What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013 Fresno State Football Preview

RSSBot

News Junkie
I cannot relate how stunned I was when Ralphie failed to run last Saturday. It defies words. The whole thing felt completely out of place - I would've expected such a disaster to have happened during last season's tour de fail, rather than in this season of renewed hope. Colorado Buffaloes football without the team running out behind their namesake is like baseball without beer, or a cowboy without a horse.
The slogan is 'run Ralphie, run' for a reason.
Friend of the blog @BupsJones did some digging, and confirmed that Ralphie IV had refused to complete her run at least once in '03 (a 31-22 loss to the hated Corn), but, as far as anyone can tell, the current Ralphie's record had been spotless up to this point (besides, of course, that little misunderstanding at the '08 Spring Game).

As the story goes, wafting smoke from the players' entrance spooked Ralphie to the point she refused to make her traditional entrance.* Given a stubborn mascot, the handlers told the players to run out without her, and the game was started under a cloud of uncertainty.* Coach MacIntyre even admitted that the incident played a part in a slow start for the team.

The powers that be assure me that Ralphie will get both her public workouts in on Saturday.* She'd better, because I never want to see the team run out at home without a buffalo leading the charge ever again.

--

The Fresno St. Bulldogs sit on the fringes of the top-25, and a win this weekend in Boulder should be enough to get them into the rankings for the first time since 2004.* Expect a motivated, talented club to hit Boulder.* It'll be a good test for a Colorado team riding high on confidence.

Kickoff from beautiful Folsom field is set for 12:05 MT on Saturday.* Television is set for regional coverage on Pac-12 Networks, with Mark Johnson and the radio call on 850 KOA.

Click below for the preview...

Read more »
1NbbVWAAfB0

I cannot relate how stunned I was when Ralphie failed to run last Saturday. It defies words. The whole thing felt completely out of place - I would've expected such a disaster to have happened during last season's tour de fail, rather than in this season of renewed hope. Colorado Buffaloes football without the team running out behind their namesake is like baseball without beer, or a cowboy without a horse.
The slogan is 'run Ralphie, run' for a reason.
Friend of the blog @BupsJones did some digging, and confirmed that Ralphie IV had refused to complete her run at least once in '03 (a 31-22 loss to the hated Corn), but, as far as anyone can tell, the current Ralphie's record had been spotless up to this point (besides, of course, that little misunderstanding at the '08 Spring Game).

As the story goes, wafting smoke from the players' entrance spooked Ralphie to the point she refused to make her traditional entrance.* Given a stubborn mascot, the handlers told the players to run out without her, and the game was started under a cloud of uncertainty.* Coach MacIntyre even admitted that the incident played a part in a slow start for the team.

The powers that be assure me that Ralphie will get both her public workouts in on Saturday.* She'd better, because I never want to see the team run out at home without a buffalo leading the charge ever again.

--

The Fresno St. Bulldogs sit on the fringes of the top-25, and a win this weekend in Boulder should be enough to get them into the rankings for the first time since 2004.* Expect a motivated, talented club to hit Boulder.* It'll be a good test for a Colorado team riding high on confidence.

Kickoff from beautiful Folsom field is set for 12:05 MT on Saturday.* Television is set for regional coverage on Pac-12 Networks, with Mark Johnson and the radio call on 850 KOA.

Click below for the preview...

Read more »
1NbbVWAAfB0

Originally posted by The Rumblings of a Deranged Buffalo
Click here to view the article.

Back