What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014 Tackle Situation

:smile2:

So to recap: Athlon very good at identifying our players as all P12 types. Better than our own fans, in fact.

Athlon not so good at predicting Ws, though.
I don't have an issue with them predicting 4-8, I've been at 5-7 and toying with 6-6

So to recap: Athlon very good at identifying our players as all P12 types. Better than our own fans, in fact.

2014 Athlon.

2015 Athlon may shine or suffer in different ways.

This has absolutely nothing to do with anyone selectively using sources as they fit the narrative.

:wink2:

That said, Munyer's a solid OG for us and it's nice to see him get a little pub.

2014 Athlon.

2015 Athlon may shine or suffer in different ways.

This has absolutely nothing to do with anyone selectively using sources as they fit the narrative.

:wink2:

That said, Munyer's a solid OG for us and it's nice to see him get a little pub.

For the record, I see Munyer the way you do. Solid player, extremely unlikely he starts at a top tier P12 program, but nothing we should be complaining about.

FWIW they predicted the Buffs to go 3-9 last season... which they probably would have if the game with Fresno State wasn't cancelled, so they apparently know their stuff.

FWIW they predicted the Buffs to go 3-9 last season... which they probably would have if the game with Fresno State wasn't cancelled, so they apparently know their stuff.

Bad news bears for us then. They have us finishing last this year. womp womp

Luckily we have 4 guys on the team that would start at USC. That has to be a plus!

I'm not really sure where your confusion is here.

If you're saying that Munyer wouldn't start for every other Pac-12 team then it logically follows that you're claiming he's a worse player than any other Pac-12 team's top three interior linemen.

Maybe you believe that, I don't.

EDIT- Missed a word

Hence, I wonder about your grasp of the King's English.

Given that we have no word on Callahan what is the point of this thread? to waste a bunch of time an effort when it could all be very different?

cool i wont read the rest of the thread then.

So we got Callahan eligible and it looks like he maybe contribute this year, I am feeling more comfortable in the line situation overall now although Callahan may not play tackle it still helps our overall situation significantly to have him available.

Interesting thread, looking back on it now. I think the prevailing thought was that Callahan, if eligible, would find his way to he starting LT job. Instead, he's 2nd string at RG. And that's not saying he's disappointed. He's apparently doing very well. It's just that the five guys in front of him are doing well, too. Even Nembot.

this has the makings for a respectable OL this year.

Interesting thread, looking back on it now. I think the prevailing thought was that Callahan, if eligible, would find his way to he starting LT job. Instead, he's 2nd string at RG. And that's not saying he's disappointed. He's apparently doing very well. It's just that the five guys in front of him are doing well, too. Even Nembot.

this has the makings for a respectable OL this year.

Yeah. New **** has come to light, though. Apparently, if not for the injury, Irwin would have been our starting LT last year with Harris at RG and Munyer playing center over Handler.

Kelley must have improved a ton if Callahan hasn't pushed Munyer into the center spot for 2014. This OL could be pretty decent.

Yeah. New **** has come to light, though. Apparently, if not for the injury, Irwin would have been our starting LT last year with Harris at RG and Munyer playing center over Handler.

Kelley must have improved a ton if Callahan hasn't pushed Munyer into the center spot for 2014. This OL could be pretty decent.

Do you snort the Kool-aide powdered to save time?

nik has been getting kool aid enemas this past month. I think they've been upping his doses too. God I hope he's not headed for a comedown. That rock bottom is going to be hard.

I guess we'll see, abs. I'm feeling good about the OL. Haven't felt that way for over half a decade.
I will admit that somehow it appears this coaching staff has pulled minimal OL depth out of its hat. Still worried about tackle depth. We can't really sustain any injuries to the edges.

Please God. Please let this be the year our OL finally starts kicking some ass.

nik has been getting kool aid enemas this past month. I think they've been upping his doses too. God I hope he's not headed for a comedown. That rock bottom is going to be hard.

Yeah, yeah. Same feeling about football that I had about basketball heading into 2009. This thing is turning and 2014 will be the year people start seeing that the Buffs are going to be pretty good soon.

I will admit that somehow it appears this coaching staff has pulled minimal OL depth out of its hat. Still worried about tackle depth. We can't really sustain any injuries to the edges.

Probably not. Some guys who could play RT, but I think that anything at LT would end up being a major shift to the OL with Crabb sliding from LG to LT and then Callahan, Huckins or Wiefels starting at LG.

Thing is, I don't know that our OT depth gets a lot better in 2015. Kronshage probably will look ready next year, but that cupboard was awfully bare at OT.

Yeah, yeah. Same feeling about football that I had about basketball heading into 2009. This thing is turning and 2014 will be the year people start seeing that the Buffs are going to be pretty good soon.

I hope this happens. Nothing would make me happier.

The dark times are bearable if it's true better days are ahead.

Back