What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Coaching Carousel

Since I love crazy speculation and after following CU the coaching carousel is my favorite part of college football, what if Cal hires Sparkles?

Since I love crazy speculation and after following CU the coaching carousel is my favorite part of college football, what if Cal hires Sparkles?

Not outside the realm of possibilities.

And he may have a $7 million buyout but he may have been smart enough to get some facilities guarantees put in there or some other outs.

Been plenty of other contracts in the past that didn't turn out to be obstacles when somebody really wanted to leave.

[tweet]516697475546374144[/tweet]

Looks like they're going to can their AD before letting Hoke go. They've reached out to Boston College and UConn's AD's. Both graduated from Michigan, the UConn guy played for Schembechler.

Looks like they're going to can their AD before letting Hoke go. They've reached out to Boston College and UConn's AD's. Both graduated from Michigan, the UConn guy played for Schembechler.

So they might be focusing the AD search on alumni only.

Emporer.jpg

I would not touch the Kansas job with a ten foot pole. Coach killer. Nowhere to recruit, and the administration will fire you in 2-3 years if you do not produce immediate results. The recruiting is limited in Kansas (outside of JUCOS), and you have to compete with a superior program in KSU. So you have to piece together left over recruits from Texas. Basically the pitch is "Since you weren't recruited by UT, TA&M, TTU, Baylor, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Oklahoma St, or TCU you probably aren't very good but you should choose us over Iowa St and UTEP."

I would not touch the Kansas job with a ten foot pole. Coach killer. Nowhere to recruit, and the administration will fire you in 2-3 years if you do not produce immediate results. The recruiting is limited in Kansas (outside of JUCOS), and you have to compete with a superior program in KSU. So you have to piece together left over recruits from Texas. Basically the pitch is "Since you weren't recruited by UT, TA&M, TTU, Baylor, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Oklahoma St, or TCU you probably aren't very good but you should choose us over Iowa St and UTEP."

Yep. They're ****ed now failing to give either Gill or Weis three seasons. Neither was the right guy, but that's got to be about as unattractive power 5 job as there is right now.

Yep. They're ****ed now failing to give either Gill or Weis three seasons. Neither was the right guy, but that's got to be about as unattractive power 5 job as there is right now.

They will have to go for an assistant coach - like they did with Mangino.

Hell, Mangino is still available. Maybe they will bring him back.

KU can be a very good job. Mangino made it one, when he came within a game of competing for the MNC. Problem is they had an ass clown AD with his own agenda (selling KU BB tix on the side) who sh*tcanned Mangino over some politically correct BS and promptly lost all momentum they had, only to hire a politically correct coach, who was maybe even worse than Water Bottle (Gill even had prior HC experience and limited success, yet still engaged in stupid stuff, in the Embree mold). That started a real ugly downward spiral for a historically decent FB program.

KU can compete for recruits in Kansas (the smart ones), Missouri, Arkansas and Texas, as Mangino showed and a nice little program can be re-established under the right guy. Plenty of money available from those farm and feedlot families---last I looked, KU's endowment fund was about half again larger than CU's! And there is only so much dinero you can cram into B-ball.

I had Brady Hoke with a sliver of a chance prior to Minnesota, but he is a dead man walking now. They are going down in flames in spectacular fashion so far this season.

. . . for a historically decent FB program . . .

I think your definition of decent is different than mine.

Is every black coach hired "a politically correct coach?" That's a bit ****ed up. Gill took Buffalo to it's first bowl game and only MAC championship. Yes, he sucked at KU, but "politically correct" hire is a huge stretch.

I think your definition of decent is different than mine.

Is every black coach hired "a politically correct coach?" That's a bit ****ed up. Gill took Buffalo to it's first bowl game and only MAC championship. Yes, he sucked at KU, but "politically correct" hire is a huge stretch.
:stupid: Gill bombed at KU, that's for sure, but if we had fired Hawk when we should have, Gill was actually on my personal short-list of candidates I would have liked to have seen at CU.

On the one hand, we may have dodged a bullet there. On the other hand, some good coaches can't handle some situations but thrive in others (think of all the coaches that failed at one place, but succeeded at another).

I'm with NY though, calling the Gill hire "politically correct" is BS. KU hired a head coach that had taken an historically bad FBS program to a conference championship and bowl game. Differentiating that hire from CU hiring MacIntyre or Wisconsin hiring Anderson because of the color of Gill's skin is stupid.

Assuming Hoke is out the door...

UM boards calling for Harbaugh, either one, Schiano, Mullen and wait for it....MCElwain.

KU fans are calling for everyone from Jim Leavitt to Ed Orgeron, as well as bringing back the fat man (not gonna happen). Also, in a move that would complete the fat man trifecta, Ruffin McNeil's name is being thrown around...

Last edited:
Assuming Hoke is out the door...

UM boards calling for Harbaugh, either one, Schiano, Mullen and wait for it....MCElwain.

KU fans are calling for everyone from Jim Leavitt to Ed Orgeron, as well as bringing back the fat man (not gonna happen). Also, in a move that would complete the fat man trifecta, Ruffin McNeil's name is being thrown around...

Eastern Kansas buffet owners can't buy a break. Mangino and Weiss at KU and Romeo Crennel (with Weiss there too) and Andy Reid as KC's coaches.

Reactions: aik
Kansas is not a good job. It is going to be hard to find a good coach to go there. It is a tough place to win.

It is early and a lot more jobs will open up. If CSU continues to have success, McElwain will be mentioned a lot. I think he is a smart guy and won't take a job like Kansas.

Kansas is not a good job. It is going to be hard to find a good coach to go there. It is a tough place to win.

It is early and a lot more jobs will open up. If CSU continues to have success, McElwain will be mentioned a lot. I think he is a smart guy and won't take a job like Kansas.

Hard for some of them to turn down all you can eat.

Calling the firing of Mangino "politically correct" is just a really misguided post.

Eastern Kansas buffet owners can't buy a break. Mangino and Weiss at KU and Romeo Cre Minnel (with Weiss there too) and Andy Reid as KC's coaches.

Watch for McElwain and Mississippi State if Mullen leaves....Seems like the type who would relish the chance to match wits with Nicky every year.

It wouldn't shock me if Allen took a crack at the college game....he's young enough to where he can make a change like that.

He's really young.

Odds are he'll either take a college HC job or an NFL DC job next season.

Some FL fans floating R-Rod's name for the Florida job. With both Michigan and FL likely to be open this year, plus who knows what other jobs...I'm not going to cry if some other leagues attempt to thin out the coaching talent in the P12 South and we no longer had had to contend with R-Rod, Mora, or Graham in the division.

Some FL fans floating R-Rod's name for the Florida job. With both Michigan and FL likely to be open this year, plus who knows what other jobs...I'm not going to cry if some other leagues attempt to thin out the coaching talent in the P12 South and we no longer had had to contend with R-Rod, Mora, or Graham in the division.

I don't get the RichRod thing. Guy hasn't done much since he won at WVU. That was an innovative offense. It's just ok now and his teams as a whole have done nothing at Michigan or Arizona.
Certainly, that has to be enough of a concern to keep Florida away I would think.

Gill is back on his feet btw, coaching at Liberty which is a very solid FCS job and they may soon move to FBS.

agree - I see him wanting to get back to the sec

Back