What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-14 Coaching Carousel Thread

Briles for Texas, he'd take that job in a second. There isn't a more high profile job there outside of the Cowboys. USC, idk what's on their mind. Orgeron was crap at Mississippi. Maybe Del Rio? How would he click with kids now? He's a hard ass, an lb too. He won't put up with bull****.

Oregeron makes sense as an interim for USC because he's the guy most likely to be able to keep the recruiting class together. He won't be their beyond this season, though.

Paul Pasqualoni out at UConn

You can't get murdered by Towson and Buffalo. You just can't.

For the record, he did make it almost a half season longer than Embree, but he at least went 5-7 and 5-7 those first two years which deserves to see what you can do a 3rd year.

UConn football is ****ed for the time being, anyway. Came from 1AA still quite recently, quickly got a seat at the "big boy table" and now it's all fading away.

Oregeron makes sense as an interim for USC because he's the guy most likely to be able to keep the recruiting class together. He won't be their beyond this season, though.
He makes sense in the short term as u said. Geez I've even been hearing Sumlin? Maybe he wants to split, idk, sounds like a south cat to me tho. Not a race thing, he comfortable there.

He makes sense in the short term as u said. Geez I've even been hearing Sumlin? Maybe he wants to split, idk, sounds like a south cat to me tho. Not a race thing, he comfortable there.

You know what I hate? When I read a post of mine and see a grammar error a 3rd grader wouldn't make. I think I caught some sort of dyslexia from Allbuffs.

Chip Kelly's not doing them any favors right now. Schiano either.

Maybe Sumlin, but Shaw will have plenty of suitors. Coached in the NFL for eight years and paid his dues. His youth will be a plus too.

You can't get murdered by Towson and Buffalo. You just can't.

For the record, he did make it almost a half season longer than Embree, but he at least went 5-7 and 5-7 those first two years which deserves to see what you can do a 3rd year.

UConn football is ****ed for the time being, anyway. Came from 1AA still quite recently, quickly got a seat at the "big boy table" and now it's all fading away.
At least they got a BCS bowl out of it

Maybe Sumlin, but Shaw will have plenty of suitors. Coached in the NFL for eight years and paid his dues. His youth will be a plus too.

I'd agree. The groupthink of the NFL establishment just seems to be so reactionary, and irrational most of the time.

This year is going to be huge in terms of high profile coaching jobs. Texas and USC in the same year would be enough but if Duff is right and A&M and Stanford come open the competition for the top candidates is going to be huge and expensive. Then the ripples will hit a bunch more.

We also are likely to see a bunch of other jobs come open on various levels as well. Had we kept JE one more year, in addition to bringing terrible to new lows our choices for coaches would likely result in paying more for a lesser choice.

i wonder if they would give Greg Robinson a look. He did play the good soldier and return to shore up the defense.

Even DeLoss Dodds wouldn't be that dumb, and he's going to be replaced by somebody presumably more competent....

I was thinking briefly about Gary Patterson being a possibility for UTerus. Then I remembered David McWilliams and realized UT will never hire a coach from TCU again... :lol:

I wonder how much more time Pasqualoni might have bought at UCON if they had closed out the win over Meatchicken?

If Texas is smart, they hire Briles. 2 birds, 1 stone. Not only do they get a great coach with deep in-state recruiting ties, but they likely cripple Baylor in the process.

Even DeLoss Dodds wouldn't be that dumb, and he's going to be replaced by somebody presumably more competent....

I was thinking briefly about Gary Patterson being a possibility for UTerus. Then I remembered David McWilliams and realized UT will never hire a coach from TCU again... :lol:

I wonder how much more time Pasqualoni might have bought at UCON if they had closed out the win over Meatchicken?

Considering they got beaten with ease by Towson to start the season and got their doors blown off this past weekend by Buffalo, it would have maybe meant a few more weeks.

Probably until the next embarrassment at the hands of USF, Temple, or Memphis. Wish we had that schedule this year. Get thrown in the fire early to learn some tough lessons at UM and then a bunch of confidence builders in October and beond.

If Texas is smart, they hire Briles. 2 birds, 1 stone. Not only do they get a great coach with deep in-state recruiting ties, but they likely cripple Baylor in the process.
Absolutely, I hope they don't hire him tho. Let them continue to suck, won't hurt my feelings any. Only problem is Baylor will still be good. I think Baylor or OU wins the Big Tex.

Coaches Walking Dead

6ee.gif

Love it, but I think Richt is pretty safe.

Believe this one is a few weeks old and was made in the timeframe of Georgia losing to Clemson and yet to defeat South Carolina and LSU. Barring doing something unforeseen like losing to Missouri (the type of thing Richt has been known to do on occasion), he's safe.

Surprised CVille hasn't brought it up yet, but starting to look as if Mike London is running out of (if not out) of time in Charlottesville. Read a column in the Virginian Pilot here in Hampton Roads today that if you substitute Embree's name for London's easily could have been published in the Daily Camera last year.

Who did UVA lose to? Ball State? London is a goner...Steve Fairchild is there now to...I hop he didn't unpack.

Who did UVA lose to? Ball State? London is a goner...Steve Fairchild is there now to...I hop he didn't unpack.
And they lost BAD to Ball State. Home game, up 17 in the first half and lose 48-27. Actual attendance for the game was reported at 38,225 - lowest for them since whenever.

London isn't going anywhere this year unless they lose every single remaining game, at which point it may be considered. They have a recruiting class that they simply are not going to toss away with a coaching change.

Take it from someone in the know: Me.

Last edited:
London isn't going anywhere this year unless they lose every single remaining game, at which point it may be considered. They have a recruiting class that they simply are not going to toss away with a coaching change.

Take it from someone in the know: Me.

Well, alrighty then! Had just seen the column down here today and didn't know if sentiment was the same up there. Isn't Clemson coming in to town next week? That could have a CU-Oregon feel to it.

Miami OH parting ways with Don Treadwell
Shawn Watson used to go after those MAC jobs,I think his gig w/Louisville right now is probably better

Well, alrighty then! Had just seen the column down here today and didn't know if sentiment was the same up there. Isn't Clemson coming in to town next week? That could have a CU-Oregon feel to it.

I just know the conservative nature of the AD and they are going to hold on to him as long as possible. Yesterday was a loss from which this staff will not recover, there's no doubt. It's just that the inevitable is going to be delayed. Only 2-10 AND recruits jumping ship en-masse will force them to make a move. They're at Maryland next week. Clemson is Nov. 3

Surprised CVille hasn't brought it up yet, but starting to look as if Mike London is running out of (if not out) of time in Charlottesville. Read a column in the Virginian Pilot here in Hampton Roads today that if you substitute Embree's name for London's easily could have been published in the Daily Camera last year.

They look like a 4-8 with that remaining schedule but they have some big names on that coaching staff that are probably going to have to look elsewhere at the end of the year. Typically a coach gets one chance to save his ass by firing some assistants, something Embree didn't compromise on regarding his offensive coordinator. If London can do that he should get at least one more year with the recruiting class to get back to a bowl and look good against the mediocre ACC teams, something I'm not sure this team can do this season.

Back