What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013 Arizona Wildcats @ Colorado Official Game Thread

AZ QB rushing yardage was the highlight of irritation. Frickin 200 yds for dink on the ground? :pissed:

Uncle

This is the first time that I've been pissed at MacIntyre. I know he doesn't have a lot to work with, but he was out coached on both sides of the ball and made some really questionable decisions.

This. There were some talent issues and some mental and/or physical mistakes from the players, but it was coaching errors that hurt the worst. Not running more clock then throwing on third down before half was horrible and took the air out of the game. The fake punt was worse.

Boy, Mac just gave Mark Johnson the most terse interview I've heard in a while. Whew.

Well I just listened to the game but didn't hear the interview he had. The fake punt was a wtf moment for me. Why did we punt on 4th and four with 7 minutes left on their side of the field? Whether the game was over or not, you have to go there imo. That qb just ran wild, I'm probably most pissed at that. He had a Vince Young game tonight.

Well I just listened to the game but didn't hear the interview he had. The fake punt was a wtf moment for me. Why did we punt on 4th and four with 7 minutes left on their side of the field? Whether the game was over or not, you have to go there imo. That qb just ran wild, I'm probably most pissed at that. He had a Vince Young game tonight.

Or a Bryant Moniz game, or a...oh, I'll spare you and just stop.

Sefo. He throws the ball fairly well. But I was under the impression he was a good runner. I'm sure not seeing that. It seemed like, time after time, it was there for him to keep the ball, ala UA's QB, and pick up big yards. Yet he just looked way to tentative.

Listen, despite some of my negativity regarding Mac and, a little, Sefo, I'm still on board. Tonight just drove home how far we have to go.

Watching Cal-UW right now. Cal's gonna roll us. Way more talent, speed and size.

I wish I could find odds on us going winless in conference. I'd put $500 on it.

Sefo. He throws the ball fairly well. But I was under the impression he was a good runner. I'm sure not seeing that. It seemed like, time after time, it was there for him to keep the ball, ala UA's QB, and pick up big yards. Yet he just looked way to tentative.

Listen, despite some of my negativity regarding Mac and, a little, Sefo, I'm still on board. Tonight just drove home how far we have to go.

Totally agree. Slightly more mobile than Wood.

Also so have to say that the OL didn't get much run push but gave Sefo way more time than I expected. He had some decent pockets. If he hadn't missed those two wide open TDs in the first half ...

I guess I don't feel as despondent as most of you. I was braced for this this year...but, yeah, it's frustrating when you look like you have chances to win.

And yeah...the coaching smelled of desperation...but I don't think gambling is such a bad thing at this point. If you know you have less horses than the other guy, you might have to do some gambling. Was it a good risk? Probably not. But I am not too pissed about it.

Several other posters have said what the most egregious real problem is: the O-Line. Everything falls apart on offense from there. Sefo is only talented when compared with our recent options at the QB position. He's no Kordell, Detmer or Hagen (obviously). He's probably not even at the Pesevento level. But he's got a bigger upside than Dan Hawkins' son or a Wood or Hirschman. He's a freshman playing behind a terrible, lower level Mountain West line with limited talent at the skill positions around him.

On the good side...the Freshmen are talented. More will be on the way. The team plays tough. They don't seem to have much quit in them. I think the assistant coaches are better than average, and the strength coach may be borderline awesome.

I am going to try and chill until next year and just look for improvement. Wins are a bonus if and when we can get them. This is a total rebuild guys. Most of you know that already (doesn't mean we jettison the right to be critical of unwise coaching calls of course though...:huh:).

I like where these buffs are going. I bet they are still very young next year as we start even more underclassmen...as they, like some of our freshmen now, will be the better athletes. That sucks, but it's a sign that the rebuilding is bearing fruit (by providing better young talent than your team has in upper class talent).

I guess I don't feel as despondent as most of you. I was braced for this this year...but, yeah, it's frustrating when you look like you have chances to win.

And yeah...the coaching smelled of desperation...but I don't think gambling is such a bad thing at this point. If you know you have less horses than the other guy, you might have to do some gambling. Was it a good risk? Probably not. But I am not too pissed about it.

Several other posters have said what the most egregious real problem is: the O-Line. Everything falls apart on offense from there. Sefo is only talented when compared with our recent options at the QB position. He's no Kordell, Detmer or Hagen (obviously). He's probably not even at the Pesevento level. But he's got a bigger upside than Dan Hawkins' son or a Wood or Hirschman. He's a freshman playing behind a terrible, lower level Mountain West line with limited talent at the skill positions around him.

On the good side...the Freshmen are talented. More will be on the way. The team plays tough. They don't seem to have much quit in them. I think the assistant coaches are better than average, and the strength coach may be borderline awesome.

I am going to try and chill until next year and just look for improvement. Wins are a bonus if and when we can get them. This is a total rebuild guys. Most of you know that already (doesn't mean we jettison the right to be critical of unwise coaching calls of course though...:huh:).

I like where these buffs are going. I bet they are still very young next year as we start even more underclassmen...as they, like some of our freshmen now, will be the better athletes. That sucks, but it's a sign that the rebuilding is bearing fruit (by providing better young talent than your team has in upper class talent).
I'm outta rep. Good post.

Any particular reason that Fulmer is at this game?

Wondered the same,earlier he was@Dove Valley w/Peyton.He was an assistant for MM's Dad at Vandy in 1979.There was another guy w/him that looked real familiar too but couldn't figure out who he was.

Last edited:
Wondered the same,earlier he was@Dove Valley w/Peyton.He was an assistant for MM's Dad at Vandy in 1979.There was another guy w/him that looked real familiar too but couldn't figure out who he was.

I think I remember hearing that he has a place here in CO somewhere too. There were some rumblings a few years ago he had interest in the CU job.

And just where are these magical recruits going to come from? We are recruiting poorly.

And just where are these magical recruits going to come from? We are recruiting poorly.

We might be upgrading over what we had, but we're not seriously closing any gaps. It's going to take masterful coaching to get enough momentum so that we actually can recruit alongside our peers (and at this point, I'm dreaming of matching Utah, Wazzu, Oregon State and Arizona...forget the top half. That's why we've absolutely got to forge momentum and take steps forward each year. A few Pac-12 scandals and top coaches leaving would help quite nicely, too. This is the must brutal situation to be fighting to rebuild in that you could imagine. Compare this to the ACC or B1G where you have 1 or 2 top 25 caliber conference games per season and 3-4 games against seriously bad teams.

And again, getting our heads out of our asses and getting the **** underway with facilities would be an immense benefit that would payoff in recruiting and a rejuvenated fan base immediately.

I do like how the recruits we are getting are at least taller than the guys on the team. Recruiting may suck, but at least we will look more like a Pac12 team. Unfortunately, the athleticism will still be lacking.

Back