What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013 Pac 12 Tournament: Colorado v Arizona Game Thread

Thats deep. But its not question ski is a better basketball player than Chen. Chen is a hustle guy. Reminds me of Eduardo Najera of the nuggets years ago. Ski is a great player who is having a long slum. He is thinking too much. Completely different levels, but in high school baseball my senior year I was hitting like 250 through the first 8 games worst slump of my life.I tried everything to get out of it. Hitting for hours. Videotaping. Everything. I got hurt and missed four games and got my mind off baseball and everything for a while and came back and busted out of the slump. Ski just needs to put the basketball away for a couple days.

I see where your head's at. Ski needs a slumpbuster....Mark Grace would approve.

L Buff can you stop arguing that Chen is a better basketball player than Chen. When opposing fans read stuff like that on our site, it makes them think we are idots who don't know anything about basketball.

If you bothered to read the thread .. you would know that is NOT what I was arguing (although the definition of "a better basketball player" is incredibly subjective). It was that Ski hasn't performed at a level deserving of the amount of playing time he has received over the past two months, that he has been an overall detriment to our offense during that stretch (while at the same time he is admittedly a strong defensive player), and that just PERHAPS others deserved a little more playing time in his stead.

If you didn't bother reading the thread, then just STFU.

P.S. Oh ... and BTW ... I could give two ****s what opposing fans think. If you do, then I suggest you grow a pair.

Thats deep. But its not question ski is a better basketball player than Chen. Chen is a hustle guy. Reminds me of Eduardo Najera of the nuggets years ago. Ski is a great player who is having a long slum. He is thinking too much. Completely different levels, but in high school baseball my senior year I was hitting like 250 through the first 8 games worst slump of my life.I tried everything to get out of it. Hitting for hours. Videotaping. Everything. I got hurt and missed four games and got my mind off baseball and everything for a while and came back and busted out of the slump. Ski just needs to put the basketball away for a couple days.

There is no question that Ski is a talented guy. At his best he can be almost unstoppable, a guy who can drive to the hole, has solid outside range, can score in traffic, can make his own shot, and who can compete on defense. Chen will never be close to all this.

Unfortunately for virtually all of this year the Ski we have had has also been nowhere near this. When it last virtually the entire season it isn't a slump. You can blame his shooting percentage on late shots, etc. but he takes and misses a lot of bad shots early in the possession as well.

Chen may not be able to do many of the things that Ski can do he more often does a better job of doing what he is able to do in a possitive manner. I don't have an issue with Tad using Ski. To start with he doesn't have much choice. Chen's game is limited in a way that additional minutes don't neccessarily translate into more production. No other player on the roster currently can provide what Ski does, even if he isn't doing it as well as he could. Ski's talents also justify giving him the chance to develop and improve. , he is one of those few players that if he gets it can be a guy who wins games for you that you otherwise wouldn't win.

unfortunately for virtually all of this year the ski we have had has also been nowhere near this. when it last virtually the entire season it isn't a slump. You can blame his shooting percentage on late shots, etc. But he takes and misses a lot of bad shots early in the possession as well.

^^^^
this

^^^^
this

L Buff, this is quite simple. We do NOT have any legitimate other options. Chen is NOT the answer. We all appreciate Chen, but his role is not Ski's role. Utterly different, a glue guy who scores 2 points a game does not replace a guy who can go off for 20 at any night. It affects defense, etc. We can't be scoring 40 points a game. There is NO option except Ski.

If you bothered to read the thread .. you would know that is NOT what I was arguing (although the definition of "a better basketball player" is incredibly subjective). It was that Ski hasn't performed at a level deserving of the amount of playing time he has received over the past two months, that he has been an overall detriment to our offense during that stretch (while at the same time he is admittedly a strong defensive player), and that just PERHAPS others deserved a little more playing time in his stead.

If you didn't bother reading the thread, then just STFU.

P.S. Oh ... and BTW ... I could give two ****s what opposing fans think. If you do, then I suggest you grow a pair.

