What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014 Oregon Ducks @ Colorado Basketball Game thread

I hadn't watched Oregon before tonight....that is a VERY good team. That was a GREAT victory for the Buffs.

Boyle told Dotson not to foul when Dotson was mouthing off to him

Oregon is far, far from "overrated." They are damned good. I enjoyed the "sha na na na, sha na na na, hey-ay, good night" chant. The "OVER....RATED" chant, not so much.

Reading the first six or so pages of this thread I would have thought the Buffs lost the game and played terribly. Great win Buffs!

Oregon looked great, and I'm happy we don't have to face them in Eugene. That was like a heavyweight fight trading blow for blow. What a fun game.

Oregon looked great, and I'm happy we don't have to face them in Eugene. That was like a heavyweight fight trading blow for blow. What a fun game.

I'd anyone had a torrent id love to see it. I didn't think it was a good idea to ask the bartender if she could turn off the 49ers game so I could watch the buffs.

Reading the first six or so pages of this thread I would have thought the Buffs lost the game and played terribly. Great win Buffs!

Buffs were down 8 with about 13:00 to go and Oregon looked like they were in good shape to hold on and win. Significant that the Buffs were not only able to beat a team of this quality but to do it coming from behind.

Kansas just lost to San Diego State

This is the first game where i've thought "oh ****, we're REALLY REALLY good"

HUGE win! As big as that Kansas win was, getting a win like this on the opening weekend of conference play is bigger. Great games by Ski, Mayor and Scott, good overall games from XJ and Gordon and nice contributions from the bench too. Offense like that is fun to watch and this team should just keep getting better. The next few months are going to be a lot of fun in Boulder.

Buffs were down 8 with about 13:00 to go and Oregon looked like they were in good shape to hold on and win. Significant that the Buffs were not only able to beat a team of this quality but to do it coming from behind.

I think this was far and away a better win than Kansas. Altman is a good coach, and they have fast and sharpshooting athletes up and down this roster. Altman totally shifted the game momentum with two aggressive trap defense possessions in the second half and almost stole the game. But Ski and the mayor weren't having it....

That was one of the best basketball games I've ever been to. Not only was every possession intense and important, but it was two damn good teams playing at a very high level.

Oregon impressed the hell out of me. After seeing them in person, I don't think that CU can lose more than 4 conference games and have any hope of getting a tie or better with them in the final standings.

I actually thought the Buffs defended well while giving up 91 points. That's insane. But Oregon was held well below its season averages on FG% and 3pt%. That team is a beast to deal with.

Ski was ridiculous.

XJ showed what he can be for us.

Scott was incredibly efficient and effective.

Wes is a defensive neutralizer.

Mayor had a tough job as a big guard dealing with a team that had a bunch of Ty Lawson types. He delivered despite a tough matchup.

XT had some frustrating moments but also stepped up with some very key plays.

J-Hop is going to be a star. That wrap-around pass to Wes was a thing of beauty.

But the best moment of an amazing game had to be Tad emptying the bench as a final "**** you!" to Altman at the end of the game. I may have gotten a bit misty when I saw that.

And things may be quite rosy when the rankings come out tomorrow.

Don't look now folks, but Bzzz's Deacons are up on #19 North Carolina by 10 with 9 to go.

Congrats on the win guys. I didn't get watch it because of the playoffs. I'll have to watch it when I get a chance.

Congrats on the win guys. I didn't get watch it because of the playoffs. I'll have to watch it when I get a chance.

Thanks Air-zona. Also, if you check out the Chen thread, you'll find that we've "let it go". I'm as disappointed as anybody.

also, the trend continues that when we play good teams and XJ shows up to play, we win. Dinwiddie and Scott are solid, booker is pretty much right there, and XJ is the real difference. Great win.

Very fun game. The crowd was very into it from the start. Our young guys are getting a serious taste of playing in big games.

Booker had a great night. His defense was amazing

I just don't get Spencer. I feel like he could be the best player on the court if he wanted to. There were some moments where he turned it on and there was nothing Oregon could do to stop him. Scott is so damn good for a sophomore. You could tell Oregon scouted him well and played that inside spin left shot. So he did an outside spin and shot with his right. I actually think he looked better going up with his right but he is just an incredible weapon.

Don't look now folks, but Bzzz's Deacons are up on #19 North Carolina by 10 with 9 to go.

Haven't been paying attention to them. Looks like they are 10-3 right now, is the pressure easing up on Buzz or are the fans still wanting him gone?

Our RPI should go to 5-6, but doubt we break the top 10 in the polls. That's okay...when we win the PAC and are a #3-5 seed in the big dance, people will pay attention.

Our RPI should go to 5-6, but doubt we break the top 10 in the polls. That's okay...when we win the PAC and are a #3-5 seed in the big dance, people will pay attention.

I don't really see us moving up to top 10 but I definitely think top 15 is possible since the 4 teams in front of us all lost this week.

Oregon impressed the hell out of me. After seeing them in person, I don't think that CU can lose more than 4 conference games and have any hope of getting a tie or better with them in the final standings.

This. I think Oregon's games with UofA will be fascinating if the Ducks shoot it reasonably well. That 3-guard lineup may be just the thing to foil the cats' bigs, assuming Moser can stay our of foul trouble.

As for where we end up in the standings, it seems like there are still questions to answer even if how we play at the keg ain't one of them. A nice start would be a pair of road wins next week including one over what appear to be a rejuvenated bunch of huskies.

Back