What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012 Offensive Line

Depending on harris and other guys like kelley etc..could asiata possibly move to tackle or is he cemented at guard?

Asiata is a guard. Bakhtiari would move back to the outside before we would try Asiata there.

I don't think people appreciate how good Lewis looked last year. He just didn't have the weight to hold up at tackle. It should be no problem to get to the 285 or so that Bakhtiari played at.

Asiata is a guard. Bakhtiari would move back to the outside before we would try Asiata there.

I don't think people appreciate how good Lewis looked last year. He just didn't have the weight to hold up at tackle. It should be no problem to get to the 285 or so that Bakhtiari played at.

yeah maybe. I still think moving Bak to guard is risky. I don't care what offense you are running, I rather have my better offensive linemen at Tackle than guard.

yeah maybe. I still think moving Bak to guard is risky. I don't care what offense you are running, I rather have my better offensive linemen at Tackle than guard.

It is risky. But it does make sense for two reasons.

1. Bakhtiari's future is at guard. He can be a very good tackle. He can be an all-american guard.
2. Much of our offense depends on our guards being able to pull, get out on screens, and get to the 2nd level on some of our blocking schemes. Bakhtiari is a game changer for us by having him in there.

As much as I agree with you about wanting our best OL at tackle (or center, imo), I'm also a big believer in starting our 5 best OLs. Lewis isn't a guard and he's a better lineman than all of the guards we have returning next year.

It is risky. But it does make sense for two reasons.

1. Bakhtiari's future is at guard. He can be a very good tackle. He can be an all-american guard.
2. Much of our offense depends on our guards being able to pull, get out on screens, and get to the 2nd level on some of our blocking schemes. Bakhtiari is a game changer for us by having him in there.

As much as I agree with you about wanting our best OL at tackle (or center, imo), I'm also a big believer in starting our 5 best OLs. Lewis isn't a guard and he's a better lineman than all of the guards we have returning next year.

Possible. If Bak can pull I can see why he would be a better fit in the offense with the running game. I'm keeping an open mind on it. If it gets the best OL on the field than its probably the best move.

Asiata and Munyer look to have a big battle looming at RG if Bak is at LG

Conventional wisdom is your best O-linemen play at tackle because they have to be able to handle both the bull rush and be able to protect against speed to the outside. Also DE's tend to be better athletes than DTs who are usually bigger but slower and less mobile.

The impression I get from hearing Embree talk and from seeing some of what he tried to do last year however is that he wants to run a scheme that forces the interior of the defense to move and take advantage of the reduced mobility. Shanahan did this for years in the NFL and Embree looks to copy a lot of what he learned from Shanny.

For this system you need guards who have excellent technique and mobility. The perfect example of this with Shanny was what he did with Schlereth on the Broncos. Bak could very well be this guy, the key to making the whole running game work.

The still have to protect the edges to have an effective mid to long passing game so if the other guys they have at tackles can't handle this they may have no choice but to use Bak outside but if they find their tackles I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Bak as an AA at guard.

So when you posted the grades, you should've mentioned that those were the highest grades received for any one game by the player, and not a grade for the whole season as your post inferred. Big difference.

I didn't post the initial grades, I just found them, and rather than retyping everything to correct the initial post, I thought it would be easier for everyone to see the results.

I find it a little interesting that they have Adkins grading out at 85 for the season and Bahktiari grading out at 84.4, and Miller at 83.3. They also only have 4 penalties listed for Adkins. It seemed like he had 4 penalties in the Utah game alone.

The Buffs gave up 31 sacks this year, with only 16 being credited to the O-line, which means TE, RB and QB were responsible for 15 sacks this past year.

After looking at all the numbers it does appear that Dannewitz was the weak link on the O-line giving up 10 penalties, 5 sacks, and 3 QB pressures.

Bahk is a guard, he was just our best option at tackle this year. I could give a damn about grades, my eyes work somewhat.

I believe Dannewitz led the Oline in penalties and I wouldn't be surprised if he led in sacks allowed as well.
We have got to better than him next year.

I still believe that Dannewitz has the talent to be a top OT at this level. Unfortunately he hasn't converted talent into production and the Hawkins regeim had a history of not developing players.

If Dannewitz is not substantially better next year than he was this year then we need somebody else out there because he will be a liability and the weak spot on the OL. If he can step it up and work and develop to his potential then he can be a solid member of the line. At this point I am not going to write him off but it is all on him to be a different player on the field or on the coaches to put somebody out there instead of him.

Lewis showed promise but our entire OL needs to beef up. I 'm hearing power running game and if so, better get these boys up to wisconsin size. 285 tackle needs to be 315.

60% of the time our OL works all of the time.
images

It's made from real panther. So you know it's good.

All I got is:

bigbang = Adkins?

Thus, does that mean we can't make fun of him anymore?

They should just give 1 grade out to the whole OL. No reason to single out one player, unless it's perhaps LT.

Our OL would have flunked this year as a unit.

Adkins = false start machine. Nothing against the guy, he's a fellow buffalo but he wasn't very good.

Back