What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012 Colorado Buffaloes vs CSU Basketball Game Thread

Our FT's are a joke tonight. Clearly needs to be worked on (still). Someone please teach XJ proper basic form.

We need to buy everyone on this team the book about the art of the free throw that I read in High School. Clearly no one has read it

Certainly wasn't perfect, but I'll take it. The bounce back win we needed. HAD to get this W considering we're heading into Lawrence next.

Will post analysis shortly

18-31. They tried hard to throw away a game to the Lammies at the line for the second straight year....

Don't have the exact numbers in front of me, but most of those makes were in the first half. Was well below 50% in the second half

Bad - Shoulda put this team by doing a lot of thing better in the second half.
Good - Spencer Dinwiddie is a monster.

Last edited:
I would just like to note that the Ram fans are blaming the officials tonight.

Some claims

"CU only had 2 PF in the first half!"

"20+ bad calls, 11 FT differential"

I would just like to note that the Ram fans are blaming the officials tonight.

Some claims

"CU only had 2 PF in the first half!"

"20+ bad calls, 11 FT differential"
dio - you seriously need some help. you spend way too much time on sheepnation and it is taking its toll on you!! :lol:

dio - you seriously need some help. you spend way too much time on sheepnation and it is taking its toll on you!! :lol:

Only around when we play! I hate those sheep ****ers - but I like to see what grand delusion they've cooked up this time.

Exactly the bounce back win we needed. Wasn't the prettiest, but coming off the Wyoming game and facing a team with the style of CSU, it was never going to be. Remember, we hate CSU and belittle them, but they've improved drastically in recent years. The Rams have arguably upgraded in the coaching department with Eustachy, and they are an NCAA Tournament team again this year. Not a doubt in my mind. It was great to be up 25, but we weren't going to beat these guys by 40. I'm not excusing letting them within 3, but I most knew they were bound to make a run.

As for the Buffs:

First and foremost, let's congratulate Spencer Dinwiddie. 29 points tonight. 8/10 from the field, including 5/7 from the bonusphere. There's really not much to add for that. It speaks for itself.

Dre game to play tonight. It was almost a textbook Dre statline: 15 points, 14 rebounds.

Love what we saw out of Shane Harris Tunks tonight on offense. 7 points with some nice relief. Had some solid possessions on defense as well, although the rebounding left something to be desired. EASILY his best game in quite some time. Need him to keep this up. CSU's lineup was a good matchup for him, but he can give us this on a regular basis. I know he's got it in him. Needs to use this as a springboard.

Ski's slump continues. It will end soon. In fact, I'm ready to say he's going to come out and have a nice game at KU on Saturday. It's time, these shooters slumps often last a few games. He's due to snap out of it.

Saw some flashes from XJ and Scott, but we're not quite there yet. A breakout will occur.

Team issues:

CSU is a good rebounding team, but losing the battle on the boards 39-27 is disappointing. 12 boards? With that stat line, it takes you back 2-3 years to when boards were hard to come by. Scott has to give us more than 3 rebounds. He's not going to give us Dre's numbers on the boards, ever, but we need more than 3 out of him. SHT, despite a solid game in most respects, only gave us 1 rebound. Have to have him give us more than 1. Dre can't get every rebound on his own (I know sometimes it seems like it), but we end up getting out-rebounded by a dozen.

Free throws reared their ugly head again tonight, especially in the second half. The frustrating part with Dre is that it simply comes down to focus, IMO. XJ needs some serious work, IMO. And Ski, whether in a slump or not, there's no excuse for a 6ft guard to go 1/5 from the line. None. You see plenty of guys in shooting slumps who get points from the line. Overall, we were 18/31 (58.1%), but in the second half, it must have been high 30's. It goes without saying that to have any chance at KU, you can't shoot yourself in the foot like that.

This is another scalp we'll be thankful for in March. I'll take it. Go Buffs, beat KU

They have us losing almost every single road game in conference game. Oh well, I don't buy that

They're spot on in nearly every CU game this year other than the Baylor game (and picking us to do better against Texas Southern in terms of margin). We're not a very good road team until proven otherwise -- Wyo showed us that. We'll take care of the doormats of the Pac on the road, but there's nothing that suggests to this point that we're at the level right now where we're not going to lose a bunch on the road to the mediocre and good teams of the conference. Saturday's game at KU can certainly change that perception. KU has been shaky at times, including only a narrow 5 point win over Oregon State in Kansas City. Let's see how we hold up in another hostile environment. RealTimeRPI changes game by game. Compete at KU and you'll see some more predicted road wins.