Then why did you bring up Chen to prove your point that ski was in a slump? Stop being a gigantic twat and just go sit in the corner and eat a bag of dicks.

No one is disputing Ski takes bad shots. No one is disputing that Ski needs to make more baskets. But playing him less or having him shoot less does nothing to solve the issue. You want to give other guys more minutes, fine. Just explain where the scoring is going to come from.

L Buff, this is quite simple. We do NOT have any legitimate other options. Chen is NOT the answer. We all appreciate Chen, but his role is not Ski's role. Utterly different, a glue guy who scores 2 points a game does not replace a guy who can go off for 20 at any night. It affects defense, etc. We can't be scoring 40 points a game. There is NO option except Ski.

My God ... can anyone actually read and comprehend here? My post just above clearly says that it's not about Ski v. Chen ... it's about Ski getting an inordinate amount of PT and producing way below what a shooting guard on a strong Div I team should be.

And I disagree that there is NO other option. If you don't develop players (e.g., Talton, Stalzer, Adams) by giving them more PT when Booker isn't producing (which let's face it has been the case for almost all of the Pac 12 season) ... then of course you're not going to have an alternative to Ski ... it's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Then why did you bring up Chen to prove your point that ski was in a slump? Stop being a gigantic twat and just go sit in the corner and eat a bag of dicks.

The fact that Ski is "in a slump" (which as Mtn aptly pointed out, when it lasts for two months is not a slump) has nothing to do with Chen. It has to do with the fact that continuing to play someone for the great majority of minutes who has clearly underperformed for virtually the whole conference season sends the wrong message to the rest of the team.

And ... my bag of dicks is empty. Maybe you could lend me yours?

The fact that Ski is "in a slump" (which as Mtn aptly pointed out, when it lasts for two months is not a slump) has nothing to do with Chen. It has to do with the fact that continuing to play someone for the great majority of minutes who has clearly underperformed for virtually the whole conference season sends the wrong message to the rest of the team.

And ... my bag of dicks is empty. Maybe you could lend me yours?

That ackward moment when L Buff asks to eat your dick.

Ski, idk, it just seems like he's thinking the game instead of playing. He's got alot of pressure on him.

Good game and you guys had your hearts out on the floor. Glad to have another relevant program in the Pac-12. Betting you get a 10 seed, which could actually be a blessing.

A troll who talks snack before the game? How novel.

How was I trolling, i was being honest in my desire for Arizona to beat CU on a buzzer beater. The Buffs tried to make that happen, but they couldn't come back to get the score close enough.

It was a good game and I am glad you guys are in the pac-12, but don't let this be confused with trolling. It gets much more complex than that.

Good game and you guys had your hearts out on the floor. Glad to have another relevant program in the Pac-12. Betting you get a 10 seed, which could actually be a blessing.

thank, good luck the rest of the way.

As far as the game overall, I thought it was a gutty effort in a game where Arizona looked like the clearly better team. That over the back call on Roberson was horse**** and sealed the game.

When Dinwiddie flips the switch, it it a sight to behold.

all of this.

For how much young talent Zona has, they are a pretty veteran ball club. Just a matter of time before Dinwiddie does flip that switch, hopefully next week.

I hope the refs give the Mayor the respect he deserves next year. He gets fouled every time he drives.

You can't be serious. Dinwiddie is #10 in the entire country in free throws this year. Out of roughly 5,000 players in D-1 basketball he's tenth in free throws but you don't think the refs are giving him enough calls? I realize that gripping over officiating is a time-honored tradition of sports, but let's try and keep the complaints at least somewhat rational.

You can't be serious. Dinwiddie is #10 in the entire country in free throws this year. Out of roughly 5,000 players in D-1 basketball he's tenth in free throws but you don't think the refs are giving him enough calls? I realize that gripping over officiating is a time-honored tradition of sports, but let's try and keep the complaints at least somewhat rational.

So you agree he could be higher.

Back