What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Colorado Spring Game Info & Roll call

Tedric looked to tweak something in his leg while in coverage on the first down pass play. Hopefully he's okay and it's nothing major.

No emphasis on special team coverage on punts/returns.
Gunners not gunning. Rushers not rushing. Returners not returning.

Hope playing it safe now /= getting burned under live fire.

Well, according to the construction cam, they take a water break about every 15 minutes, :lol:

2015 Colorado Spring Game Info & Roll call

Special Teams could be an adventure this season.

:nod:

Not much today to get excited about.

The decision to split the teams using senior draft didn't work as well this year from a fan perspective. The mix between random gold and black team members masked the ability to assess much. Much more drill than football game.

I would have liked a few series between first team offense vs first team defense. Something like that would have been a better format to see where the team is really at.

There wasn't much to showcase what Leavitt is bringing to the defense.
I learned that the LBs and DL were exposed to the RB's back-cut.

Not much to say about any development in Sefo's passing game since last season.

It looked like a nice day to hang in the stands and chill.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what little I saw, it looks like Sefo's deep ball maybe a little more accurate which would be fantastic. Also, a Oregon St could use some pitching help. :huh:

Hard to really take much from the scrimmage besides negatives... Not that I'm saying the scrimmage made me more negative about the team as a whole, but I felt like all it did was show which players were not progressing... Yuri and Gehrke come to mind. Also that our WR corp isn't really that impressive/filled with potential outside of one or two of the healthy guys and known quantities (spruce/Fields). Yea Devin had that nice TD, but that was with Yuri covering him.

TEs and RBs really stood out to me as hurting for talent. Also, did anyone else notice that Gehrke almost caught that walk on RB that went for the long TD? While the rest of the D chilled? Weird play.

Hard to really take much from the scrimmage besides negatives... Not that I'm saying the scrimmage made me more negative about the team as a whole, but I felt like all it did was show which players were not progressing... Yuri and Gehrke come to mind. Also that our WR corp isn't really that impressive/filled with potential outside of one or two of the healthy guys and known quantities (spruce/Fields). Yea Devin had that nice TD, but that was with Yuri covering him.

TEs and RBs really stood out to me as hurting for talent. Also, did anyone else notice that Gehrke almost caught that walk on RB that went for the long TD? While the rest of the D chilled? Weird play.

Ross caught an amazing pass/TD in drills prior to the scrimmage. I think it was Witherspoon that was draped all over him. Again, it was just a one-on-one drill, but it was impressive.

From what little I saw, it looks like Sefo's deep ball maybe a little more accurate which would be fantastic. Also, a Oregon St could use some pitching help. :huh:

Better chance that deep ball would have been batted down or intercepted in the P12 than going for a TD.

Agree with most of this, although, Ross did have a great end zone catch in the 7 on 7 or Red Zone Drill (Don't remember which - EDIT: I just saw the Orr post, and he covered this), so maybe the game catch wasn't an aberration. Wright was underwhelming in the drills as well. :(

Regarding the RBs, I thought Lindsay and Evans both looked good, but they're obviously both small backs, and we do lack serious depth at the position. I wasn't impressed with Powell.

And I kind of agree with tini in a way, that I don't think there was much to scream from the rooftops about, but I also don't think there was a reason to already count the season out either. Unfortunately, I think we might need to get contributions from more freshmen than either we or the coaches expected once again this season.

There's no way anyone can this one way or the other, way too many variables

To my eye, that ball was underthrown (with wind) to a receiver who had to slow down to catch against a just OK DB. Hard to think that will be a TD in P12, kinda like the TD throwback pass that was called back.

Maybe just to my eye, but it was not an impressive play to me.

To my eye, that ball was underthrown (with wind) to a receiver who had to slow down to catch against a just OK DB. Hard to think that will be a TD in P12, kinda like the TD throwback pass that was called back.

I had the exact thought. Ross had two steps and then had to nearly stop to make the catch.

Anyone else see Gillam? He looks like he hasn't put any weight back on.

What did everyone think of the format? It was strange to see them do drills right in middle of a scrimmage. I also want a fan of the lack of communication that the scrimmage started at 3. Otherwise beautiful day, the construction is awesome and the team looks a bit better.

Anyone else see Gillam? He looks like he hasn't put any weight back on.

What did everyone think of the format? It was strange to see them do drills right in middle of a scrimmage. I also want a fan of the lack of communication that the scrimmage started at 3. Otherwise beautiful day, the construction is awesome and the team looks a bit better.

Gillam looked very thin.

I'm just saying that a whole lot of it depends on other factors like coverage and time left or score. Maybe it would have been picked, maybe it wouldn't. No way of knowing. I will add that other than a few guys (Yuri, walk on's), our secondary has a lot of talent.

I'm just saying that a whole lot of it depends on other factors like coverage and time left or score. Maybe it would have been picked, maybe it wouldn't. No way of knowing. I will add that other than a few guys (Yuri, walk on's), our secondary has a lot of talent.

The ball was under thrown. Arguing whether a different defender would have knocked it down or not is meaningless.

The "pencil" depth chart was released.

It had Gerrad Kough and Jonathan Huckins as starters at right and left guard, respectfully. Wiefels and Callahan as backups.

Chido and Crawley at #1 corners, Evan White and Tedric Thompson at safeties. Lots of potential in this group.

Linebacker looks scary, especially with Gillam's injury history. Rippy #1 at one of the outside backers.

Diego #1 place kicker. :scared2:

I came away from that game with more questions than I had going in. Sefo looked entirely average. The kickers looked terrible. One thing I did notice was Issac Miller playing at LT for the black team and doing pretty well.

More like Duff making a WAG, since they didn't do much on STs today!

Diego looks very questionable and our supposed starting punter is not even on campus. But by all means, continue to defend Toby at every turn.

I hoped to see Cade Apsay throw a pass, and he didn't throw one. Didn't see JayMac get a throw his way. How many wr's were available? Just looked at the stats and the gold team threw 4 passes, all by Sefo.

Asked about TE, HCMM mentioned Irwin and Frazier, then said there were two freshmen not able to partake. Didn't bother to mention Center. A walk-on (or two or three) got a lot of reps.

Hope Callahan being 2nd string says more about the guy in front of him....

A lot of guys did not suit up that will play significant time next fall, including 1-2 RBs.

Is the depth chart posted anywhere?

Back