What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013 Pac 12 Tournament to VEGAS, BABY!

Darth Snow

Hawaiian Buffalo
Club Member
Junta Member
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/colleg...sent-stanford-beats-cal-saint-marys-advances/
While I have yet to get confirmation on this, look for the conference to announce in the next few days that it’s taking the postseason show to Las Vegas starting in 2013.

A source told me recently that the options for arenas in the league’s six states were underwhelming — probably not good enough and lucrative enough to entice commissioner Larry Scott to attempt a rotation model over the Las Vegas option. (The Merc’s Mark Purdy tweeted as much Sunday.)
:cheers::beer::devil::eek:k::dance4:

If/when this happens we need to get organized and have a allbuffs party. Maybe we can all stay at the same hotel or at least the same section on the strip.

I'm guessing the CU AD will think twice about paying the way for 50 students to enjoy an all-expense trip to Vegas.

this will be pretty tough for me to go to. I do an annual trip for St Patty's Day every year and it will be tough to swing trips on back to back weeks.

Hmm, so MWC is at UNLV, and the WAC is at the New Orleans.... The only arena left open would be the one at MGM Grand, right?

Hmm, so MWC is at UNLV, and the WAC is at the New Orleans.... The only arena left open would be the one at MGM Grand, right?

From the whispers I have heard, yes. The MGM grand will most likely be hosting the Pac-12 Tournament. At least until some chinese company finished building their new basketball arena on the south end of Vegas.

The nice thing about going to Vegas is that there really isn't an off-season for Las Vegas. Hotels and airfare are pretty much always reasonable.

Hmm, so MWC is at UNLV, and the WCC is at the Orleans.... The only arena left open would be the one at MGM Grand, right?

FIFY, the WCC tournament is at the Orleans, aka St. Mary's plays Gonzaga every year with a special guest participant every 4 years.

FIFY, the WCC tournament is at the Orleans, aka St. Mary's plays Gonzaga every year with a special guest participant every 4 years.

Also the WCC tournament is the week before ours so the Orleans would still be eligible.

PAC at the MGM would be the best thing ever. And don't dare try to move it off the stip - that won't work right. We need to be able to gamble between the games.

The basketball arena I mentioned is part of this proposed complex.
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2011/feb/08/proposal-emerges-build-three-stadium-complex-downt/

I know the article is over a year old, however they just secured a chinese investor that would pay for the basketball arena. This complex could make for some interesting changes in the professional sporting realm. I can guarantee that Vegas would lobby hard to get the super bowl played there often, and the world series to be played there, or the all star game. It will be interesting to see if this project ever gets off the ground.

Edit: Actually the basketball arena "Silver State Arena" has been cleared for construction around middle of 2012 and will be finished in 2014

Last edited:
The basketball arena I mentioned is part of this proposed complex.
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2011/feb/08/proposal-emerges-build-three-stadium-complex-downt/

I know the article is over a year old, however they just secured a chinese investor that would pay for the basketball arena. This complex could make for some interesting changes in the professional sporting realm. I can guarantee that Vegas would lobby hard to get the super bowl played there often, and the world series to be played there, or the all star game. It will be interesting to see if this project ever gets off the ground.

Edit: Actually the basketball arena "Silver State Arena" has been cleared for construction around middle of 2012 and will be finished in 2014

Of poker?

Back