What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-14 Coaching Carousel Thread

Why is coaching a different position at Stanford a better job? Do they pay better?
If they pay the same and the coaching positions are considered equal, it's a better job today because Stanford is significantly better than the Buffs right now. Doesn't mean it's a better job over the next 20 years, just right now and being an assistant coach is very transient.

Pritchard was the RB coach and moved to WR coach. I'm not sure if they filled that open position yet, but I'm not too concerned. That story was from over two weeks ago and Walters has been on the road doing some important recruiting for us.
My bad, you are right. I also agree that it is not something to worry about. It looks like Walters is happy in Boulder. He has a good group of young receivers to work with (many, thanks to him). Hopefully, Fields is going to be one of them.

could not blame him. I hope he stays, but CU just can not compete at this time. We live in a society where everyone wants everything instantly. The younger the more this quality shows. If you put yourself in his shoes, you could not blame him. Alumni, has a history there on the field, I am sure there are pictures / trophies still there with his name on them.

could not blame him. I hope he stays, but CU just can not compete at this time. We live in a society where everyone wants everything instantly. The more time spent posting on AB, the more this quality shows. If you put yourself in his shoes, you could not blame him. Alumni, has a history there on the field, I am sure there are pictures / trophies still there with his name on them.

FIFY

could not blame him. I hope he stays, but CU just can not compete at this time. We live in a society where everyone wants everything instantly. The younger the more this quality shows. If you put yourself in his shoes, you could not blame him. Alumni, has a history there on the field, I am sure there are pictures / trophies still there with his name on them.

Man up! Holy cow.

Semper Gumby

At least on paper don't understand the hype around Derek Mason. Stanford has had a good defense the past couple years but they have also had a lot of good players. Anyone could have been their coordinator and they would have preformed well. He also only likely got that job in the first place because Vic Fangio left and Stanford seems to like to promote from within. Even prior to being their coordinator virtually all of his career was spent as a position coach at non-BCS/I-AA colleges.

Lance Taylor to be named Stanford Running Back Coach.
Good news for the Buffs. This ends the rumor that Walters might take the job. Walters is a great young coach and if he passed on an opening at his Alma Mater to stay with the Buffs, that says a lot about the future here.
Go Buffs.

They've really fallen on hard times.

Or he has for settling there. Good one-year rental since their opening occurred late. Keeps Greg paid and in the coaching business where taking a year off at his age could mean fewer prospects the following year. San Jose isn't a bad place to collect what will likely be close to a six figure salary and stay in football for a year. He's a good defensive mind and succeeded in both stints as a DC at Texas in the last decade. He'll leave after a year for a bigger conference as a DC or consultant and they'll promote from within or go outside to hire a younger up and coming assistant.

CU GA, basically assistant RB coach, Mike Pitre, is moving on to Montana State to coach RB's.

[tweet]433026219227889664[/tweet]

Greg Brown will apparently be the recruiting coordinator at UL, I didn't realize he was highly regarded as a recruiter.

Ryan Walters now the corners coach at Memphis. I could see him making his way back to CU one day.

Mike Kavanaugh appears to be heading from Oregon St. to Oklahoma State. That could bode well for the rest of the conference, he's a great coach and good recruiter.

Overall did the PAC 12 get stronger or weaker with all the coaching changes?
It probably got tougher switching Petersen for Kiffin.
However, I am glad that we won't have to recruit against Oregeron and Lupoi.

Back