What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012 Pre-Europe Camp Notes

One thing we haven't talked enough about is how big of an impact a road trip like this has on developing a close knit group off the court. One of the things we directly observed last year watching the guys interact is that they genuinely enjoyed being around each other. Some of the cliques and personality conflicts we saw in 2010-11 weren't evident in 2011-12. There was a sense of togetherness that's pretty rare and teams that exceed expectations have that. If we can develop it for 2012-13, this will be another special season.

I thought that was Wes Gordon (as tall as 'Dre).

You may be right. Hard to tell on my monitor. It also appears someone has their head down like they're looking at the ground back there too, so that could be XJ.

You may be right. Hard to tell on my monitor. It also appears someone has their head down like they're looking at the ground back there too, so that could be XJ.

I was thinking that too, I just got paranoid when I couldn't pick him out.

Thanks for the info, and good luck to your Cavs this year.

Also, regarding another opponent we'll be playing, Gembo in Antwerp, they beat UVA 102-97. This is going to be some excellent competition for us. To put it in perspective, UVA is kinda similar to us in that they are young but have lots of very solid young talent can could easily be making the Big Dance this year. We are going to be facing some strong competition for the most part on this trip and it will pay dividends.

380469_421457184564370_292166540_n.jpg

I hope they made a bee-line to the Mona Lisa once they got in. It gets pretty crowded around her pretty quickly after the museum opens. After the Louvre, they really should head across the street to the Dorsay. Whistlers Mother is over there. It's a fantastic art museum.

The Airport was filled with laughs and giggles as Coach T was finding it easy to make fun of everyone..(He was calling Shane “NO DUNKS TUNKS.” LOL. It’s all good because we know Shane is capable of putting down two handed slams, but I think he prefers lay ups??? Haha just kidding.
awesome

Beau Gamble

Good afternoon to all of those back home. I’ll get right to the results of the game. We lost by 13 to a pretty solid but very beatable team. We play them again tomorrow night, so we will adjust. They were lead by their point guard and big man. Kyle Seripine (Sp) was an absolute monster and hopefully an inspiration for some of our big men to work even harder in the weight room. He was blocking shots and making strong post moves all game. Their PG was splitting screens and was getting into the lane pretty easily. Other than that, the squad we played hit open 3’s and played basketball the right way.
Looking at us… Dre had 20 boards which is always awesome! Skii sparked us of the bench to light up the scoreboard with around 12-16 pts. I don’t have a box score so I’m not exactly sure. XJ and Josh showed flashes of brilliance as they opened up their freshman campaign. Spencer struggled to find his shot, but he did a great job controlling the tempo of the game and running the show. Sab played lots of minutes getting his first start as a buff, he hit a nice 3 at the end of the first half that came of a great pass from Gamble :)..lol X Talton, C Jenks, and Eli all played a lot of minutes and had their moments. My fellow walk on Kevin Nelson played a few minutes and was 2-2 with 2 layups! Go Walk ons! Once I get a box score of some type, I’ll be able to elaborate a bit more. Hope you all are enjoying my blog. Good night buff nation. I’ll be back tomorrow. PS— the refs were not in our favor at all!

I'm shocked -- SHOCKED -- to hear that international refs were unkind.

I'm shocked -- SHOCKED -- to hear that international refs were unkind.

In their game two nights ago against UVA the refs literally gave the French a basket that they didnt score near the end of the game. Wasn't goaltending or anything like that, they just gave the French 2 pts lol...

Back