What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014-15 Colorado Women's Basketball Roster & Schedule

Goose

Hoops Moderator
Club Member
Junta Member
2014 Roster
Position
Senior
Junior
Sophomore
Freshman

Totals
Commitments
GuardLexy Kresl
Jasmine Sborov
Brecca Thomas3 Scholarship
1 Walk On
Kennedy Leonard
Alexis Robinson
WingLauren Huggins*
Haley Smith
2 Scholarship
0 Walk On
Monica Burich
ForwardJen ReeseArielle Roberson*
Jamee Swan
Zoe Beard-FailsAlina Hartmann5 Scholarship
0 Walk On
Makenzie Ellis
PostZoe Correal
Briana Watts*
2 Scholarship
0 Walk On
Totals3 Scholarship
0 Walk On
2 Scholarship
1 Walk On
3 Scholarship
0 Walk On
4 Scholarship
0 Walk On
13 Scholarship
1 Walk On
4 Scholarship
0 Walk On
* = RedshirtedItalics = Walk OnOfficial CU Roster

DateOpponentLocationTime (MST)MediaResult
Saturday, November 8th, 2014CSU Pueblo (Exhibition)Boulder, CO6:00 pmP12 OnlineW (90-57)
Saturday, November 15th, 2014North Dakota#Boulder, CO6:00 pmP12 OnlineW (68-59)
Monday, November 17th, 2014Western Kentucky#Boulder, CO7:00 pmL (78-79)
Saturday, November 22nd, 2014Arkansas StateBoulder, CO6:00 pmW (80-69)
Tuesday, November 25th, 2014DenverDenver, CO7:00 pmROOTW (77-49)
Friday, November 28th, 2014Missouri State##Boulder, CO7:30 pmP12 OnlineW (87-59)
Saturday, November 29th 2014Colorado StateBoulder, CO7:30 pmW (87-81) 2OT
Friday, December 5th, 2014San Jose StateBoulder, CO11:00 amP12 OnlineW (97-89) OT
Sunday, December 7th, 2014IowaIowa City, IA1:00 pmL (63-78)
Friday, December 12th, 2014MissouriColumbia, MO6:00 pmL (50-53)
Sunday, December 21st, 2014WyomingBoulder, CO2:00 pmP12 OnlineW (76-71)
Tuesday, December 30th, 2014Long Beach StateBoulder, CO7:00 pmP12 OnlineL (56-62)
Saturday, January 3rd, 2015StanfordPalo Alto, CA8:00 pmP12L (55-62)
Monday, January 5th, 2015CaliforniaBerkeley, CA8:00 pmP12L (59-75)
Friday, January 9th, 2015USCBoulder, CO8:00 pmP12L (61-81)
Sunday, January 11th, 2015UCLABoulder, CO2:00 pmP12L (84-90)
Wednesday, January 14th, 2015UtahBoulder, CO7:00 pmP12W (77-72) OT
Sunday, January 18th, 2015UtahSalt Lake City, UTNoonP12W (73-54)
Friday, January 23rd, 2015WashingtonSeattle, WA8:00 pmP12L (82-85)
Sunday, January 25th, 2015Washington StatePullman, WA2:00 pmP12L (68-73)
Friday, January 30th, 2015Arizona StateBoulder, CO7:00 pmP12 Online
Sunday, February 1st, 2015ArizonaBoulder, CO11:00 amP12
Friday, February 6th, 2015UCLALos Angeles, CATBATBA
Sunday, February 8th, 2015USCLos Angeles, CA1:00 pmP12
Friday, February 13th, 2015Washington StateBoulder, CO7:00 pmP12 Online
Sunday, February 15th, 2015WashingtonBoulder, CO5:30 pmP12 Online
Friday, February 20th, 2015Oregon StateBoulder, CO6:30 pmP12
Sunday, February 22nd, 2015OregonBoulder, CO2:00 pmP12 Online
Friday, February 27th, 2015ArizonaTucson, AZ6:00 pmP12
Sunday, March 1st, 2015Arizona StateTempe, AZTBATBA

# - Preseason NIT
## - Omni Hotels Classic

More luv from Goose for WBB!! Thanks, man. One correction ... Alexus Atchley is no longer at CU. In fact, she wasn't at CU last season either. She is actually on the roster at Washington! And I would not be surprised if Bri Watts is a redshirt freshman next season since she did not play at all this past season. Plus, just to be nit-picky, Freshmen column has 3 scholarship players, not 2.

More luv from Goose for WBB!! Thanks, man. One correction ... Alexus Atchley is no longer at CU. In fact, she wasn't at CU last season either. She is actually on the roster at Washington! And I would not be surprised if Bri Watts is a redshirt freshman next season since she did not play at all this past season. Plus, just to be nit-picky, Freshmen column has 3 scholarship players, not 2.

