What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012 Colorado Buffaloes vs Northern Arizona Basketball game thread

Five players in Double digits. Love it.

Boom. Beau Gamble.

Very happy about tonight's performance.

Committed to setting up teammates - 24 assists.

Ski got his mojo back and set the tone early.

Mayor had a ridiculous stat line for 16 minutes of game time. iirc, 15 pts, 5 asts, 6 rebs, 4 stls.

XJ found his shot with 17 pts off the bench.

This was exactly what we needed.

We definitely needed a game like that, and the student section was more full than I thought it would be. Also glad they brought out Coach MikeMac to say hello.

Very happy about tonight's performance.

Committed to setting up teammates - 24 assists.

Ski got his mojo back and set the tone early.

Mayor had a ridiculous stat line for 16 minutes of game time. iirc, 15 pts, 5 asts, 6 rebs, 4 stls.

XJ found his shot with 17 pts off the bench.

This was exactly what we needed.

Hoping we see more of the same in the next game for our final tune up. Would be nice to go in there and be able to battle Zona in tucson.

Love the performance, but it is what it is. Certainly great to see Ski back in form. XJ showing what he's going to start doing consistently, great other bench production with Adams chipping in 8, etc. However, it was a Big Sky team playing their 3rd game in 5 nights versus our well rested and prepared Buffs. This is how it should be. It was the slaughter on the boards we thought it would be. 42-21 edge for the Buffs.

HOWEVER, yet again, we shot free throws like absolute ****. 7/15. 46.7%. We're heading full steam ahead into conference play and it's going to cost us big time. A potential 13-5 record may very well turn into 10-8 because of this. I really don't think this is something we just continue to shrug off and say "oh, it'll work itself out". It obviously isn't just "working itself out".

FT shooting has been awful this year, but when you look at the numbers individually, Roberson and XJ are really dragging the team percentage down. XJ actually looked better at the line to me tonight, but I've resigned myself to the fact that Dre is just an awful FT shooter. He looks like he's throwing a chest pass up there, with both hands turning out, and he finishes at his chest. It's ugly.

The one player I've been really disappointed with at the line this year, though, is Ski. He went from a 76% shooter last year to 62% this year. That's unacceptable and seems to be a focus issue to me. He really needs to get his **** together, because he'll have the ball in his hands a lot at the end of games.

Just to expand on the FT issue, if you take Dre, Booker, and Ski out of the equation, the rest of the team is shooting 123/163, or 75.5%, from the line. Unfortunately, those three are a combined 59 of 111 (53%) from the line. When they're #3-5 on the team in FTA, an improvement from even one of them will significantly impact the team percentage.

On the plus side, according to a tweet from Plati the 66.7% shooting percentage tonight is the best the Buffs have done in 23 seasons.

Good work everyone with the attendance.

Thorburn reported 10,034 tonight. That's a great showing over break against a non-marquee opponent.

Thorburn reported 10,034 tonight. That's a great showing over break against a non-marquee opponent.

Yep, extremely impressive. Our fans deserve far more credit than we get (for both sports). The vast majority of our conference can't draw 6k for a game like this.

No way there were that many people there. The student section was 1/3 full and I'd guess the rest of the arena was 70% of capacity. Still, good for a game when the students are gone and a few days before Christmas against a bad team.

There was a time in the first half when our shooting percentage from the floor was around 75% and from the free throw line was 0% on at least five attempts.

Last edited:
To be fair, neither could we three years ago.

Point taken, I spent many a lonely night in the Keg. However, the point that we've got one of the best fan bases in the Pac-12 still stands (and we weren't in this conference 3 years ago). The momentum is simply there for basketball at CU. It will never revert back to what it was 5 years ago, even in relative down years in the future, as we've created a lasting interest/fan base over the past few seasons.

Last edited:
Just to expand on the FT issue, if you take Dre, Booker, and Ski out of the equation, the rest of the team is shooting 123/163, or 75.5%, from the line. Unfortunately, those three are a combined 59 of 111 (53%) from the line. When they're #3-5 on the team in FTA, an improvement from even one of them will significantly impact the team percentage.

My brain is not working properly, I can't think of who you meant to add instead of listing booker twice. Was it XJ?

My brain is not working properly, I can't think of who you meant to add instead of listing booker twice. Was it XJ?

Yes, XJ, sorry. That trio has been awful this year, while the rest of the team has actually been fairly solid overall, led by Scott and The Mayor.

Back