What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013 Starting QB?

Webb starting with Dillon/Sefo getting some drives imo. Hirsch was not good. 8 INT's is not acceptable in basically 1.5 games. He isn't exactly young either, 3 years in the program and he was an EE as well, so youth shouldn't be an excuse. Most of his INT's weren't really "mistakes" either. They were due to complete lack of arm strength/slow release and throwing sky high bombs. That can't really be fixed with experience, plus he is a statue

not_sure_if_serious_8_zpsaaa576d7.jpg

Webb starting with Dillon/Sefo getting some drives imo. Hirsch was not good. 8 INT's is not acceptable in basically 1.5 games. He isn't exactly young either, 3 years in the program and he was an EE as well, so youth shouldn't be an excuse. Most of his INT's weren't really "mistakes" either. They were due to complete lack of arm strength/slow release and throwing sky high bombs. That can't really be fixed with experience, plus he is a statue

Lol how in the hell can you say Webb should start?

Lol how in the hell can you say Webb should start?

He will start while we ease Dillon or Sefo into the fold. Webb isn't good, but he is still better than Hirchman imo. One thing is for sure, Lindgren has his work cut out for him in his pass happy O

He will start while we ease Dillon or Sefo into the fold. Webb isn't good, but he is still better than Hirchman imo. One thing is for sure, Lindgren has his work cut out for him in his pass happy O

Webb doesn't have the ability to make the throws needed and he's not quick enough to make the needed decisions. There is not a reason in hell Webb should step on the field other than to hold for a FG or PAT. He's awful. Dillon or Sefo need to get all the snaps this year baring an injury or blow out in our favor.

Webb doesn't have the ability to make the throws needed and he's not quick enough to make the needed decisions. There is not a reason in hell Webb should step on the field other than to hold for a FG or PAT. He's awful. Dillon or Sefo need to get all the snaps this year baring an injury or blow out in our favor.

Webb will still start the non-conf schedule so we can start off with some W's (sounds like last year). I'd be pretty surprised to not see Dillon starting towards teh end of the year. I'm not comfortable with Dillon starting early with the more winnable games. Like it or not, Webb didn't really have anything to work with all season. He just needs to get rid of the ball earlier (hopefully adding Prich and more experienced OL/WR's will help here)

Webb will still start the non-conf schedule so we can start off with some W's (sounds like last year). I'd be pretty surprised to not see Dillon starting towards teh end of the year. I'm not comfortable with Dillon starting early with the more winnable games. Like it or not, Webb didn't really have anything to work with all season. He just needs to get rid of the ball earlier (hopefully adding Prich and more experienced OL/WR's will help here)
Yes, cause that worked SO WELL this year.

Wouldn't you want to use the non-conference portion of the schedule to "ease" in your RF QB, not your old QB who performed very poorly the year before?

Yes, cause that worked SO WELL this year.

ya ya I agree. But we also only had like 10 total receptions returning and less than 400 yards rushing last year, basically the least experienced Offense ever. I'm still wait and see on Dillon, all back up QB's are popular (just like Wood, Ballenger, Hirchman etc)

Wouldn't you want to use the non-conference portion of the schedule to "ease" in your RF QB, not your old QB who performed very poorly the year before?

Sure, but not if it means sacrificing 1-2 wins (assuming). And yes I know I'm crazy here.

Webb is ****ing horrible dude, what redeeming qualities does he bring?

-weak arm
-inaccurate even on short throws
-rattled easily
-doesn't get the ball out quickly
-mobility is marginal at best
-dominates practice apparently

Webb is ****ing horrible dude, what redeeming qualities does he bring?