Overall, they have us winning 21 regular season games (at least they did when I last checked). I have a hard time arguing with that.

Last edited:
I think CSU started 5 seniors tonight. Gonna be some rebuilding going on next year.

I think CSU started 5 seniors tonight. Gonna be some rebuilding going on next year.

Yeah - I just checked it out.

They graduate a whopping 6 guys, and the current roster will be left with 1 forward, 1 center and the rest guards. No idea what the recent and ongoing recruiting classes look like.

He certainly walked in on a nice situation. Pretty crucial for CSU to make the Dance this year (they will -- they'll hold home court enough in the MWC to get some nice scalps over some New Mexico's or SDSU's) in order to give him some momentum for recruiting moving forward. That said, I have little doubt that Eustachy will have CSU playing pretty good basketball and making appearances in the Big Dance (not every year or anything like that, but they'll get in every few years). He walked into a situation at Southern Miss where there was literally zero support for basketball, zero tradition. Attendance was nothing. Eustachy's office was a trailer (no joke). And he left winning 25 games and making the Dance. Also won at Idaho and Utah State in the past, before moving on to Iowa State where he kicked ass his first couple years before they fell off a bit (likely connected to his habit of letting the ISU charter go home without him while he partied at Big XII campuses).

Just got home from the Spencer Dinwiddie show and judging by the traffic here it looks like there were a lot AB'ers at the game. Again, great turnout tonight, and CSU continues to amaze me with just how poorly they travel. I have no idea how they can't get more than a few hundred fans to drive an hour for a game of this magnitude.

Anyway, not much to add to cville's comments, but after Eli bounced the pass off of Talton's back and we got bailed out by the TO, SHT was the one to pull Xavier aside on the bench and talk to him. It was good to see that leadership. FT shooting was atrocious and that is going to hurt us badly, especially on the road, if it doesn't improve. Overall though, a great game and a great win!

One other note- it sounds like they had to stop letting students in, as they'd reached capacity. A few more showings like that and it should really give legs to the keg expansion talk.

Just got home from the Spencer Dinwiddie show and judging by the traffic here it looks like there were a lot AB'ers at the game. Again, great turnout tonight, and CSU continues to amaze me with just how poorly they travel. I have no idea how they can't get more than a few hundred fans to drive an hour for a game of this magnitude.

Anyway, not much to add to cville's comments, but after Eli bounced the pass off of Talton's back and we got bailed out by the TO, SHT was the one to pull Xavier aside on the bench and talk to him. It was good to see that leadership. FT shooting was atrocious and that is going to hurt us badly, especially on the road, if it doesn't improve. Overall though, a great game and a great win!

That is great to hear. Really hope SHT is able to build on this game tonight.

And in regards to CSU, forgive me if you heard this already, but they gave CU back 60% of the tickets that we had to allot them for the game.

One other note- it sounds like they had to stop letting students in, as they'd reached capacity. A few more showings like that and it should really give legs to the keg expansion talk.

I don't even want to talk expansion until we raise the price of tickets by at least 50%.

That is great to hear. Really hope SHT is able to build on this game tonight.

And in regards to CSU, forgive me if you heard this already, but they gave CU back 60% of the tickets that we had to allot them for the game.

Also of note was whatever it was that was thrown on the court while Ski was shooting free throws came right from the center of the CSU contingent.

Also of note was whatever it was that was thrown on the court while Ski was shooting free throws came right from the center of the CSU contingent.

Ya the dude who chucked it was about 15ft from me. Every Buff supporter in the area ****ing heckled the **** out of him and he ran away like a little bitch.

Last edited:
Fun game and Dinwiddie definitely backed up his trash talk. There were a couple CSU fans behind us that actually seemed offended by his comments before the game. As we are leaving, I heard one of them say, "Dinwiddie got pretty lucky tonight."

Back