What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012 Fulmer Cup

Man, it's gonna be hard for anybody to catch TCU at this point.

I can think of two schools in the great state of Alabama that will take it as a personal challenge if their players ever hear you utter such nonsense.

I can think of two schools in the great state of Alabama that will take it as a personal challenge if their players ever hear you utter such nonsense.

Actually, the school to watch for Alabama is North Alabama. Technically they are Division II, but they take most players no questions asked.

In football?
Yup.

The Sun Devils are no newcomer to controversy, the biggest being the 1994 point-shaving scandal involving star guard, Stevin “Headake” Smith. Found guilty of a total of nine major infractions, Arizona State ranks at the top of the NCAA violators list.
The school's most recent blunder came from within the baseball program. In December 2010, the NCAA placed the university on three-years of probation and a one-year postseason ban. The Sun Devils were also forced to vacate any contests won during the 2007 season.
What did they do? The NCAA determined that the Sun Devils had used an impermissible recruiter and also made excessive telephone calls. However, the biggest gaffe was when the NCAA discovered its student-athletes had been receiving money for work that had not been performed. Arizona State had previous run-ins with the NCAA for providing athletes with extra benefits in 2005, 1997 and 1988.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ycn-7965352

In football?
Yup.

The Sun Devils are no newcomer to controversy, the biggest being the 1994 point-shaving scandal involving star guard, Stevin “Headake” Smith. Found guilty of a total of nine major infractions, Arizona State ranks at the top of the NCAA violators list.
The school's most recent blunder came from within the baseball program. In December 2010, the NCAA placed the university on three-years of probation and a one-year postseason ban. The Sun Devils were also forced to vacate any contests won during the 2007 season.
What did they do? The NCAA determined that the Sun Devils had used an impermissible recruiter and also made excessive telephone calls. However, the biggest gaffe was when the NCAA discovered its student-athletes had been receiving money for work that had not been performed. Arizona State had previous run-ins with the NCAA for providing athletes with extra benefits in 2005, 1997 and 1988.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ycn-7965352

Watch for the Ducks to make a late run at the championship. Although with DT and Cliff being the main pot smokers I am not sure who will step up and take their place.

Capri and Orakpo are pretty bug players for them right?

Well, maybe there was an error in judgment following the dudes, but they had kicked out their tailight. It doesn't sound as though the players had the knives. On the surface this doesn't sound like a big deal.

Well, maybe there was an error in judgment following the dudes, but they had kicked out their tailight. It doesn't sound as though the players had the knives. On the surface this doesn't sound like a big deal.
Yep. Good the injuries were minor.

I know this is just speculation but there had to have been more than 1 knife if all 3 players had injuries (esp since they are all large football players). Also, the wrist and thumb injuries sustained by Capi/Orakpo are prototypical wounds while holding/stabbing. Just speculation on my part tho

I think you're right with this Wally. The only wrinkle I've read is that the the player drove after and caught up with the other party - and that is when the assault happened. Nothing would have happened if they wouldn't have chased those guys down.

Interesting that there is no Denver Post article on it :lol:

I think you're right with this Wally. The only wrinkle I've read is that the the player drove after and caught up with the other party - and that is when the assault happened. Nothing would have happened if they wouldn't have chased those guys down.

Interesting that there is no Denver Post article on it :lol:

There really seems to be something to this Denver Post thing. It would be an interesting project to compile police reports and subsequent articles between the two schools.

Obviously Coach Mac is gonna be pissed that they followed the dudes. They were looking for a fight and they got one; but frankly, it's pretty tough not to follow someone after they've kicked in your tailight.

Back