What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013 Pac-12 Tournament First and Second Round Thread (the other games)

technical fouls on Carson and Felix, and Anderson and Muhammad following altercation

Nice work guys. way to let this one run down your leg.

Utes up 6, under 2 remaining in OT. :lol:. Yeah a loss drops Cal's RPI. It also gets Cal out of our way for seeding purposes. Nearly assures us a better seed than them. Wouldn't be shocking to see Cal shipped to Dayton for the First Four.

Last edited:
Utes up 6, under 2 remaining in OT. :lol:. Yeah a loss drops Cal's RPI. It also gets Cal out of our way and nearly assures us a better seed than them. Wouldn't be shocking to see Cal shipped to Dayton for the First Four.

At some point somebody is going recognize that Larry Krystkowiak is doing a hell of a job, right? Last year this time this year they were advertising open tryouts in the school newspaper to get enough guys to be able to scrimmage. (true story)

At some point somebody is going recognize that Larry Krystkowiak is doing a hell of a job, right? Last year this time this year they were advertising open tryouts in the school newspaper to get enough guys to be able to scrimmage. (true story)

I've been promoting him. Hell of a job he's doing. Downright amazing the fight the Utes have put up this year. Clearly on the right track. I have my doubts about their ceiling under him, but he is clearly the right man to bring them from oblivion to the brink of respectability. Love the fire he shows, my type of coach. He despises losing more than most, you can sense it -- maybe even as much as CVilleBuff hates it :lol:

Looking further, it is a horrible result for CU. It will probably lower their seed, but on the other hand, it gets them out of the 8-9 game which is a killer in the second round.

Looking further, it is a horrible result for CU. It will probably lower their seed, but on the other hand, it gets them out of the 8-9 game which is a killer in the second round.

That may be the case, although the more I think about it, who the hell knows. Yeah, Cal drops. Just not sure we rise at their expense. Marginal at best, probably.

Agreed, but with Cal at 49, we lose a top 50 win. I'd prefer an 10 or 11 over an 8 or 9.

Maybe losing a top 50 win means we stay in the 10 or 11 range. The safest bet is 10, IMO.

Cal's RPI only fell to 53rd, Oregon is 52. They can both sneak back in the top 50 before Sunday. Cal's resume isn't as sterling as some might think. They had that wonderful run, but they did literally nothing OOC. They currently only have 3 top 50 wins -- Arizona, UCLA, Colorado...but they've swept Oregon. Cal is certainly getting in, but i'll be interested to see where they land. They've now lost at home to Stanford and to Utah. Talk about killing your momentum. This looks like the Cal of December and January again.

Last edited:
I doubt it would actually happen, but what if Utah manages to win the next 2 and take the tournament? Does that steal a bid from one of the 5 P12 schools assumed to be in? Or does the Pac become a 6 bid league?

I doubt it would actually happen, but what if Utah manages to win the next 2 and take the tournament? Does that steal a bid from one of the 5 P12 schools assumed to be in? Or does the Pac become a 6 bid league?

Hard to see anyone getting a bid stolen from them, really. The truth is no Pac-12 teams are really on the bubble at this point. CU, Cal and Oregon fans might all be varying degrees of disappointed and/or pissed off, but none are being left out save a travesty that makes 2011's snub look fair in comparison. Scary thing is Utah has Oregon or Washington next. Not exactly murderer's row. They could conceivably win that and make the final.

Hard to see anyone getting a bid stolen from them, really. The truth is no Pac-12 teams are really on the bubble at this point. CU, Cal and Oregon fans might all be varying degrees of disappointed and/or pissed off, but none are being left out save a travesty that makes 2011's snub look fair in comparison. Scary thing is Utah has Oregon or Washington next. Not exactly murderer's row. They could conceivably win that and make the final.
That's what I'm hoping (no bids "stolen"), but I have a distrust of the selection committee. I'll feel better about all of this once selection day has come and gone and CU is in the dance.

Back