1.) COMPLETELY missed on Atchley. My bad. Thank you.
2.) I actually made a note to check the roster on Watts, but then spaced it out because, well, I'm dumb. So thank you.
3.) Math is hard.

EDIT - and Watts redshirting helps our class balance a bit. So that's nice.

Atchley is on scholarship at Washington.

Having Bri as a redshirt freshmen does help the class balance. Now to get Jasmine healthy and keep Jen, Arielle and all the players healthy.

Thinking of making my flight reservation for the Coors Classic soon. Made hotel and car reservation tonight before the cost on the car is higher than the hotel.

Iowa has released it's non-conference schedule. Colorado will play Iowa in Iowa City on Sunday, December 7 and I plan on being there. Road trip of about 90 minutes!

:gobuffs:

Barring flight cancellations, I will be in Boulder for the Omni Classic. I will also be in Iowa City for the Iowa game. Barring a blizzard, I will go to the Missouri game. Didn't have any games last season within driving distance for me.

I would like to have seen some tougher teams on the non-conference schedule. They need to play tough teams to get ready for the Pac 12 and this schedule really doesn't cut it.

Iowa will be a tough game. CU barely beat them last year in Boulder and Iowa got much better as the season progressed. I know we had a lot of injuries, but we didn't improve much.

Missouri is a better team than when they played in the Big 12. Really hoping I get to see an Omni Classic title and two road wins.

It about killed me last year to not see the team play in person.

:gobuffs:

Need to make one more addition to the verbals for the class of '15, Makenzie Ellis of Tulsa, OK, Booker T. Washington HS - a 6-1 wing. She's getting some tremendous reviews this July.

I am not sure what to make of the non-conference schedule this season. If it were a last year I would be thinking it's a bit too easy. But with the way the team struggled in conference play they may need a healthy dose of confidence building to get them back to the NCAA tourney. It's hard to get a feel for how challenging the pre-season WNIT is going to be as the "name" teams (WVA & PSU) have graduated a lot of players from last season. It could be a very wide open tourney.

Interesting to see CSU playing in CU's tourney. And they are facing TCU which under their previous coach (Jeff Mittie) had built a solid program. There are now two CU connections with TCU - former CU great Reagan (Scott) Pebley is the new head coach and once Mittie left TCU Makenzie Ellis chose the Buffs :).

Need to make one more addition to the verbals for the class of '15, Makenzie Ellis of Tulsa, OK, Booker T. Washington HS - a 6-1 wing. She's getting some tremendous reviews this July.........

Mark.....Can you post any links to these July reviews? I have been checking for anything about the Buffs 2015 verbals but haven't found any. Thanks.

Mark.....Can you post any links to these July reviews? I have been checking for anything about the Buffs 2015 verbals but haven't found any. Thanks.

Will do, go to her thread for some quotes and video.

Sounds like the WBB conference schedule will finally be announced tomorrow evening ... same kind of show as P12 Network did last Monday for the MBB schedule.

Sounds like the WBB conference schedule will finally be announced tomorrow evening ... same kind of show as P12 Network did last Monday for the MBB schedule.

Allsome.

I'm still upset they went away from the mirror schedules of what the men did. That was really easy for idots like myself to keep track of everything.

Looks like one of the reasons they can't do the mirror schedule anymore is the separation of the tournaments. I think the WBB tourney will start while the MBB are wrapping up the regular season.

Ugh. Opening with Stanford? Brutal.

And immediately followed by Cal, who usual will be challenging as well. Good news is that near the end of the season they have four consecutive games at home before finishing on the road in Arizona.

Well, this year Stanford may be the most vulnerable it has been in years.....no Ogumike sister any more ruling the paint.

Well, this year Stanford may be the most vulnerable it has been in years.....no Ogumike sister any more ruling the paint.

"Vulnerable" is relative in Stanford's case given how they've dominated Pac 12 play. But perhaps they will loss multiple conference games this season :).

I'm not sure CU is ready to compete with them at this time.

Not sure CU is ready to compete with Stanford at Stanford yet. We can beat anybody at home if the team decides to.

Bri Watts is listed as a sophomore in the Media Guide and I am told she was listed as a sophomore on the card given out on Friday. Does anybody know if she did redshirt?

Thank you. A friend had noticed that at the game. She mentioned it to me yesterday so I looked in the Media Guide. Bri is shown as a sophomore in the Media Guide.

She certainly didn't play in any games last season.

"2013-14 (Freshman): Did not appear in a game, but was a full participant in practice and was a valuable member of the scout team as the Buffaloes prepared for upcoming opponents." - From her profile on the official site. Interesting that it doesn't say "redshirt."

And the Media Guide lists her as a sophomore. Shows her winning a letter as a freshmen, which is unusual if you don't play a minute.

cubuffs.com says:

Zoom.gif

#3 Bri Watts
Position:Center
Height:6'2"
Year:Sophomore
Hometown:Fresno, Calif.
High School:Clovis West
Experience:1 Letter

Back