What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013 U$C @ Colorado football game thread

What do they keep saying about USC #89? I assumed it was an eligible receiver but that isn't what they were saying and once it was said on a punt.

What do they keep saying about USC #89? I assumed it was an eligible receiver but that isn't what they were saying and once it was said on a punt.

Still lined up as an eligible in the punt formation. What is strange is that 89 is a reciever number so shouldn't have to announce that.

You've got to kneel that down there. Why the hell would you bring that out? Think maybe USC's kickoff coverage team doesn't have the speed to get down field? Dumb.

Offense totally ****ting the bed.

Not making plays. Dropped passes are killing us. USC's speed & talent is going to cause us to lose on a lot of plays, but we're not making the ones that are there.

Not making plays. Dropped passes are killing us. USC's speed & talent is going to cause us to lose on a lot of plays, but we're not making the ones that are there.

Yes. Frustrating because the plays have been there.

Sefo? WTF? You had Spruce on the deep route over there. Locked on to the underneath guy. Freshmen QBs drive me crazy sometimes.

Sefo? WTF? You had Spruce on the deep route over there. Locked on to the underneath guy. Freshmen QBs drive me crazy sometimes.

I want to see a monumental difference in the Sefo of November 2014 compared to today or I will start to question bringing Lindgren here with the lack of experience. Pulling a redshirt and making a true frosh the starter midseason gives the staff an excuse for now but I don't want to see Sefo making anywhere close to that kind of decision to throw it there in a year.

Flashbacks of the Washington game. If someone on this CU team doesn't get mad in the second half it's going to be a runaway train to losing by the same margin Cal did today.

If they're not aggressive on offense here, I'll be pissed.

And we run the dive.

USC didn't even show up and we're getting our ass kicked. Our offense wouldnt score against a stiff wind.

Gawd. We are sooooo far from being anywhere close to competing with anybody besides Cal. And without their injuries, they would have beat us too.

Totally reminds me of a BJax team. Defense holds on while the offense bumbles and stumbles until they can't anymore and then the game is over. ****.

What? I thought numbers have nothing to do with it.

By the NCAA rules numbers between 50 - 79 are ineligible and may not line up in an eligible position at any time.

In the NFL they may but it must be announced.

As I was thinking about this I think what is happening is that they are announcing the number and the name because a player who is on the official roster as an ineligible number is wearing an eligible number on these plays.

Defense in the first half:

2.2 yards per carry
7.3 yards per pass
206 total yards

You can absolutely win with those stats.

But then we look at our offense:

2.1 yards per carry
2.9 yards per pass
73 total yards

Throw in -2 in the turnover department and a safety off a blocked punt and you get what we have here.

Sefo made two terrible plays that really completely changed the way the game was looking.

The interception he threw, yeah, that sucked. But if the first one you're talking about is his fumble when the defensive end totally went around Nembot, and then Nembot stood around after the fumble like he had no idea what to do about a loose ball ... I put that on Nembot. Sorry to say it ... but he seems to be a very large waste of space. :huh:

I want to see a monumental difference in the Sefo of November 2014 compared to today or I will start to question bringing Lindgren here with the lack of experience. Pulling a redshirt and making a true frosh the starter midseason gives the staff an excuse for now but I don't want to see Sefo making anywhere close to that kind of decision to throw it there in a year.

Isn't it normally the case that the WR is six inches taller than the DB rather than the other way around?

Defense is playing great. Now if we can just get the O to take its head out of its collective ass ... we might have a game.

Isn't it normally the case that the WR is six inches taller than the DB rather than the other way around?

Yes, however I think DD works best when he is in space or has beaten his defender down the field. Throwing to him to the sideline where the defender could very easily get in front of DD was not one of the safer decisions that could've been made on that throw. And yes, Sefo is young. I just hope in that exact same scenario next year he chooses to run, throw the ball away, or target that throw over Spruce's direction. Anything but expect a 5'6" converted RB to come back toward the ball with a man on him.

Back