What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012 Season scedule breakdown

RSSBot

News Junkie
Some dude thinks CU is the worst team in BCS football. *('Cause, you know, I always go to a cigar magazine for my football analysis.) *Apparently, Mr Sheridan was too busy being a singer/song-writer to check out how easy CU's schedule is. *What's that... different Danny Sheridan, you say?

Regardless, while CU is*certainly*not a top-25 team, the 2012 schedule isn't the 13-game bear that forced the Buffs into a 3-10 record last fall, and the final record this season should be far from reflective of the "worst BCS team." *That schedule (I cringe at my inclination to call it "soft" or "weak," because no BCS conference slate can be truly labeled as such) will help the Buffs avoid the basement once more, keeping pride loosely intact while Embree and crew continue to circle the wagons.

Gone are are the seniors that would've easily formed a bowl-eligible team last year had the '11 and '12 schedules been switched. *That top-level talent, particularly offensive stars Rodney Stewart, Tyler Hansen, Toney Clemons, and Ryan Miller, will be sorely missed.* In their place is a weird Pollock-esque smattering of underclassmen and key elder statesmen. *I actually think the overall talent level of the current team is higher from top-to-bottom than the top-heavy crew which covered up a painfully thin depth chart last fall. *Essentially: what the team loses in experience and reliability, it makes up for in depth and explosiveness.* If the Buffs can find a way to leverage that, the team could do well.

Last year's stated goal was the abrupt end of the painful road losing streak. *After six failures, the team finally acheived that goal, beating "rival" Utah in SLC on the season's final day.* That win ended not only the road losing streak that stretched back 25 games to '07, but also the Ute's hopes of claiming the inaugural Pac-12 South Championship. *It was a win that Buff Nation might look back fondly upon in future years, provided it actually leads to something.* Mission accomplished.
Struttin' Embree likes checking off goals.
Encouraged by the season ending success, Coach Embree has moved the chains further down the field, stating that he wants the team to sneak into a bowl game this season. *All it will take is six wins out of 12 to meet that goal. *The schedule is waiting to*accommodate.

Even with the lightened schedule, however, it's not a sure thing...*

Today, I'll be taking a look at what awaits the Buffs over the next three months. *Just like last year, I won't be throwing out any scoring*predictions*(I'll save those for my individual game previews), but I will be sharing how I feel about each game as we head into the season. *Add it up, and I hope to paint a reasonable picture of how the season may go.

You can find my breakdown of last year's schedule*here.

Click below for the schedule breakdown...

Read more »
8030839680057503187-6456950076518444180

u_X4vjLtckM

Some dude thinks CU is the worst team in BCS football. *('Cause, you know, I always go to a cigar magazine for my football analysis.) *Apparently, Mr Sheridan was too busy being a singer/song-writer to check out how easy CU's schedule is. *What's that... different Danny Sheridan, you say?

Regardless, while CU is*certainly*not a top-25 team, the 2012 schedule isn't the 13-game bear that forced the Buffs into a 3-10 record last fall, and the final record this season should be far from reflective of the "worst BCS team." *That schedule (I cringe at my inclination to call it "soft" or "weak," because no BCS conference slate can be truly labeled as such) will help the Buffs avoid the basement once more, keeping pride loosely intact while Embree and crew continue to circle the wagons.

Gone are are the seniors that would've easily formed a bowl-eligible team last year had the '11 and '12 schedules been switched. *That top-level talent, particularly offensive stars Rodney Stewart, Tyler Hansen, Toney Clemons, and Ryan Miller, will be sorely missed.* In their place is a weird Pollock-esque smattering of underclassmen and key elder statesmen. *I actually think the overall talent level of the current team is higher from top-to-bottom than the top-heavy crew which covered up a painfully thin depth chart last fall. *Essentially: what the team loses in experience and reliability, it makes up for in depth and explosiveness.* If the Buffs can find a way to leverage that, the team could do well.

Last year's stated goal was the abrupt end of the painful road losing streak. *After six failures, the team finally acheived that goal, beating "rival" Utah in SLC on the season's final day.* That win ended not only the road losing streak that stretched back 25 games to '07, but also the Ute's hopes of claiming the inaugural Pac-12 South Championship. *It was a win that Buff Nation might look back fondly upon in future years, provided it actually leads to something.* Mission accomplished.
Struttin' Embree likes checking off goals.
Encouraged by the season ending success, Coach Embree has moved the chains further down the field, stating that he wants the team to sneak into a bowl game this season. *All it will take is six wins out of 12 to meet that goal. *The schedule is waiting to*accommodate.

Even with the lightened schedule, however, it's not a sure thing...*

Today, I'll be taking a look at what awaits the Buffs over the next three months. *Just like last year, I won't be throwing out any scoring*predictions*(I'll save those for my individual game previews), but I will be sharing how I feel about each game as we head into the season. *Add it up, and I hope to paint a reasonable picture of how the season may go.

You can find my breakdown of last year's schedule*here.

Click below for the schedule breakdown...

Read more »
8030839680057503187-6456950076518444180

u_X4vjLtckM

Originally posted by The Rumblings of a Deranged Buffalo
Click here to view the article.

Back