What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012 Colorado Buffaloes vs USC Basketball game thread

Are flu shots like a big secret or something? Well worth paying $5-10 bucks at Target, Wallgreens, CVS, Walmart and simply not having to worry about the flu. I haven't had to worry about the flu since Kindergarten, not to be a dick.

You give a flu shot to a walk on and the next thing you know we lose 2 scholarships.

You give a flu shot to a walk on and the next thing you know we lose 2 scholarships.

Wasn't implying "team flu shots". Just more along the lines of the flu hitting the country hard right now, and friendly suggestions to Allbuffers to simply go to Target, pay $10, and not have to worry about puking and ****ting their brains out. But hey, if athletes want to pay that out of their own pocket, I'm all for it. A home loss to USC tonight, or a loss to UCLA on Saturday if things got worse with the flu, would be devastating, especially when it's something preventable.

...In fact, doesn't CU give out free flu shots at Wardenburg? I could swear they did when I was at CU.

Last edited:
i didnt see it posted in the thread... but dre didnt start and sat for the first 4 min due to being late to a team meeting

Wasn't implying "team flu shots". Just more along the lines of the flu hitting the country hard right now, and friendly suggestions to Allbuffers to simply go to Target, pay $10, and not have to worry about puking and ****ting their brains out. But hey, if athletes want to pay that out of their own pocket, I'm all for it. A home loss to USC tonight, or a loss to UCLA on Saturday if things got worse with the flu, would be devastating, especially when it's something preventable.

...In fact, doesn't CU give out free flu shots at Wardenburg? I could swear they did when I was at CU.

Yeah it was a crappy joke based on granolagate.

Are flu shots like a big secret or something? Well worth paying $5-10 bucks at Target, Wallgreens, CVS, Walmart and simply not having to worry about the flu. I haven't had to worry about the flu since Kindergarten, not to be a dick.
I'd imagine they got flu shots. The term "flu" gets thrown around a little loosely.

Late to this discussion, but that was possibly the worst basketball game I've ever personally witnessed. It was brutal.

Blowing these leads is clearly the sign of a young team, with few options off the bench. Gotta find some help for the starters, and the guys need to start showing some maturity to go along with their energy and spark
I wish I could agree, but I think its more than that. These are the exact same issues we had last year, but we managed to hang on to those games last year, so it didn't get as much attention. For all the positives Tad brings, he really needs to do a better job of keeping the foot on the gas deeper into games and preparing the team for the late-game pressure. A little FT practice wouldn't hurt either. Everything is correctable, but it needs to happen FAST.

Best moment of the game? When Simba got outboxed for a rebound by their big oafy dude and Simba just two arm pushes him out of bounds for no reason.

That was just an awful game to watch last night. Just awful. I know it's all been said, but why do we jump, pass, turnover in the last four minutes of a game in which we have a lead?

Best moment of the game? When Simba got outboxed for a rebound by their big oafy dude and Simba just two arm pushes him out of bounds for no reason.

Snow had the quote of the game last night when he declared that Simba had regressed so far, he wasn't even Baby Simba anymore. He was now just Pride Rock.

Snow had the quote of the game last night when he declared that Simba had regressed so far, he wasn't even Baby Simba anymore. He was now just Pride Rock.

Simba and Rachel Hargis need to get together. They'd be perfect for each other.

Simba should have had a decent game. That's exactly the kind of team he should do well against. Instead, he was little more than a traffic cone. Painful to watch him play yesterday. But he wasn't alone. The whole team, save for Sabatino, played as if they would rather be getting a root canal.

I put my Buff thoughts in the other thread, but I just wanted to say I was impressed with Dedmon for USC. Apparently he only started playing at 17, had a psycho mother who wouldn't let him play sports. Pretty pure jumper for a 7 footer who's been playing for 3 years or so.

Back