What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013 Spring Game Preview Show

A little confused as to why Schrock is getting so many reps... Is Hirschman tired already?

I'm a bit surprised as to the number of reps by the QBs low on the depth chart, just based on MM's insistence on trimming the competing QBs to 3-4 prior to the spring game. I'm sure Webb's injury has something to do with it, but it doesn't explain why the current number 5 QB is getting so many reps early in the spring game.

Addison Gillam looked good. I like the offense. We have weapons on offense. The defense not so much.

Standouts

WR- Richardson, Spruce, Goodson, Thomas

TE- Fernandez, Irwin

RB- Powell, Jones

QB- Wood, Hirschman

DE- Chidera

LB- Greer, Nogard, Gillam, Tuumalo, Webb

S- Moseley

CB- Crawley, Henderson, Wright, Hunter

Last edited:
Wood looked good, but having the best receiver on the team in P Rich also helps. No clear starter emerged at QB in my opinion. Both guys did good things, Hirschman had 2 TD passes, Wood had a 85 yard bomb to P Rich for a TD.

Had to leave a little early, but it is pretty clear Connor Wood is the best QB on the current roster. Not really all that close either. Also think we are going to see healthy doses of Jeff Thomas and Spruce at WR in addition to PRich this season.

Have to be very concerned with the OL depth though. That might be our ultimate undoing this season.

Wood looked good, but having the best receiver on the team in P Rich also helps. No clear starter emerged at QB in my opinion. Both guys did good things, Hirschman had 2 TD passes, Wood had a 85 yard bomb to P Rich for a TD.

Wood outplayed everyone else since spring break. He is the clear leader going into the spring and fall. Anyone else who thinks otherwise has an agenda.

He is not in my opinion, it is pretty much tied going to the fall.

Was going to ask if you're serious then I remembered it was you saying that. What are your reasons for it being tied other than PRich was on Wood's team?

Thought Wood looked impressive
"Today, 01:47 PM #29
CUAviator

I think Wood is pulling away with the starting job. Disregard the Wood to PRich bomb - Wood has been hitting his receivers' hands and making much better reads v Hirsch overthrows."

i definitely think he pulled away with the job, but at best I would say he looked "good". Impressive....not so much.

CUAviator

I think Wood is pulling away with the starting job. Disregard the Wood to PRich bomb - Wood has been hitting his receivers' hands and making much better reads v Hirsch overthrows."

i definitely think he pulled away with the job, but at best I would say he looked "good". Impressive....not so much.

Probably about right. It is better than the "no one looks good" alternative. We just need Wood to continue to progress throughout this offseason and hopefully we have a QB step up and look like a legit backup in fall practices.

CUAviator

I think he looked impressive because he's playing with poise and confidence, hitting on the deep ball, tucking when he needed to, and just playing overall good smart football.

And impressive is all relative. I'm terrified of our OL depth though.

Last edited:
Have to agree with the majority. Wood solidified being #1 in my book. No bad throws. Threw the ball OOB when nothing was there. Didn't force anything. Was putting balls where only the O could make a play. Probably had 3 big bombs to PRich that should have been caught.

Also, his delivery is much faster than Hirshman. They also didn't run with Wood (probably purposefully with the spring game televised).

PRich will get his hands back. Not worried. Was worried when they had him return that punt though. Hopefully he won't have to be back there. Would like to see what Hall could do as a returner.

Crawley looked good. Never out of position that I could see. With a better understanding of the schemes, he could play a little more aggression.

Nembot stood out to me. Really used his wingspan well, and is lightyears ahead in his pass pro compaired to last year.

Reid needs to gain about 30 pounds. Greer had a good hit, but is still very tentative with his run reads.

Safety play was almost non-existant. Hopefully Mosley can get his head on strait and get on the 2-deep.

OL depth is scary. Would like to see them pursue a JuCo.

Powell was a monster. Do not envy anyone that has to tackle him.

Reactions: aik
I think you are as biased as BB given Wood played on the Gold team.

Also basically no pass rush from the defense. I would not name a starter right now. Let both guys push each other, take equal reps. If Wood wins the job in the fall, you have a capable backup ready to step in if Wood gets rattled in games again.

Also basically no pass rush from the defense. I would not name a starter right now. Let both guys push each other, take equal reps. If Wood wins the job in the fall, you have a capable backup ready to step in if Wood gets rattled in games again.

Love the question avoidance maneuver

Equal reps helps very little in the long run. Wood will be the #1 QB entering fall, as it should be.

[video=youtube;f7Pc_nd4kIc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=f7Pc_nd4kIc[/video]

Equal reps helps very little in the long run. Wood will be the #1 QB entering fall, as it should be.

That would be a big mistake by Coach Mac. I still have my doubts on both QBs. I won't be shocked if a Juco QB is added. I wasn't blown away by Wood performance. What I saw today was P Rich man handling the secondary. No pass rush whatsoever and no defensive game plan to stop Wood and Hirschman. I saw a defense that lacks talent. I saw Wood miss some deep throw. I saw both QB miss on deep routes.

That would be a big mistake by Coach Mac. I still have my doubts on both QBs. I won't be shocked if a Juco QB is added. I wasn't blown away by Wood performance. What I saw today was P Rich man handling the secondary. No pass rush whatsoever and no defensive game plan to stop Wood and Hirschman. I saw a defense that lacks talent. I saw Wood miss some deep throw. I saw both QB miss on deep routes.

PRich got hands on 4/5 long throws. Caught one.

The big thing I think you're forgetting is that HCMM likes a QB that can move. Wood can scoot. Hirschman, not so much.

I saw Peyton Manning miss some deep throws this year too. What'd expect out of Wood today? No one is perfect, but he looked calm in the pocket has great arm strength made many good throws. He is the leader right now. No question about it.

I saw Peyton Manning miss some deep throws this year too. What'd expect out of Wood today? No one is perfect, but he looked calm in the pocket has great arm strength made many good throws. He is the leader right now. No question about it.

Oh ok lol. Wood throws a pretty pass no doubt about that. But anyone can look comfortable with no pass rush.

Oh ok lol. Wood throws a pretty pass no doubt about that. But anyone can look comfortable with no pass rush.
Sadly yes. See ElCunado's bottom line quote above.

*this is actually the quote:
“Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.”
― Mike Tyson

For those who were there, can I get a little more on Dillon. Obviously he sounds like he was at best the third QB out there, but what is it: decision making, accuracy, arm strength?

For those who were there, can I get a little more on Dillon. Obviously he sounds like he was at best the third QB out there, but what is it: decision making, accuracy, arm strength?
Not from today but I saw on Rivals the other day a quote from MM that basically says that Dillon's big issue is footwork which really affects his consistency

Back