-weak arm
-inaccurate even on short throws
-rattled easily
-doesn't get the ball out quickly
-mobility is marginal at best
-dominates practice apparently

Who do you want then? I'm ok with Dillon if he actually shows something this Spring. But we hear this about our back-up QB's every year. Hopefully it will be different this time... I'm cautiously optimistic at this time

Hirsch isn't great - but I thought the offense looked a helluva lot better last year with him at the helm compared to the other QBs

Who do you want then? I'm ok with Dillon if he actually shows something this Spring. But we hear this about our back-up QB's every year. Hopefully it will be different this time... I'm cautiously optimistic at this time

Dillon. QB's who have worked out with Whitfield have been doing pretty good recently.

I want Dillon, but you're right, sometimes it just isn't what we're hoping for. Out of the 3 that played last year (Webb, Wood, Hirschman) I'd go with Hirschman, the offense at least moved the ball with him in. If he's starting, I'm looking for a 3-4 win season at best, though.

I think it is going to be an open competition.

Dillon at 25 percent with the most upside
Webb at 20 percent with the most experience
Hirsch at 25 percent with the best fit for Pistol immediately
Sefo at 15 percent with the best fit for the Pistol in the future
Wood at 15 percent with the best overall athletic ability

I think it is going to be an open competition.

Dillon at 25 percent with the most upside
Webb at 20 percent with the most experience
Hirsch at 25 percent with the best fit for Pistol immediately
Sefo at 15 percent with the best fit for the Pistol in the future
Wood at 15 percent with the best overall athletic ability

Webb has no shot

Webb had better not have a shot

fify

Coaches sometimes make decisions that don't make sense to anyone but them. Embree picked Webb based on what he did in practice and stuck with him even when it was obvious that whatever he was doing right in practice wasn't translating into performance in games.

To me Hirsch looked like the better decision maker and more polished but Wood looks much more physically talented. My hope is that with different coaching they can take advantage of Woods physical talent. What I have seen from Hirsch doesn't show me that he will ever be more than servicable, and with our lack of talent at other positions that isn't good enough.

Wood may never develop, so far he hasn't shown the mental/emotional aspect of the game. To me though he is the one we have seen so far with the physical gifts to be a difference maker. If Dillon jumps in and takes the job then it won't matter but I am tired of "game managers" who just aren't good enough and to me Hirsch just isn't good enough.

Which game do you see this physical talent shine through? From what I saw Hirshchman looked as Physically talented as Wood - what exact attributes are you talking about?

Here are the QB ratings...Remember that Wood got all the snaps last spring and still could not distinguish himself.

Hirschman 104.4, Webb 103.7, Wood 91.8, Schrock 158.8

The advantages that Webb and Hirsch would have based on experience are reduced by the fact that we are looking at a whole new offense and a whole new coaching staff with their own terminology. Everyone will be starting from zero in terms of knowing the system.

Webb and Hirsch will have the advantage of having learned new systems before but this is not the same as having a grasp on the system.

Sometimes coaches also want to change the climate and will prefer not to go with the previous staffs "guy" which in this case would be Webb.

Also if they are looking to the future there may be some hesitancy to devote a lot of time working a guy who is going to be gone the next year.

Which game do you see this physical talent shine through? From what I saw Hirshchman looked as Physically talented as Wood - what exact attributes are you talking about?

Here are the QB ratings...Remember that Wood got all the snaps last spring and still could not distinguish himself.

Hirschman 104.4, Webb 103.7, Wood 91.8, Schrock 158.8

From what we have seen on the field so far no question that Hirsch is more skilled but Wood looks to be stronger, faster, and more mobile based on the little we have seen and his recruiting vids, etc.. He still has to do something with it, my hope is that with a different staff and some maturity he develops into those athletic atributes. Doesn't mean a lot now but remember that Wood was very highly rated coming out of HS. Wood could end up as one of those guys who never meets expectations but if he does I see his ceiling as way higher than Hirsch.

I also don't trust Hirsch's feet. He has broken both of them and it seems like once guys start having problems with their feet the rate of re-injury if very high. I certainly hope for his sake that this doesn't happen to him but it is a consideration.

Back