What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-2014 Bracketology

It shows the state of the program is in good shape when fans would be a bit disappointed with a #7 seed in the NCAA tournament.

I'm with you mattrob, not super high on Stanford. They've got three 3*'s coming in but Randle, Heustis and Powell don't really do it for me, they have potential but Heustis and Powell are going both going to be SR's, at a certain point you just are who you are.

I'm much higher Cal, all reports are that as good as Crabbe was his attitude drove a wedge in the team. Justin Cobbs isn't a slouch and with Jabari Bird coming in I like what they've got.

I'm with you mattrob, not super high on Stanford. They've got three 3*'s coming in but Randle, Heustis and Powell don't really do it for me, they have potential but Heustis and Powell are going both going to be SR's, at a certain point you just are who you are.

I'm much higher Cal, all reports are that as good as Crabbe was his attitude drove a wedge in the team. Justin Cobbs isn't a slouch and with Jabari Bird coming in I like what they've got.
Wallace, Cobbs, Bird, Kravish, and Solomon (not sure what year he is) is nothing to sneeze at as far as starting 5's go.

You do realize that if that game took place on a neutral court in the first round of the NCAAs, UK probably kills them? Simply put, huge game for RM, not so big for Kentucky.

Absolutely. My point with that is this---I know April bracketology for next year isn't much more than message board fodder, but betting on a team to be the number one overall seed that will rely on as many freshman as Calipari's teams typically do is a stretch right now IMO. I'd put my money on Sparty personally, but we'll have a better feel for how good everybody really is after April 28.

Flip Colorado and Virginia within the Midwest and voila.

But in all seriousness, as has been voiced, Lunardi doesn't know anything more than anyone else when it comes to seeing things so far in the distance that he can't even analyze schedules, let alone results.

all bracketologists must go through our rigorous bracketology training and certification regime to be taken seriously on this board. Certification is followed by hazing.

are you sure you are up for that?

Before you answer, you should know that Allbuffs hazing was inspired by Eurotrip.

Before you answer, you should know that Allbuffs hazing was inspired by Eurotrip.

This isn't where I parked my car...

That said, welcome to the board EBracket. Interesting stuff you have there. I'll admit I'm biased, but I think you have CU a touch low (although, it is in the "acceptable" area honestly). Care to give the reasoning? Just curious because a lot of us think the team is borderline top 25, so I think 6-9 is kind of our range.

This isn't where I parked my car...

That said, welcome to the board EBracket. Interesting stuff you have there. I'll admit I'm biased, but I think you have CU a touch low (although, it is in the "acceptable" area honestly). Care to give the reasoning? Just curious because a lot of us think the team is borderline top 25, so I think 6-9 is kind of our range.

Let me second that EBracket......Some thoughts on your bracket in general (cause thats all bracketology for next year is at this point).....Agree with your thinking on somebody other than UK being the best team in the land----freshman dominated teams need to prove themselves first. Penn State on the bubble? Really? Correct me if I'm wrong....but they won all of 1 conference game last year? Just can't see 'em getting there in a league with Michigan, OSU, and MSU (all of whom you have as top 3 seeds), as well as Indiana. With respect to the Pac 12---I'm with everybody else on CU....6-9 is acceptable for right now. That said, not even having Oregon on the bubble is interesting....given the fact that both their guards are back, and they've added Mike Moser. I also think you probably overrated Stanford as well.

Let me second that EBracket......Some thoughts on your bracket in general (cause thats all bracketology for next year is at this point).....Agree with your thinking on somebody other than UK being the best team in the land----freshman dominated teams need to prove themselves first. Penn State on the bubble? Really? Correct me if I'm wrong....but they won all of 1 conference game last year? Just can't see 'em getting there in a league with Michigan, OSU, and MSU (all of whom you have as top 3 seeds), as well as Indiana. With respect to the Pac 12---I'm with everybody else on CU....6-9 is acceptable for right now. That said, not even having Oregon on the bubble is interesting....given the fact that both their guards are back, and they've added Mike Moser. I also think you probably overrated Stanford as well.

Thanks for all the comments everyone. You're probably right in that I undervalued Oregon. I think Colorado is one player away from being really good.You got Roberson and Dinwiddie but you need Booker or Scott to really step up this year. If you can get Booker to become a great scorer, I think you'll move up.

Don't sleep on Penn St. They gave Michigan and other teams fits last year. If they play a three guard system, I love them to do some damage, but miss the tourney.

Going back to Oregon, now I remember why I undervalued them. They really had really a veteran team last year. They are going to be young next year.

Thanks for all the comments everyone. You're probably right in that I undervalued Oregon. I think Colorado is one player away from being really good.You got Roberson and Dinwiddie but you need Booker or Scott to really step up this year. If you can get Booker to become a great scorer, I think you'll move up.

Don't sleep on Penn St. They gave Michigan and other teams fits last year. If they play a three guard system, I love them to do some damage, but miss the tourney.

Uhh Scott didn't step up last year? He stepped up HUGE last year until he got injured. Scott was just a freshman and played above everyone's expectations heading in, and then you have XJ and scoring off the bench in Jenkins, Fletcher, Thomas, and Hopkins. #9 is too low for a consensus top 25 team and for a team with what we have coming back. I don't really see how your reasoning supports it either. And you have Dre factored in there who has been gone for nearly a month so....

And no, Penn State won't be a bubble team. The B1G is just too tough for a team with that record last year to completely turn it around.

Stanford is clearly the best team in your conference next year with UCLA second. Powell, Huestis and Randall are going to will be a great trio. Cal will also be strong. Fourth in your conference will be up for grabs. But PAC 12 will get no more than 4 in.

Stanford is clearly the best team in your conference next year with UCLA second. Powell, Huestis and Randall are going to will be a great trio. Cal will also be strong. Fourth in your conference will be up for grabs. But PAC 12 will get no more than 4 in.

Ummm :lol:

A Dawkins coached team will not win any conference. Arizona is clearly the best team with CU and Cal just behind.

:rofl:

Thanks for enlightening me tonight everyone. I realized I sucked when it came to the PAC 12 in my analysis. I made some corrections.

I just looked at your bracket and you have CU in the first four out because we lost Roberson? ESPN and CBS both have CU in the preseason top-25. All of our incoming recruits are in the top-150. Xavier Johnson and Josh Scott are only sophomores and Dinwiddie is projected as a first round draft pick. How exactly is this not a tournament team? Or did I read your bracket wrong?

On paper, I've agreed with that for 2 years. And they haven't made the Dance once. Something's missing with that crew.

fwiw, if you're going by lineups on paper you should really look at what Oregon State's got coming back. They'll be the best bad team in the nation this coming season.

On paper, I've agreed with that for 2 years. And they haven't made the Dance once. Something's missing with that crew.

fwiw, if you're going by lineups on paper you should really look at what Oregon State's got coming back. They'll be the best bad team in the nation this coming season.

I didn't even know my own bracketology as I picked Arizona to win the PAC-12. Arizona is the best team obviously in the PAC-12. Obviously I need to study the conference more. Another case of East Coast Bias.

With everyone's favorite coach leading the way.

on paper, i've agreed with that for 2 years. And they haven't made the dance once. dawkins is what's wrong with that crew.

Fwiw, if you're going by lineups on paper you should really look at what oregon state's got coming back. They'll be the best bad team in the nation this coming season.

fify

Back