Scott step up by now, but it hasn't happened. XJ has shown flashes but is still very inconsistent, Talton and Stalzer seem to be regressing, and SHT and Adams are, well, SHT and Adams. Any injury to that top 4 would be absolutely catastrophic to our tournament chances.

I'll admit though, I'm a little worried about depth. I really thought we'd see someone outside of The Mayor/Dre/Ski/Scott step up by now, but it hasn't happened. XJ has shown flashes but is still very inconsistent, Talton and Stalzer seem to be regressing, and SHT and Adams are, well, SHT and Adams. Any injury to that top 4 would be absolutely catastrophic to our tournament chances.

^ this...we looked really sloppy off the bench today and tad let the team know it at one of the breaks...bringing back all the starters at one time should serve notice to the bench that they are gonna need to step it up in conference play...

You know it.

Couldn't figure out some of the stupid functions on the tapatalk HD beta. I guess that's a big reason that it's free.

Not worried. Here's why. At no point during conference play will Tad roll lineups like we saw today. For instance, during one 5 minute stretch in the first half you had Stalzer, Talton, XJ, Scott, and Adams on the floor. 4 Frosh and Adams! Think about that. In bigger games Tad does a good job of intermingling bench players with starters and I expect to see him go that direction the rest of the way.

Yeah there is NOBODY that can score in our second line. That was a tough lineup to watch play together. It was about the ugliest 30 point win I've ever witnessed.

The crowd, although impressively big for a game with no students, was basically silent.

Andre Roberson was his usual beast self. Making those Hartford kids look silly. Couple steals, couple blocks. It wasn't until probably 10 minutes left in the game that the entire Hartford team had more rebounds than him.

Out rebounded them by 30.

Back