What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014-15 CU vs Arizona Basketball Preview #1 - ... and now to Tucson

RSSBot

News Junkie
Take a deep breath. *Have a seat. *Relax. *I just want you calmed before presenting the possibility that Xavier Johnson and Josh Scott, two critical legs of CU's big three, might be out of the action tonight.

*wince*

Of course, as I talked about on Tuesday, XJ is dealing with a high ankle sprain suffered in game against the Utes. *I didn't expect him back tonight, but, at the dawn of the annual march to Tucson, it's a little daunting to realize Colorado's bubbly leader, the straw that stirred the rivalry stew last year, will be MIA.

Scott's story is a little more complicated. *His return to action in Utah after missing two games with back spasms seems to have been a little premature, as he struggled to fight through the pain, only attempting three shots (all missed) in the game. *Apparently, in the wake of that effort, Josh has been left out of practices, leaving his availability for tonight up in the air. *As the Daily Camera reported, he's been fighting his back since before Honolulu (the plane flights couldn't have helped), so more time away from the court could be needed.

Colorado is already facing an uphill battle entering the valley of the beast. *If the Buffs have to play tonight without either Big X or Jelly, it's going to get rough in a hurry. *I just have a hard time picturing where the scoring will come from in their absence. *I've been wrong before, but, pending a surprise roster announcement this afternoon, I'm pretty pessimistic headed into this one.

--

Tip off from the newly renovated McKale Center is set for 7pm this evening. *Proving that broadcast schedules shouldn't be chosen in August, television coverage can be found on ESPN: the Mothership. On the call are Walton, Pasch and Jay Bilas... well, if it's going to be a blowout, at least it'll be a well-covered one. If, however, you hate the World of Walton (most likely because you hate freedom), Mark Johnson will have the impassioned descriptions on 850 KOA.

Click below for the preview...

Read more »
CD66cqlWM8w

Take a deep breath. *Have a seat. *Relax. *I just want you calmed before presenting the possibility that Xavier Johnson and Josh Scott, two critical legs of CU's big three, might be out of the action tonight.

*wince*

Of course, as I talked about on Tuesday, XJ is dealing with a high ankle sprain suffered in game against the Utes. *I didn't expect him back tonight, but, at the dawn of the annual march to Tucson, it's a little daunting to realize Colorado's bubbly leader, the straw that stirred the rivalry stew last year, will be MIA.

Scott's story is a little more complicated. *His return to action in Utah after missing two games with back spasms seems to have been a little premature, as he struggled to fight through the pain, only attempting three shots (all missed) in the game. *Apparently, in the wake of that effort, Josh has been left out of practices, leaving his availability for tonight up in the air. *As the Daily Camera reported, he's been fighting his back since before Honolulu (the plane flights couldn't have helped), so more time away from the court could be needed.

Colorado is already facing an uphill battle entering the valley of the beast. *If the Buffs have to play tonight without either Big X or Jelly, it's going to get rough in a hurry. *I just have a hard time picturing where the scoring will come from in their absence. *I've been wrong before, but, pending a surprise roster announcement this afternoon, I'm pretty pessimistic headed into this one.

--

Tip off from the newly renovated McKale Center is set for 7pm this evening. *Proving that broadcast schedules shouldn't be chosen in August, television coverage can be found on ESPN: the Mothership. On the call are Walton, Pasch and Jay Bilas... well, if it's going to be a blowout, at least it'll be a well-covered one. If, however, you hate the World of Walton (most likely because you hate freedom), Mark Johnson will have the impassioned descriptions on 850 KOA.

Click below for the preview...

Read more »
CD66cqlWM8w

Originally posted by The Rumblings of a Deranged Buffalo
Click here to view the article.

Back