What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Buffaloes Offense

A team will have to win a conference game to catch next level eyes. I think we do not have an underclassman leave.

^this^ also remember the NFL pre draft committee has gone to that new ranking system when evaluating underclassman. I believe they hand out ratings of "1st round, 2nd round, stay in school". Not that it is the be-all end-all but we don't have any 1st or 2nd rounders on this squad so that should help Spruce make his decision. On Nembot, he is a project still for an NFL team and maybe a 4-6 round pick after next year. Every single player in the NFL has the measurables. It takes more than that most of the time to get drafted in the top 4 rounds.

The offense will be as good as Sefo allows it to be. We absolutely need him to make a significant improvement next year. He needs to look off receivers better. He needs to throw to his left better. He needs a better deep ball. He needs to make better decisions. He needs to play with more of a sense of urgency. He needs to elevate his play with the game on the line. If he improves in these areas, the offense will be where we want it to be.

Then we have to worry about defense and special teams.
Totally agree about Sefo's play, except I'd worry about defense and ST first.

i have my buff colored glasses on this am! i think sefo will continue to work hard and improve... o should be very good next year... lets shore up the dl and of course lb positions

what / who is the rumored high recruit lineman wanting to transfer back to Colorado (CU)???

Everyone just assumes that the team will be better "next year". We are the worst team in the conference by far this year and there's no clear evidence that our recruiting is anything other than worst in conference. Again. That adds up to our being the worst team in the conference next year and in all of the years that follow that until we improve recruiting dramatically. There are lots of chicken/egg arguments to be made about why it's inevitable that our team sucks because our recruiting sucks and recruiting needs to get better or why it's inevitable that recruiting sucks because our team sucks and the team needs to get better but there really is no reason to think that both won't continue to be the worst in the conference because it's basically business as usual on the field and in the recruiting outcomes. Anything else is frankly cognitive dissonance as far as I'm concerned.

Everyone just assumes that the team will be better "next year". We are the worst team in the conference by far this year and there's no clear evidence that our recruiting is anything other than worst in conference. Again. That adds up to our being the worst team in the conference next year and in all of the years that follow that until we improve recruiting dramatically. There are lots of chicken/egg arguments to be made about why it's inevitable that our team sucks because our recruiting sucks and recruiting needs to get better or why it's inevitable that recruiting sucks because our team sucks and the team needs to get better but there really is no reason to think that both won't continue to be the worst in the conference because it's basically business as usual on the field and in the recruiting outcomes. Anything else is frankly cognitive dissonance as far as I'm concerned.

Let me and try and understand this.

You don't think we will improve next year because the 2015 class is not on par of what you would like.

You say in order not to move up within the conference standings we need to recruit above last place and this is the only way to move up.

Unfortunately for you modern day recruiting is closer to gambling then to a science.

Take our 08 class and compare it to say a Minnesota class from 11. While we need playmakers, we need depth more. It's proven already that with better depth we will win.

While it would be nice to have a better ranked class, it's not a necessity to win more games.

#CUin15 is all about depth on the lines for the next few years, can't judge the deficiency of blue chip recruits on the coaches for this cycle.

:lol:

Don't bother, these two don't want to hear this anymore. We'll win more next year because the same players we have this year will be older.

We don't need to improve out recruiting "dramatically". We need to have classes in the 50's sprinkled with a few impact players. That's enough to win some games in this conference with solid coaching and experienced players. Seeing as we are never going to have a "dramatic" improvement to our recruiting until we show a pulse, this is the best we can hope for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm ok with decent recruiting for a few years if you find a difference maker on each side of the ball, provided you have a clear direction of what you want your team to be, as well as recruiting.

We desperately need a game changer on offense for the 2015 season. If they can find that, whether it's in this class, or already on the roster will be the question. Either way, you have to find players in every class who are electric. We need at least one Fields/Richardson in every class

Last edited:
Back