What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014 Season Predictions

Just messing with you. I agree the majority of positions will be better, but not sold on the secondary yet. Really only confident in Hendo back there right now.
I'm kind of pinning my hopes on the secondary improving on Crawley finally getting 'it', I'm interested to see Yuri to but yeah, Hendo is the only one where I have zero worries about in the secondary.

CU should win their OOC games. A loss to any of them, and I'd argue UMASS and Hawaii would be worse losses from a talent standpoint, and it is going to be a long, long year.

Utah and Cal would appear to be the most winnable of our conference games. Guess there is a chance with Washington, with the coaching change, but seems to be a long shot.

I'd say CU ends with 4 wins. If CU gets 5 or more, and I think most would feel somewhat positive about the direction of the program. Less then 4 and it'll be hard to see the program in a positive light. Do think it will be much harder without PRich. He almost single-handidly won 2 games for us this year. Maybe some of the other receivers will step up, along with Sefo, but it's still hard to buy the passing game getting much better then it was last year.

CU should win their OOC games. A loss to any of them, and I'd argue UMASS and Hawaii would be worse losses from a talent standpoint, and it is going to be a long, long year.

Utah and Cal would appear to be the most winnable of our conference games. Guess there is a chance with Washington, with the coaching change, but seems to be a long shot.

I'd say CU ends with 4 wins. If CU gets 5 or more, and I think most would feel somewhat positive about the direction of the program. Less then 4 and it'll be hard to see the program in a positive light. Do think it will be much harder without PRich. He almost single-handidly won 2 games for us this year. Maybe some of the other receivers will step up, along with Sefo, but it's still hard to buy the passing game getting much better then it was last year.
No Cal? I know it's not a sure win but there's a lot of disfunction in that locker room and there's gonna be a lot of attrition, they could be ripe for the taking

Cal should be a much improved team next year. Cal was devastated by injuries, and had the second worst turn over margin the country. They won't be a good team, but they'll be substantially improved from last year's squad. I certainly don't think we can count it as an easy win. My hunch is we won't be the favorite going into the game.

Cal should be a much improved team next year. Cal was devastated by injuries, and had the second worst turn over margin the country. They won't be a good team, but they'll be substantially improved from last year's squad. I certainly don't think we can count it as an easy win. My hunch is we won't be the favorite going into the game.

Will they be better team? We had a awful lot of injuries in 2011 and were an even worse team in 2012. Yeah they have talent but how much of it is going to stick around?

No Cal? I know it's not a sure win but there's a lot of disfunction in that locker room and there's gonna be a lot of attrition, they could be ripe for the taking

I think both Utah and Cal are winnable games, just don't have them both down as wins. Tough to win on the road. We'll find out if Cal was really as bad as they were last year, or if it were the injuries that led to their terrible season this year.

Will they be better team? We had a awful lot of injuries in 2011 and were an even worse team in 2012. Yeah they have talent but how much of it is going to stick around?

Right now Cal fans are saying "There's no way we go winless 2 years in a row. No way. Who's our best shot at a win? Colorado at home."

I'm not saying we're going to lose, but it's going to be a tough fight.

Coaches don't spend all off-season installing a hurry-up offense and then scrap it in the first game.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Shouldn't you be arguing how the 2013 team would struggle in the Big Sky? No win improvement would be a big, big disapointment seeing as how two of our three winable conference games come at home and we have just as easy of a OOC as we did last year.

The point differential also includes teams like Oregon, ASU, and UA...none of which I am talking about beating. Did we get kicked by OSU on the road? Yup but they also lose players, including their best in Cooks and they have to travel and damn near every team in the nation is worse on the road.

I've explained why the line will be better next year, I'm not going into that again for the 3rd time in freaking November so I'll ask you this, why won't our OL be better? Why won't our DL be better? Why won't our QB be better? Why won't our RBs be better? Why won't our secondary be better? Why won't our LBs be better?

I will say that we will be closing the strength gap a bit this offseason, and the focus on leg power is going to lead to improved trench play.

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1583550
:stupid:

Funny how everyone else's team is projected by this board (Boyd and 'tini and a couple others excepted) to get better, while the Buffs are soooooo bad that they're expected to regress, and end up with only two wins. As for the claim of giving up 30 lbs. per man, a review of the rosters simply doesn't justify that claim. Size-wise, the Buffs lines are close to or at PAC 12 averages. S&C-wise will make a difference in size, quickness and strength, while coaching is changing the craptastic attitudes instilled by WB&Co. Penalties are way down, attitudes are improving, players are showing smarts and maturing. 7-5 is cautiously optimistic, but not unrealistic. (Take AZ, who do they have to replace their QB and TB? Anybody?)

This a HUGE diss to all the kids, S&C staff and the rest of the coachs as well. We saw great improvement in organization and attitude; decent freshman playing (Are Gillam, Awuzie,Thompson, Gilbert, Sefo and Adkins really going to slip backwards, becoming less capable?) while a bunch of foundation types on the OL and at WR, red-shirted, becoming familiar with the system, stronger and just plain older!

Did you actually read the thread or not? I believe a grand total of three posters had the Buffs at two wins. But it makes you feel better to say differently, doesn't it?

I see the Buffs having a real chance at 6-6, or 4-8, depending upon injuries. Either way they will be a much better team with real competitive games in 2014. 2015 should be the year for real expectations.

:stupid:

Funny how everyone else's team is projected by this board (Boyd and 'tini and a couple others excepted) to get better, while the Buffs are soooooo bad that they're expected to regress, and end up with only two wins. As for the claim of giving up 30 lbs. per man, a review of the rosters simply doesn't justify that claim. Size-wise, the Buffs lines are close to or at PAC 12 averages. S&C-wise will make a difference in size, quickness and strength, while coaching is changing the craptastic attitudes instilled by WB&Co. Penalties are way down, attitudes are improving, players are showing smarts and maturing. 7-5 is cautiously optimistic, but not unrealistic. (Take AZ, who do they have to replace their QB and TB? Anybody?)

This a HUGE diss to all the kids, S&C staff and the rest of the coachs as well. We saw great improvement in organization and attitude; decent freshman playing (Are Gillam, Awuzie,Thompson, Gilbert, Sefo and Adkins really going to slip backwards, becoming less capable?) while a bunch of foundation types on the OL and at WR, red-shirted, becoming familiar with the system, stronger and just plain older!

Well said!

Back