What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Uniforms

Yeah, I am not sure how this is hard to understand.

It's not hard to understand. What is hard to understand is how to describe what the new uniforms should look like.

Change for the sake of change should not be confused with progress or improvement.
For example Maryland and Virginia Tech have had some hideous uniform combos. There have been many more mistakes.

One key point is that Oregon stands out as a trend setter. Copy-cats do not.
The other key point is that wearing the same crap as Baylor (but with different letters on the chest) is not acceptable.

It's not hard to understand. What is hard to understand is how to describe what the new uniforms should look like.

Change for the sake of change should not be confused with progress or improvement.
For example Maryland and Virginia Tech have had some hideous uniform combos. There have been many more mistakes.

The other key point is that wearing the same crap as Baylor (but with different letters on the chest) is not acceptable.
It will be interesting to see where they go with the new unis. I do agree with the copy-cat and hope they don't go too far down that alley. I'd like to see something unique that catches the recruits eyes and sets CU apart.

When majority of allbuffs dislikes the uni's, I know we've found the right design!

Aren't some players working with Nike on it? At least that's what I've heard. And Crawley retweeted this tweet and then said "Little do yall know. (Smirk emoji) #SneakPeakCominSoon" (Alex Kelley also posted a smirk face in reply on reddit when I posted it). If the players are working with Nike on them, that's the opinion that matters. If the players like it, then it's likely the recruits will too.

Aren't some players working with Nike on it? At least that's what I've heard. And Crawley retweeted this tweet and then said "Little do yall know. (Smirk emoji) #SneakPeakCominSoon" (Alex Kelley also posted a smirk face in reply on reddit when I posted it). If the players are working with Nike on them, that's the opinion that matters. If the players like it, then it's likely the recruits will too.

Maybe THAT's why CSU has a fiber's degree. Not sure it's a good idea giving an accountant, economist, or engineer responsibility for uniform design. :lol:

Maybe THAT's why CSU has a fiber's degree. Not sure it's a good idea giving an accountant, economist, or engineer responsibility for uniform design. :lol:

We can name the new uniforms "The Homer".

You guys will get that on the way home.

Whatever we need to get recruits and get some Ws. Uniforms, facilities, cash, cars. Doesn't matter. Need wins.

the-homer-inline4.jpg

I do hope CU has finally realized they can't make big upgrades (ie facilities, unis, etc) once, and then leave it alone for 20+ years before they make upgrades again. Uniforms need to evolve continually every couple years to keep up with the changing styles and preferences of the day's youth, and facilities need to be maintained and upgraded every couple years, as well, as technology advances.

I do hope CU has finally realized they can't make big upgrades (ie facilities, unis, etc) once, and then leave it alone for 20+ years before they make upgrades again. Uniforms need to evolve continually every couple years to keep up with the changing styles and preferences of the day's youth, and facilities need to be maintained and upgraded every couple years, as well, as technology advances.
I think technology in design has gotten so much better that design life of buildings and facilities are much longer than they were in the Dal Ward days.

I think technology in design has gotten so much better that design life of buildings and facilities are much longer than they were in the Dal Ward days.

I'm not necessarily talking about the integrity of the structures themselves, but more about the amenities inside them. Everything from the TVs, entertainment areas (couches, pool tables, fooseball tables, vending machines, etc.), supplement bar, cold tubs, hot tubs, rehab facility, weights, barbells, dumbells, platforms, etc. etc. etc. Some of that stuff seems silly to mention, but the athletic facilities are basically where these guys live. When showing them off to recruits, everything needs to look state of the art, new and comfortable.

My high school son and his friends loved the Maryland uniforms. I think they were hideous, but they were a hit with the youth.

Most young people are going to associate the uniforms of the last few seasons with losing. I was 1 when we last wore those uniforms and weren't a joke, I could give a **** about them it's not 1990 anymore. All I see as a 25 year old is old uniforms for a fanbase that reminisce's about the old days when all we do is lose in those uniforms now. And if that's as a diehard fan why would some 18 year old from Cali or Texas give a **** about 1990 looks?

I hate to say it, but he's right.

Its part of a college football culture shift that we need to embrace. Every team in the conference has had a uniform update or an alternate uniform introduced in the past 3 years except for us and USC.

UofA - full rebrand
ASU - full rebrand
Cal - full rebrand
Stanford - football alternates
UCLA - football uniform modernization and alternates
USC - alternate helmat and head coach promise of more alternates coming
OSU - full rebrand
UO - full.... well oregon.
UW - football uniform modernization
WSU - full rebrand
UU - football uniform modernization

CU - color adjustments. Finally introduced alternate helmet in 2014

My son is 7. His favorite team - Oregon. Why? "Because they are fast and they always get to wear a different uniform."
Vomit. But reality.

So many possibilities. Football should take a page from basketball's unis and go with a slate grey combination or some sort for an alternate choice.

So many possibilities. Football should take a page from basketball's unis and go with a slate grey combination or some sort for an alternate choice.

Agree with this. Slate grey unis and pants with black numbers/lettering, white helmets/gold facemasks.

Back