What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Coaching Carousel

From a safe distance, Hawkins is far more entertaining than Embree.

Pound it. Launch it. Cinch it up. Blue Collar. Bring your lunchpails.

Anybody think Hoke survives?
Nope. And it's surprising to me. I was a big fan of his and thought that coming from SDSU, his connection to SoCal would benefit us, so I was hoping that we might hire him. I haven't been following Michigan closely, so I'm not sure what issues they have except that they look like they are playing a DT at QB.

Hoke has been there long enough so that this can't be pinned on Rich Rod, either. I have to say I'm surprised at what's going on with UM. I thought they found a good one with Brady Hoke.

With highly possible openings at Miami and Michigan, I'm sure Todd Graham is reconsidering his "dream" school as we speak.

Hoke has been there long enough so that this can't be pinned on Rich Rod, either. I have to say I'm surprised at what's going on with UM. I thought they found a good one with Brady Hoke.

With highly possible openings at Miami and Michigan, I'm sure Todd Graham is reconsidering his "dream" school as we speak.

Not to mention Butch Jones.

I think Hoke's margin is gone and he is a dead man walking.

Not yet. Once Michigan is removed from the ability to compete for the B1G conference championship, then he is doomed. Michigan can still hypothetically go 12-2. Winning cures all. With that said, there is no way that happens.

They aren't going 12-2, hypothetically or not. He's in trouble. I'd be shocked if they had that record season's end.

I think Hoke is certainly done barring a miracle finish (Beat Ohio State and Mich St. ) - The natives are very restless in Michigan.

LSU still has Auburn, Florida and Texas A&M on the road and Bama at home. They could lose 3 out of 4 of these.
8-4 records don't go over well in Baton Rouge.

Judging by the way they played against MSU, there may not be 8 wins on their schedule. Although with the kind of talent they have, they ought to win a lot more than they lose.

Judging by the way they played against MSU, there may not be 8 wins on their schedule. Although with the kind of talent they have, they ought to win a lot more than they lose.

depends on which QB they end up playing - the freshman is the one that needs to be playing
however their defense isn't typical LSU style defense we have seen in the past-

LSU still has Auburn, Florida and Texas A&M on the road and Bama at home. They could lose 3 out of 4 of these.
8-4 records don't go over well in Baton Rouge.

LSU should be careful here. Getting greedy rarely ends well. One or two bad hires and you're at the bottom of a good conference in a hurry.

Michigan better hope Florida keeps Muschamp another year if they try to dump Hoke-Thats nowhere near as prestigious a job as people think it is....

Michigan better hope Florida keeps Muschamp another year if they try to dump Hoke-Thats nowhere near as prestigious a job as people think it is....

It's still 1b to Ohio State. But Michigan has definitely fallen from the elites of today.

Florida is a top 5 job.

i was in Norman, OK last weekend and the rumor was SMU interested in Josh Heupel (OC at OU) or Graham Harrell (OC at Tech).

It's still 1b to Ohio State. But Michigan has definitely fallen from the elites of today.

Florida is a top 5 job.

not sure i agree. Bama, Texas, OU, Ohio State, USC, Notre Dame....all better imo....top 10, sure. top 5, dunno. right there with LSU and Oregon (now) in that tier....with Michigan, possibly ATM....but, forgive me...i don't really believe in ATM long term and think the jury is still out on Sumlin. he inherited Art Briles guys at Houston and was the #2 OC at OU (Kevin Wilson called the plays).....

Hoke gets fired. Miles loses 4-5 games. Miles hired by Michigan. You heard it here first.:lol:

not sure i agree. Bama, Texas, OU, Ohio State, USC, Notre Dame....all better imo....top 10, sure. top 5, dunno. right there with LSU and Oregon (now) in that tier....with Michigan, possibly ATM....but, forgive me...i don't really believe in ATM long term and think the jury is still out on Sumlin. he inherited Art Briles guys at Houston and was the #2 OC at OU (Kevin Wilson called the plays).....

IMO Texas, Ohio state and USC are comparable Athletic department wise.
Football wise Alabama and Oklahoma also compare.

IMO Texas, Ohio state and USC are comparable Athletic department wise.
Football wise Alabama and Oklahoma also compare.

Bama and Oklahoma are better football HC jobs. absurd to suggest otherwise. OU will have to make a good hire after Stoops here pretty soon, and that is easier said than done. UF is on the outside looking-in as far as the top 5. "comparable" seems like a foolishness to me.

UF got some favorable calls to beat Kentucky at home and gave up their most yardage ever last week. Kentucky, a team that's SEC identity is "better than Vanderbilt, most of the time". which is to say, every day Muschamp outlasts an easy SEC East schedule....means that the prestige of the UF job drops. seems. and historically, UF can't sniff Bama or the Okies jock.

Depends on how we view it, I guess, but I'd rather be sitting on top of all that Florida talent than being at modern day Notre Dame. You're more likely to bag a couple national championships at Florida in 2014 than you are at Notre Dame. I'm not sure I wouldn't view it over OU and OSU, also.. but that's tough. OU has a nice set up in this current Big XII to make the playoff quite often. I really think the B1G 10 may fade over coming decades due to demographics. I'd certainly rather be in a place like UF where the talent you sit on top of gets better and better each year as opposed to a place like Michigan where population is plummeting. Obviously these brand name programs can go national -- I'm hardly implying Michigan will turn into Akron, but I do think it will make things more challenging.

Back