What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012 Kansas basketball preview

RSSBot

News Junkie
I'm quick to tell the story of my freshman year, when a determined CU squad nipped the #6 Kansas Jayhawks at the CEC 60-59 (somewhere, Kirk Hinrich is still missing layups). The quote from Stephane Pelle was apt,*"We hadn't beaten Kansas in something like 11 years and 11 months. To do what people say is impossible is great."* The fans rushed, the Jayhawk horde that had invaded the CEC filed out in silence, and I cried while playing the alma mater.** It was a good night.
Michel Morandais and the '02-'03 did what was long-thought impossible.* From: ESPN
Of course, the sad continuation of that story is that CU has yet to duplicate that feat in the subsequent near-decade.* By tip off Saturday, it will have been nine years, 10 1/2 months since that win, with CU going 0-18 against Kansas over that period.* Bagging Kansas has become the unobtainable, the picture of Big Foot, the winning lottery combination.* The impossible.

I would never go so far as to say that CU and KU are rivals.* For almost the entirety of their existence they've excelled at different things.* But, just like how CU looked to Nebraska in the '80s for their pursuit of respectability, I've always looked at KU as the gold standard for where I'd like to see CU hoops end up.* From that perspective, there's nothing I want more than a win over those guys.* It keeps me awake at night, it's what drove me to start writing this blog in the first place.

And that's why I was so excited when this home-and-home series was announced.* I just want one more win over the Jayhawks.* Just one more.* I don't care if it comes this year in Lawrence, or next year in Boulder.* I just can't stand that series to end on a 0-18 note.

Pretty please, with gumdrops and sugar?

--

That place... is strong with the dark side of the Force. A domain of evil it is. In you must go.*

After all those years seething at the numbers of KU fans invading the CEC each winter, I'm finally able to return the favor.* That's right, this afternoon I'm hopping in the car, and high-tailing it eastwards.* I'm chasing the dragon of a CU win over Kansas all the way to Lawrence.*

I must have lost my mind, because the Buffs haven't pulled the road shocker in the Sunflower State since 1983, over a year before I was born.* That win is so ancient and forgotten that CUBuffs.com doesn't even have it on the '83 schedule.* (BTW, the Buffs also beat Duke that year.* The '80s were weird). Yet, here I go, ready to drive into the home of the invader.

Making history won't be easy.* Kansas doesn't get their reputation for nothing, afterall.* KU hasn't lost a true home game since UT cruised past them in 2010, and hasn't lost to a visiting non-conference opponent since Oral Roberts, of all schools, shocked them in 2006.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that they're due for a shakeup...
Tip-off from historic Phog Allen Fieldhouse is set for high noon MT.* Coverage is set for ESPN2, with Mark Johnson and the radio broadcast set for 850 KOA.

Click below for the preview...

Read more »
8030839680057503187-1722035039638112055

zpl7EAsMi1c

I'm quick to tell the story of my freshman year, when a determined CU squad nipped the #6 Kansas Jayhawks at the CEC 60-59 (somewhere, Kirk Hinrich is still missing layups). The quote from Stephane Pelle was apt,*"We hadn't beaten Kansas in something like 11 years and 11 months. To do what people say is impossible is great."* The fans rushed, the Jayhawk horde that had invaded the CEC filed out in silence, and I cried while playing the alma mater.** It was a good night.
Michel Morandais and the '02-'03 did what was long-thought impossible.* From: ESPN
Of course, the sad continuation of that story is that CU has yet to duplicate that feat in the subsequent near-decade.* By tip off Saturday, it will have been nine years, 10 1/2 months since that win, with CU going 0-18 against Kansas over that period.* Bagging Kansas has become the unobtainable, the picture of Big Foot, the winning lottery combination.* The impossible.

I would never go so far as to say that CU and KU are rivals.* For almost the entirety of their existence they've excelled at different things.* But, just like how CU looked to Nebraska in the '80s for their pursuit of respectability, I've always looked at KU as the gold standard for where I'd like to see CU hoops end up.* From that perspective, there's nothing I want more than a win over those guys.* It keeps me awake at night, it's what drove me to start writing this blog in the first place.

And that's why I was so excited when this home-and-home series was announced.* I just want one more win over the Jayhawks.* Just one more.* I don't care if it comes this year in Lawrence, or next year in Boulder.* I just can't stand that series to end on a 0-18 note.

Pretty please, with gumdrops and sugar?

--

That place... is strong with the dark side of the Force. A domain of evil it is. In you must go.*

After all those years seething at the numbers of KU fans invading the CEC each winter, I'm finally able to return the favor.* That's right, this afternoon I'm hopping in the car, and high-tailing it eastwards.* I'm chasing the dragon of a CU win over Kansas all the way to Lawrence.*

I must have lost my mind, because the Buffs haven't pulled the road shocker in the Sunflower State since 1983, over a year before I was born.* That win is so ancient and forgotten that CUBuffs.com doesn't even have it on the '83 schedule.* (BTW, the Buffs also beat Duke that year.* The '80s were weird). Yet, here I go, ready to drive into the home of the invader.

Making history won't be easy.* Kansas doesn't get their reputation for nothing, afterall.* KU hasn't lost a true home game since UT cruised past them in 2010, and hasn't lost to a visiting non-conference opponent since Oral Roberts, of all schools, shocked them in 2006.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that they're due for a shakeup...
Tip-off from historic Phog Allen Fieldhouse is set for high noon MT.* Coverage is set for ESPN2, with Mark Johnson and the radio broadcast set for 850 KOA.

Click below for the preview...

Read more »
8030839680057503187-1722035039638112055

zpl7EAsMi1c

Originally posted by The Rumblings of a Deranged Buffalo
Click here to view the article.

Back