1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The admins are aware of site instability throughout the day today. We have our crack technical staff checking it out, but it is probably the Russians. If you are having any specific issues, please post them to the Customer Service Support Forums and we will get to them in the next 24 to 48 weeks. Thank You

2014-15 CU vs CSU Basketball Preview: Return of the Blackout

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Dec 10, 2014.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

This is a friendly reminder that, while I don't give two ****s about any other sports they may play, I heartily acknowledge and encourage the understanding that, not only does CSU have a good basketball program, they are, unequivocally, a rival for the Buffs. *It's the nature of the beast in college basketball, you need regional, out-of-conference rivals to spice up November and December, and the Rams fit the bill to a 'T.' They're a decent RPI prize, a draw at the gate, and an opponent that will push the team. *What more could you ask for?

While I patiently wait the return of Nebraska to the football schedule, I look forward to the energy of the crowd tonight as they watch the two best teams in the state duke it out. *I'm actually excited to welcome the Rams to Boulder this evening - imagine that! *I've been at each iteration of this tilt since 2006, and rarely has it failed to entertain. *Can't wait, let's get it on!

--

Niceties aside, **** those guys. ***** 'em, **** 'em, **** 'em. *The Buffs need this win, bad, and they're going to have to go through those ****-heels to get this season back on track. *Daggers drawn, blood in the water, I expect a brawl. *Whatever it takes!

It's important to note that tonight is a BLACK OUT, so you should wear some. *Don't have any black? *No worries, because the athletic department is handing out 10,000 black t-shirts. If there was ever a time when we needed the blackout mojo, it was for this one. *I don't want to think of the consequences should the Buffs fail to convert this game into a win... That means BuffNation needs to step up. *This ain't Lipscomb, my friends, we need the return of the best home court advantage in the West. *Loud and proud!

Tip off from the roiling Keg is set for 7pm. *See, unlike little brother, we hold our rivalry games at a reasonable hour, to let all who can attend without breaking traffic laws, or running over pedestrians. We also give away parking spots for free, like civilized adults. *The Rams, heathens and charlatans, move the times up to 6, and make you pay $5 (if they don't 'run out of spots'). *I guess that's the difference between a flagship university, and a glorified University of Phoenix Online; we respect our patrons. *
    Anyways, CU is suggesting that you arrive early, as traffic flow in and out of campus will be rough with rush hour, classes getting out, etc. *The Club Room and the lots open at 5pm, with the main gates opening at 6. *There's also free shuttle from East Campus, should you not want to fight the 36 mess - again, respecting our patrons.
    For those without tickets, the action will be televised on Pac-12 Networks. *The radio call is on 850 KOA. *Mark Johnson!

Click below for the preview...

Read more »[​IMG]

This is a friendly reminder that, while I don't give two ****s about any other sports they may play, I heartily acknowledge and encourage the understanding that, not only does CSU have a good basketball program, they are, unequivocally, a rival for the Buffs. *It's the nature of the beast in college basketball, you need regional, out-of-conference rivals to spice up November and December, and the Rams fit the bill to a 'T.' They're a decent RPI prize, a draw at the gate, and an opponent that will push the team. *What more could you ask for?

While I patiently wait the return of Nebraska to the football schedule, I look forward to the energy of the crowd tonight as they watch the two best teams in the state duke it out. *I'm actually excited to welcome the Rams to Boulder this evening - imagine that! *I've been at each iteration of this tilt since 2006, and rarely has it failed to entertain. *Can't wait, let's get it on!

--

Niceties aside, **** those guys. ***** 'em, **** 'em, **** 'em. *The Buffs need this win, bad, and they're going to have to go through those ****-heels to get this season back on track. *Daggers drawn, blood in the water, I expect a brawl. *Whatever it takes!

It's important to note that tonight is a BLACK OUT, so you should wear some. *Don't have any black? *No worries, because the athletic department is handing out 10,000 black t-shirts. If there was ever a time when we needed the blackout mojo, it was for this one. *I don't want to think of the consequences should the Buffs fail to convert this game into a win... That means BuffNation needs to step up. *This ain't Lipscomb, my friends, we need the return of the best home court advantage in the West. *Loud and proud!

Tip off from the roiling Keg is set for 7pm. *See, unlike little brother, we hold our rivalry games at a reasonable hour, to let all who can attend without breaking traffic laws, or running over pedestrians. We also give away parking spots for free, like civilized adults. *The Rams, heathens and charlatans, move the times up to 6, and make you pay $5 (if they don't 'run out of spots'). *I guess that's the difference between a flagship university, and a glorified University of Phoenix Online; we respect our patrons. *
    Anyways, CU is suggesting that you arrive early, as traffic flow in and out of campus will be rough with rush hour, classes getting out, etc. *The Club Room and the lots open at 5pm, with the main gates opening at 6. *There's also free shuttle from East Campus, should you not want to fight the 36 mess - again, respecting our patrons.
    For those without tickets, the action will be televised on Pac-12 Networks. *The radio call is on 850 KOA. *Mark Johnson!

Click below for the preview...

Read more »[​IMG]

Originally posted by The Rumblings of a Deranged Buffalo
    Click here to view the article.