What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-14 Coaching Carousel Thread

After this season, I'd like to see some research into (what I perceive to be an increase in) the prevalence of blowouts. I believe that, due to the rise of the spread/option, we are seeing more plays and more scoring than ever, and as a result, more blowouts than ever. Elite teams are not getting blown out, but we are seeing elite and 2nd Tier teams blow out other ranked teams or 2nd tier teams. We are also seeing some just plain obscene scoring because a number of teams run systems that are designed to effectively run up the score. In short, I just don't think that being blown out is as inexplicable as it used to be. So chill, UW.

Teams playing up-tempo is having an impact on scoring and blowouts.

Again, those rankings are on paper. If I was getting paid to evaluate the program, I certainly don't look at rankings of recruiting classes, I look at what is actual and factual. UW is a little better on the field now than in Sark's first year. But not getting better than that. I'd put Sarkisian on the hot seat at this point. He gets another year, but you got to be starting to ask some questions.

Florida Atlantic will be on the hunt....Carl "Jammin'" Pelini sent his HC days up in smoke...

Florida Atlantic will be on the hunt....Carl "Jammin'" Pelini sent his HC days up in smoke...

Pelini and crew weren't exactly tearing it up at FAU anyways, being 2-6 doesn't make it a lot harder for the school to fire them.

So, last day of October and we have:

Florida Atlantic: Pelini resigned
USC: Kiffin Fired
UConn: Paul Pasqualoni fired
Miami (oh): Don Treadwell fired

My guess is the list will be at least twice as long by 11/15....

Bruce Feldman @BFeldmanCBS
MT @WillBrinson @JasonLaCanfora reports #USC interviewed Lovie Smith cbsprt.co/1e7bWsG #Trojans

03 Nov
USC coaching search: Lovie Smith interviewed; Sarkisian on radar
USC, looking for a replacement to the departed Lane Kiffin, interviewed former Bears coach Lovie Smith this week, according to Jason La Canfora.

Bruce Feldman @BFeldmanCBS
MT @WillBrinson @JasonLaCanfora reports #USC interviewed Lovie Smith cbsprt.co/1e7bWsG #Trojans

03 Nov
USC coaching search: Lovie Smith interviewed; Sarkisian on radar
USC, looking for a replacement to the departed Lane Kiffin, interviewed former Bears coach Lovie Smith this week, according to Jason La Canfora.

Lovie Smith at USC, Stanford and Oregon fans are begging for this to happen.

If the name is out there as being interviewed four weeks before the season ends, he is not getting the job.

4c88deb8c258a217943af8f3ab25d6ac_normal.jpeg

Joe Schad ✔ @schadjoe
Eastern Michigan announces Ron English relieved of duties
12:56 PM - 8 Nov 2013

Last edited:
English was a great DB coach and DC. As much respect as I have for him, the last thing CU needs is another DB coach on the staff.

Add English to the Dan Hawkins Memorial List of coaches who were kept at least one season too long. Directional Michigan schools having one of the worst collective years I can remember.

Add English to the Dan Hawkins Memorial List of coaches who were kept at least one season too long. Directional Michigan schools having one of the worst collective years I can remember.

That whole league exist primarily to fatten up the records of the B1G schools that pay them big money to come in an get beaten. They do occasionally turn out a team that beats a couple of the big boys but for the most part they are FCS schools that stay in the FBS level so their games count as part of the 6 wins needed for bowl eligibility.

That whole league exist primarily to fatten up the records of the B1G schools that pay them big money to come in an get beaten. They do occasionally turn out a team that beats a couple of the big boys but for the most part they are FCS schools that stay in the FBS level so their games count as part of the 6 wins needed for bowl eligibility.

They also exist to groom up and coming coaches. If one school starts beating B1G schools, they just hire the coach.

Back