What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013 Basketball Season Tickets (sold out 10/4)

2013 Basketball Season Tickets

What is the significance of a "donation" vs a ticket price increase? do they make them tax deductible or something?

It allows them to tell you next year that they haven't raised your ticket prices in the last 3 years with a straight face. That is the significance.

It allows them to tell you next year that they haven't raised your ticket prices in the last 3 years with a straight face. That is the significance.

and to inflate Buffclub numbers, cushion the true cost, as well as allocate funds more broadly.

I'd rather pay for a $10 ticket with a $190 seat license than the other way around or even than a $150 dollar ticket.

and to inflate Buffclub numbers, cushion the true cost, as well as allocate funds more broadly.

I'd rather pay for a $10 ticket with a $190 seat license than the other way around than a $150 dollar ticket.
Are there any restrictions or tax code issues on this? It would be great for me. I would end up with some pretty bomb seats.

Yeah. There was always the courtside but I believe everything above that was GA.
The courtside seats were the band until I believe my junior year (2006-07). I remember they originally planned to allow the students to stand on risers but they deemed it was dangerous or something in the middle of my sophomore year.

Are there any restrictions or tax code issues on this? It would be great for me. I would end up with some pretty bomb seats.

i am neither an attorney nor a tax accountant but for me effectively, no.

Anyone planning on changing their seats? I am trying to move away from the old people section (23-24 area). Maybe move over towards the student section in 11.

Two years ago my parents tickets had a $0 Donation, $200 a seat last year and $400 a seat this year. I guess that's what you get when you are a Top 25 basketball team.

They are tax-deductible for us and it gives the AD more flexibility in where it is recorded.

80% of the "donation" is tax deductible if you itemize your deductions on your tax return. The other 20% is not deductible. Please consult your tax advisor! :nod:

Here is the women's basketball seat map and pricing. The prices of the season tickets are below what they were when KMM was coaching. The only change is the seat tax. I knew it was coming and probably this season after the way Benson said he wanted to increase donations. I've been donating $100 per year, so I will be donating more than required anyway. I also plan on buying volleyball tickets and soccer tickets even though I won't attend a single game. I want the priority points and these are two inexpensive ways to get them. With the exception of floor seats, all the seats for women's bb are now priced the same (except for GA). There used two or three levels of tickets. I am waiting to renew and will have to call for volleyball and soccer.

Hope I do this image correctly.

WBBSeatMap.jpgWBBPricing.jpg

I may only get to support my team for a few games, but I will buy season tickets. However, I can not respond to the email to women's basketball season ticket holders requesting scholarship donors. :sorry: $10 grand a year for 5 years. Not in my budget.

Just got my email. Paid for them now. My ticket prices (corner) stayed the same, but apparently ALL season tickets now have a donation to the Buff Club tied to them. Mine was only $50 per ticket.

I did the same and am in the corner opposite of you. Also had the $50 per seat donation and gladly paid it. Would not think of not renewing and looking forward to next season already. We will be back for the entire season!

Re: 2013 Basketball Season Tickets

Wonder what the renewal rate will be: my guess is over 90%, might even be like 98%.

I think it will be much lower. Remember that we had a huge jump past year and people may be on the bandwagon because the team was good and tickets were cheap.

I think it will be much lower. Remember that we had a huge jump past year and people may be on the bandwagon because the team was good and tickets were cheap.
The team is still good, and tickets are still (relatively) cheap.

The team is still good, and tickets are still (relatively) cheap.

That depends on where you sit. My pair went from $500 to $800, which is a pretty big one year jump. I have been expecting an increase for years but I thought it would be smaller.

It's still a great deal. They haven't released single game prices yet, but how many games even with donation would it take you to "earn it back?"

I don't think CU would've done this if they weren't confident of a strong renewal rate; if not, expecting, many to buy for the first time (or again).

Thanks! On the wait list as of 2 minutes ago. 4 years ago if you told me I would have to pay $100 just to get on the wait list for basketball, I would have said you were nuts.

Welcome aboard, btw.

I remember in the summer of '07 I called to buy my first non-student tickets, and they said they'd put me on their wait list. I responded by saying, "This is the CU ticket office, right? You know I'm calling about basketball, right?" Wait lists are standard procedure until renewals are hashed out.

That depends on where you sit. My pair went from $500 to $800, which is a pretty big one year jump. I have been expecting an increase for years but I thought it would be smaller.
I wonder how that compares to similar places? (teams that are 15-30, recent success, but haven't made the tourney most years). Still no parking costs right? My guess is that's next with any success.

80% of the "donation" is tax deductible if you itemize your deductions on your tax return. The other 20% is not deductible. Please consult your tax advisor! :nod:

thanks for the specifics on it, i dont do my own taxes so wasnt sure of the numbers.

so I am at $22 a game if I make all 18. I will probably be closer to 12 which bumps me to $33 a game.

so I am at $22 a game if I make all 18. I will probably be closer to 12 which bumps me to $33 a game.

Nuggets charge $21 a game to sit on the balcony level directly behind the basket. Next cheapest seats (balcony where the basket doesn't block everything by the rim in the near court is $28 a game. The lower balcony ranges from $38-$53 a game. The Loge level (which equates to where all the seats in the Keg are located) ranges from $63-$148 a game. Courtside for the Nugs is $573-$848 a game. CU MBB is still a great value.

http://www.nba.com/nuggets/nuggets-tickets

Nuggets charge $21 a game to sit on the balcony level directly behind the basket. Next cheapest seats (balcony where the basket doesn't block everything by the rim in the near court is $28 a game. The lower balcony ranges from $38-$53 a game. The Loge level (which equates to where all the seats in the Keg are located) ranges from $63-$148 a game. Courtside for the Nugs is $573-$848 a game. CU MBB is still a great value.

http://www.nba.com/nuggets/nuggets-tickets

I think the NBA is insanely overpriced, so those numbers don't mean much to me.

It only bumps you to $33 a game if you don't sell the tickets for the 6 games you can't make it to.

I never sold a single ticket to a game I didn't make it to. Don't think the market is too hot for those tickets. There were only a handful of games last year that I could have sold them.

I never sold a single ticket to a game I didn't make it to. Don't think the market is too hot for those tickets. There were only a handful of games last year that I could have sold them.

Disagreed, I got offered plenty for my tickets, no matter who they were playing. I made it to every game except one (Hartford game), and had a line of people buying them from me.

Looking on stubhub, there is a decent amount of money to be made scalping if you choose to do so. Problem is those tickets mostly go to the opposing fans

So help me God, if I find out anyone on this board has sold their tickets to a Kansas fan, I will have you permabanned.

Disagreed, I got offered plenty for my tickets, no matter who they were playing. I made it to every game except one (Hartford game), and had a line of people buying them from me.

Looking on stubhub, there is a decent amount of money to be made scalping if you choose to do so. Problem is those tickets mostly go to the opposing fans

I actually never tried to sell. Might do the stubhub thing this year.

Back