What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-14 USC Basketball Preview #1

RSSBot

News Junkie
There's still time to get better, but Thursday night's effort against UCLA just wasn't good enough for the Colorado Buffaloes. *They struggled to keep pace with the Bruins all night long, having to work twice as hard for the same output. *Finally, midway through the second half, the dam broke, and UCLA raced home for a 69-56 win. *I expected as much, but that didn't make the reality of the situation any easier to digest.
Everybody having a good time? *No? *Okay then... From: the BDC
The holes left in the roster from injuries to Spencer Dinwiddie and Tre'Shaun Fletcher were brutally on display. *Without Dinwiddie, the offense devolved into a two-man show between Askia Booker and Josh Scott. *Without Fletcher, Colorado could do nothing but play small when going to the bench against the towering Bruins. *Accordingly, you saw 17 turnovers, second half shooting under 35%, and 15 allowed offensive rebounds.

I knew CU would be challenged offensively, but I'm starting to fear it might be worse than anticipated. Outside of Booker and Scott - who had truly fantastic nights, combining for 40 points despite getting the majority of defensive focus - seven Buffs combined to tally 16 points and 13 turnovers on 22% shooting. Somebody, anybody other than the remaining two stars needs to prove that they can score the ball, or the Buffs will struggle the rest of the way.
Ski was brilliant on Thursday. *CU will need more of that. *From: the BDC
Look, UCLA is a damn good team, and it's grossly unfair to blame the team for a loss to them, but the season doesn't stop because Spencer is wearing a #BUFFSTAPE shirt on the bench. *The world keeps spinning, and these kids need to find a way to grow up real fast before the things they've worked since August for slip from their fingers.

The real ****ed up thing is I know these guys are better than they showed last night. *Xavier Johnson (who played through some*tendinitis in his knee) and Wes Gordon certainly are, despite disappearing last night, and Jaron Hopkins and Xavier Talton have better days in front of them, as well. Given time, CU will learn to live with the roster they have, just, for the present, it's an ugly mess.

--

Turning my attention towards Saturday, the Buffs won't have long to work on righting the ship. *There's only about 40 hours between last night's horn and tomorrow's tip. *It's a 'better win' game against USC Saturday afternoon, too. *If CU can't pull one out against the lowly Trojans at home, the final two months of this season could get real long, real fast...

Tip off from the CEC is set for high noon on Saturday. *Televised*coverage will be on Fox Sports 1, with the radio call coming from 850 KOA.

Click below for the preview...

Read more »
2yP7hi7epLI

There's still time to get better, but Thursday night's effort against UCLA just wasn't good enough for the Colorado Buffaloes. *They struggled to keep pace with the Bruins all night long, having to work twice as hard for the same output. *Finally, midway through the second half, the dam broke, and UCLA raced home for a 69-56 win. *I expected as much, but that didn't make the reality of the situation any easier to digest.
Everybody having a good time? *No? *Okay then... From: the BDC
The holes left in the roster from injuries to Spencer Dinwiddie and Tre'Shaun Fletcher were brutally on display. *Without Dinwiddie, the offense devolved into a two-man show between Askia Booker and Josh Scott. *Without Fletcher, Colorado could do nothing but play small when going to the bench against the towering Bruins. *Accordingly, you saw 17 turnovers, second half shooting under 35%, and 15 allowed offensive rebounds.

I knew CU would be challenged offensively, but I'm starting to fear it might be worse than anticipated. Outside of Booker and Scott - who had truly fantastic nights, combining for 40 points despite getting the majority of defensive focus - seven Buffs combined to tally 16 points and 13 turnovers on 22% shooting. Somebody, anybody other than the remaining two stars needs to prove that they can score the ball, or the Buffs will struggle the rest of the way.
Ski was brilliant on Thursday. *CU will need more of that. *From: the BDC
Look, UCLA is a damn good team, and it's grossly unfair to blame the team for a loss to them, but the season doesn't stop because Spencer is wearing a #BUFFSTAPE shirt on the bench. *The world keeps spinning, and these kids need to find a way to grow up real fast before the things they've worked since August for slip from their fingers.

The real ****ed up thing is I know these guys are better than they showed last night. *Xavier Johnson (who played through some*tendinitis in his knee) and Wes Gordon certainly are, despite disappearing last night, and Jaron Hopkins and Xavier Talton have better days in front of them, as well. Given time, CU will learn to live with the roster they have, just, for the present, it's an ugly mess.

--

Turning my attention towards Saturday, the Buffs won't have long to work on righting the ship. *There's only about 40 hours between last night's horn and tomorrow's tip. *It's a 'better win' game against USC Saturday afternoon, too. *If CU can't pull one out against the lowly Trojans at home, the final two months of this season could get real long, real fast...

Tip off from the CEC is set for high noon on Saturday. *Televised*coverage will be on Fox Sports 1, with the radio call coming from 850 KOA.

Click below for the preview...

Read more »
2yP7hi7epLI

Originally posted by The Rumblings of a Deranged Buffalo
Click here to view the article.

Back