What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Buffalo Heart Award

SpacemanSpiff

Be curious, not judgmental
Club Member
Nominees please.

Nelson Spruce seems a likely pick but a case could probably be made for people like Nembot, Bell and Powell. Others?

Who would you vote for and why?

Here are the past winners:
Buffalo Heart Award Winners
1998 Darrin Chiaverini, WR
1999 Mike Moschetti, QB
2000 Eric McCready, WR
2001 Cortlen Johnson, TB
2002 Tyler Brayton, DT
2003 Medford Moorer, FS
2004 Bobby Purify, TB
2005 Joel Klatt, QB
2006 Thaddaeus Washington, ILB
2007 Jordon Dizon, ILB
2008 Ryan Walters, FS
2009 Cha'pelle Brown, CB
2010 Cody Hawkins, QB
2011 Rodney Stewart, TB
2012 Will Pericak, DE
2013 Parker Orms, FS
2014 Greg Henderson, CB

Think of the Buffs' wins of the MacIntyre era and immediately picture Spruce going the distance. There is no other positive visual of something consistent with this team. Bell is an interesting choice because of his ups and downs with injuries and proving he can still compete and be a leader on the defense. To the Nembot question, he has an amazing story of how he got here and is a great character guy. Not sure the lineman attitude of CU past is there. It's interesting not seeing an O-lineman in that list of past winners. I'd bet in the decade before 1998 there would be some OL if the award existed then.

They all deserve it considering they went thru 3 coaches and not many wins, but it will be Spruce because he delivered more positive moments for the fans...

Spruce is obviously the best player and is a great Buff, but Bell has been through a ton of crap, and Nembot has had to deal with a new culture, language, switching schools, never having played football and family thousands of miles away etc. For me, Nembot had the toughest road, so he gets my very meaningful vote.

I don't think you could go wrong with Spruce, Nembot, or Bell. Has there ever been more than one winner before?

curious, does anyone have an "official source" for the criteria used to select the winner? I gave it two pages of google results and the best I found is a BDC article

It has been presented each year since to the Buff who demonstrates grit, determination and toughness.

Back