What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014 Official Uniform Thread

The black pants were introduced for the 1988 season. Walk-on tight end Billy Johnson wore them for the first time at a Thursday pre-game meeting before the Iowa game. It was one of Sal's big comeback victories from that season.

Bn86DN8CUAET_RU.png

I never thought I would say I like something from NCState, but I like that helmet

I have never been a fan of the chrome gold on football helmets, but the CU Men's Lacrosse helmets may change my mind. The matte black with the chrome gold looks pretty bad ass.

BmrAsDlIAAE3Nme.jpg

I have never been a fan of the chrome gold on football helmets, but the CU Men's Lacrosse helmets may change my mind. The matte black with the chrome gold looks pretty bad ass.

View attachment 14234

Wait, why are the lacrosse helmets better than the football helmets? Is it because they win national championships?

***Although in general I'm still a fan of tradition unis (across all of college football).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wait, why are the lacrosse helmets better than the football helmets? Is it because they win national championships?

***Although in general I'm still a fan of tradition unis (across all of college football).

Because Embree didn't have any influence. Lax having sick uniforms/helmets is not surprising at all given the culture.

View attachment 14234

Beautiful. This is what many of us have being arguing for for a loooooong time. I hope that even thought we aren't changing uniforms next year we can get helmets like this, except with a golden buffalo on them

Beautiful. This is what many of us have being arguing for for a loooooong time. I hope that even thought we aren't changing uniforms next year we can get helmets like this, except with a golden buffalo on them

Doubt we see new helmets this year but you never know, I hope to never see those shiny black helmets again.

It is on the other side lol.

No it isn't. The other side is their number. There's a small Ralphie logo on the back.

Sorry, I thought this helmet was the actual one. They must have moved the logo as a promo for the game.
BlNJU6jCcAAeTOE.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, I thought this helmet was the actual one. They must have moved the logo as a promo for the game.
View attachment 14235

Yea, I'm still trying to figure out where those came from. I would prefer the Ralphie on the right side with the numbers on the back. Last year, we had an oversized Ralphie logo on a regular black helmet, which was ok, but with the matte would look fantastic. We couldn't do it for lacrosse. Last year it was a wrap, which would make the matte helmets pointless. For lacrosse, it's too many man hours to pull off that stencil. As it is, we started our season with black helmets and no graphics. They also matched our black jerseys well. Our jerseys were black with stencil outline numbers, not solid gold. A pain in the ass to make out when watching the game, but I heard from multiple teams that 55 guys getting off the bus in all black was intimidating.

If you can pull it up, here's a sort of look at what they looked like from the right and back:
https://www.facebook.com/ColoradoMe...10521852392/10152110665602393/?type=3&theater

This

COMMENTARY
How to make college football better
Originally Published: June 2, 2014
By ESPN.com
http://espn.go.com/college-football...ngs-look-forward-2014-college-football-season

3. A man's got to know his limitations
Leonardo da Vinci didn't paint an alternate version of "Mona Lisa" with a frown. Vermeer didn't paint "Girl With a Diamond Earring." Grant Wood's "American Gothic" doesn't feature the farmer holding a saxophone. Some things you don't mess with, like certain football unis. Alternate jersey and helmet logos are fine. Sometimes they're even better than the primary outfits. But under no circumstances -- the penalty being the offender has to do the Oklahoma drill, against actual OU players -- should the following programs ever change their helmet logos: Oklahoma, USC, Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, SMU, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Texas, TCU, Fresno State, Colorado and Notre Dame.

I have been watching NC baseball playoffs recently and thought it funny how these schools can get such talent with those traditional uniforms.

I can't decide whether that new Oklahoma red helmet looks more like the paneling in my 70s basement or more like a rental bowling ball.

Back